Shocking Things You Would Have Liked

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ray_Krebbs, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +182
    What shocking twists would you have liked seeing? I wish that Sue Ellen had turned the tables on J.R. After getting to a point where they reconnect and he has no infidelities, Sue Ellen makes sure he catches her in bed with another man, asks him how it feels, and says joke is on him before taking off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,100
    Medals:
    I would've had Sue Ellen inviting herself to a threesome with Mandy Winger, then vomit on the Winger skank and collapse on the floor.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    J.R. to have been Lucy's father always seems like a shock-factor storyline to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,100
    Medals:
    Hmm, I think Jock being her father would be even more shocking; plus it would explain why Grandma and Grandpa were parental figures rather than the more obvious younger childless married couple living on the ranch (JR/Swellin')...

5. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    Ooh... it would also explain J.R.'s decision to run Valene off of Southfork, so she couldn't spill the beans to Miss Ellie - if he somehow found out about Lucy's paternity:eck:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Ray’s the father of John Ross, conceived during his forgotten night of passion with Sue Ellen in Black Market Baby!

They weren’t accounting for the possibility that a half-brother of JR was a potential father when they did the DNA tests in Paternity Suit.

7. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,438
    Medals:
    That might have been a better send-off for her than the protracted movie-making of her final season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,100
    Medals:
    Plus, tests back then weren't that reliable. Wasn't it just a matter of a simple blood match at that point?

9. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Medals:
    Pam to become a an evil bitch. I was so sick of her never retaliating, no matter what JR did to her....

10. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,443
    I wouldn't have wanted to see any more "shocking twists" than we already saw. Then, I never saw Dallas as a soap opera. I saw it as a modern day Western drama that just happened to use the serialized format sops were known for.

Would it be accurate to say soaps are known for having an unusually large number of "shocking twists" in their stories?

When Dallas started pushing the envelope for how over the top or ow outlandish their storylines could be, that was the beginning of the end. Think of some of the storylines used in the waning days of Dallas and imagine those storylines being proposed in the earlier years, when Jim Davis was still alive, seasons 3 and 4 especially. Can you honestly picture at that time a storylines such as "What if we get JR to accidentally get himself trapped in an insane asylum just so that he could try to get a crazy old lady to sign him the voting rights to shares of West Star he didn't own anyway"? I really think they just would have laughed and asked "No, seriously, what ideas do you have for us"?

They reply "Ok, seriously: What if we have JR on a hunting trip in a rural area met a beautiful young woman and so he seduces her an they sleep together. Then the next morning he's accused of rape. He's not allowed to call his lawyer and is tried by a Justice Of The Peace. He can't do anything to get out of it and his family never comes looking for him. So, he's sentenced to 10 years of hard labor. JR will end up working on a chain gang until the brothers of the young woman he slept with abduct him from the prison, take him to their farm, and force JR to dig his own grave. How do you like that idea"? Oh, he'll eventually escape and make his way back to Dallas but then the young woman he slept with follows him there and tricks JR into marrying her! How about that?"

"No? How about a story where Cliff and JR both need up owning half of Ewing Oil. So, JR sells his half of Ewing Oil to Cliff because he thinks he will get the job of running West Star. But he turns out to be mistaken and ends up with nothing! How do you like that idea"?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +593
    Pam opens the shower door and instead of Bobby she sees...........JR!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1