Short miniseries for Bobby and Pam fans only ;-)

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Ms Southworth, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Hi to all you Bobby and Pam fans in cyberspace

Karin Schill has convinced me to share a short story that I wrote almost 11 years ago - when I was on maternity leave prior to giving birth to my firstborn. ;) The story was really only meant for a good friend of mine ... we took turns writing what we would have liked to see happen on Dallas regarding Bobby and Pam ... but maybe you all will enjoy it too?

My short story picks up shortly after Cliff and April return to Dallas after having met with Pam and her doctor (season 11?).

Part 1 out of 10:

After Bobby had learned the truth about Pam from April, he spent the evening in his room at Southfork contemplating what to do with the information.

Should Bobby let bygones be bygones and leave Pam be like she supposedly wanted, or should he go and see her? It was all so confusing, because he couldn’t understand why she had turned Cliff away like she did … … her only brother! Would Pam do the same to him, if he went to see her?

April had said that Pam had fallen in love with her doctor and planned to marry him. To hear those words hurt so much more than he would like to admit. Even though he had tried … and tried hard, he still wasn’t even close to being over her. She had a hold on him that he just couldn’t explain … … nor was he at a point where he was willing to let her go.

“That does it”, Bobby thought to himself. “I have to go and see her … … I need to hear the whole story from her, no matter how much it hurts”.

Bobby gave Cliff a call and asked for the address of the place where he’d met with Pam. Cliff wasn’t thrilled about the fact that Bobby wanted to go and see Pam. But on the other hand, he really didn’t have any good arguments as to why Bobby shouldn’t. After he had hung up the phone, Cliff thought to himself: “Maybe this is what Bobby needs to be able to move on”.

Bobby made a couple of phone calls. He needed professional help in finding Pam’s home address. Unlike Cliff, Bobby didn’t want to meet Pam at her doctor’s office. The private investigator promised that he would get back to Bobby with the information as soon as possible, even if it meant pulling an “all nighter”.

Bobby went to Christopher’s room to check on him. Christopher was sound asleep. Bobby went over and sat on the side of his son’s bed. Bobby whispered: “I’m going to find out once and for all what happened, son!!! I know how much you love your mother … I do too … but it looks like she doesn’t want us in her life”. Christopher stirred for a second, and Bobby bent over and kissed his son on the forehead. Bobby went back to his own bedroom to get ready for bed.

The next morning Bobby left for the airport at the crack of dawn. He hadn’t slept all that well during the night, so he figured that he might as well get an early start. While waiting for his plane to take off, he called Miss Ellie and filled her in on what was going on. He asked her not to say anything to anyone about it. Not for now anyway.

All during the plane ride, Bobby was thinking of what Pam’s reaction would be to him showing up unannounced. He didn’t feel completely convinced that Pam would agree to see him, if he made his presence known beforehand. Therefore, he decided that he wanted to approach Pam at a time when she would least expect it. “Then she won’t be able to turn me away”.

When Bobby arrived, he checked himself into a hotel and waited for the private investigator’s phone call. He was feeling restless now knowing that he was in the same city as Pam.

In the middle of the afternoon, the private investigator called and gave Bobby the address where Pam was staying.

Bobby went down to the hotel lobby and asked for directions. He took his rental car and drove off. After a about a 30 minute drive, he reached the right neighbourhood. Some children were out playing in the street, so he had to drive slowly. He didn’t mind though, as he needed the time to get a hold of himself. His heart was racing at this point!!!

Bobby stopped the car and pulled over when he got closer to the right house. For a few minutes, he just sat there staring at the place that was now Pam’s home. It was a nice house, though not nearly as big and fancy as the house she had inherited from her mother.

All of a sudden, the front door opened and Pam stepped outside. Bobby almost stopped breathing. He just sat there and stared at her. Even though he wasn’t close enough to get a really good look at her, she looked everything like he remembered!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you so much Ms Southworth for sharing your story with us. :)
    I think you're off to a great start and I can totally sense how apprehensive Bobby was about going to see Pam. The part when he sat down next to Christopher's bedside at night was sweet. I can see why he needs to get some answers. Of course you ended it with a cliffhanger too. I can't wait to find out how Pam reacts to seeing Bobby again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +602
    Ms southworth ;Thanks for posting your great story for us fans of this couple ; I like your first chapter ; i can' t wait me too to see what Pam is going to say when she will see Bobby in front of her house ; quick quick we need the following chapter!!!!:gotcha:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Thank you very much for your feedback :):):)

Part 2 out of 10:

Pam walked down the street in the other direction, while she was thinking of the visit that Cliff had paid her. She still felt so bad for lying to him, but she felt that it was the only way for her to get him to leave her alone.

Bobby followed behind Pam in his car trying his best to stay unnoticed. He didn’t want to be found out just yet.

After about 10 minutes, Pam reached a recreational area with a soccer field and a basketball court as well as a couple of picnic areas. There was a big lake, and lots of people were out swimming on this rather warm day. Pam stopped for a few minutes to say hello to some people that she apparently knew. Bobby pulled over into a nearby parking lot and waited for her to move on.

Pam continued down to the lakeshore where she sat down on a bench and looked out over the calm water. She was feeling a bit uneasy, but couldn’t figure out exactly why. Seeing Cliff again had certainly taken a toll on her. She hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him, but even more so about Bobby and Christopher. She missed them all so much, but she tried to convince herself that it wouldn’t do her any good looking back now.

Pam fought off the tears that were starting to appear in the corner of her eye. She took a couple of deep breaths and tried to get a hold of herself. She had to look forward and just focus on the fact that she had done what was best for everyone. She took off her shoes and went down to the water to cool off. She had her shoes in one hand as she began walking slowly along the lakeshore just enjoying the nice weather.

At this time, Bobby had left his car and begun walking down to where Pam was. As he got closer, he began guessing how she would react to seeing him again. “No, I got this far”, Bobby thought to himself. “I have to follow through not matter what the outcome will be”!

Then he called her name!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Another great update now from Pam's POV. I can see why seeing Cliff again would upset her. Also what a nice setting you've selected for their first meeting again. I wonder how Pam will react upon seeing Bobby?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Ms Southworth, thank you so much for sharing your awesome Bobby and Pam story with us.:) I love Bobby and Pam and I HATE the way their beautiful love story ended.:) :( Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out how Pam is going to react to seeing Bobby again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Thanks for your feedback once again :hug:

Part 3 out of 10:

Pam stopped in her tracks at the sound of Bobby’s voice. “No, it can’t be … … I must be imagining things”, she thought to herself. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and fought to regain control of herself. Just as she was ready to continue her walk after a few seconds, she heard Bobby’s voice calling out to her again, only this time he sounded so much closer than before.

Pam decided to ignore the voice in her head telling her that she was losing her mind. Instead, she spun around. And there he was … … standing just a few feet away from her … … looking just as handsome as she remembered!!!

For the longest moment, they just stood there staring at each other. Neither of them moved. Neither of them had the ability to say anything. It seemed like they had shut out the entire world. Time seized to exist. There was only the two of them.

“She looks so beautiful”, Bobby thought to himself. All those feelings came rushing back faster than the speed of light. He felt the exact same way he had done so many years ago, when he first laid eyes on her at the Ewing Barbeque. He’d fallen in love with her in an instant, and that love had never seized to exist. But then again, he already knew that. His heart pounded like crazy, and he was out of breath.

“Oh, Bobby … I thought that I’d never lay eyes on you again”, Pam thought to herself. “Why did you have to come here??? Now you’ve managed to stir up all these feelings that I’ve tried so hard to ignore and instead put behind me”. Pam felt like Bobby had managed to paralyze her just by his presence. It seemed like her heart kept on missing a beat, and she had to concentrate just to keep breathing.

:BL:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Great update Ms Southworth.:) Please don't keep us hanging for too long because I can't wait to find out what happens next for Bobby and Pam now that they are finally staring into each others eyes. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Part 4 out of 10:

After each of them had been silent for what seemed like an eternity, Bobby was the first to speak. “How are you, Pam?”

After a few seconds Pam stuttered, “I’m okay”.

“You look wonderful, absolutely wonderful”, Bobby continued.

Pam didn’t know what to say except “thank you”. She wanted to give him a compliment too, but felt that it was better not to under the circumstances.

“You have to understand that I needed to see you after Cliff and April came back with the information that you never wanted any contact with us again”, Bobby said. “I have to try to make some kind of sense out of it all”.

Pam just stood there, not knowing what to say. She couldn’t lie to his face … he would be able to tell in an instant that she wasn’t being sincere. She felt tears forming in her eyes and knew that it was only a matter of time before Bobby would notice too. As a last resort, she managed to ‘escape’ Bobby’s eyes and looked down. “If I can just keep my mouth shut, he’ll never have to know the truth”, she said to herself.

• Like Like x 4
  10. pd fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +602
    Great update southworth 'I like your story is pam going to tell him the thrue 'I ' anxious to see what happen next time thanks to share with US :jolly:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    :thank:

Part 5 out of 10:

“Is it true that you’re going to marry your doctor?”, Bobby asked.

Pam just nodded her head, still avoiding any kind of eye contact. “Oh, Bobby … just go away and leave me be. It’s the best thing for all of us”, she thought to herself.

“After everything that we’ve been through together, you don’t think that I deserve some kind of explanation?”

Pam turned away from him and looked out over the water. The lump in her throat kept getting bigger and bigger, and she barely managed to get the word “no” across her lips.

Bobby felt the anger building up inside of him. He got the feeling that she was hiding something, so he went over to her, grabbed her by the shoulders, turned her around, and said rather harshly, “Talk to me”.

Bobby forced her to look up at him by putting one hand under her chin. It wasn’t until then that he noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. He pulled her into his arms and held her tightly.

Pam didn’t have the strength to fight back anymore. She completely lost all self control and just started sobbing and eventually crying out loud. It felt so good to have Bobby’s strong arms around her again. “How can I explain … … will he be able to understand?”, Pam thought.

:hugs:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Aww poor Pam and poor Bobby. He's in for more heartbreak when he hears the truth. But oh well at least she can't run away from him again.

Great emotional writing by the way. You can really sense how tormented they are by the whole situation and how much they still love each other. I look forward to read more and to find out how Bobby will react to the news.

• Like Like x 1
  13. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +468
    :10:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Thanks for your feedback :love:

Part 6 out of 10:

Bobby just held her while he whispered comforting words into her ears. It was amazing having her so close again. Her scent was intoxicating, and he just wanted this moment to last forever. “I knew something wasn’t right”, he said to himself.

All kinds of thoughts raced through Pam’s head as she tried to get a hold of herself. She found it hard to concentrate being wrapped up so tightly against Bobby’s muscular body. Eventually, she chose just to try to relax and enjoy the moment. It might not last!

“What is it, honey?”, Bobby said quietly while slightly pulling Pam back from his chest without letting her go.

“I’m sorry … … I’m so sorry”, Pam whispered, still trying to avoid eye contact with Bobby.

“What’s going on, Pam? Please tell me! I want to help in any way I can.”

“But that’s just it! You can’t! Nobody can!”, Pam almost shouted.

“I don’t understand, sweetheart! What are you talking about?”, Bobby said with a puzzled look on his face.

“Please … … just go back to Dallas. You shouldn’t have come here”, Pam said in a low voice.

“NO, tell me what’s going on!”, Bobby said, more determined than ever.

Bobby forced Pam to look into his eyes while he pleaded: “Tell me … … tell me everything, so that I’ll be able to understand”.

Bobby handed her a tissue, so that she could dry off her tears.

Pam shook her head, but Bobby wouldn’t take no for an answer. He gave her a look that said it all.

Pam wasn’t quite sure how to proceed. Bobby read her mind and suggested that they go and sit on a nearby bench, which Pam agreed to by simply nodding her head.

As she sat down, she looked down at her hands and began fidgeting with her fingers in a way that people do when they’re really nervous. Bobby put one arm around her and pulled her close, while he laid his other free hand on top of hers to try to calm her down.

“Just tell me what happened … … that’s all I ask”, Bobby said.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Great updates Ms Southworth. I love Bobby and Pam so much. I feel horrible for them both and their sweet little boy Christopher in your story. They all still love each other so much. Bobby is going be devastated when Pam finally gets the courage to tell him the truth.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    Thanks so much for your contribution to our wee corner of the forum :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. pd fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +602
    :fantastic::fantastic:but so sad for them Merci Southworth

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    aww brilliant but angsty. I can so picture their facial expressions when I read this. :)
    So will she tell him soon?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Great so far cannot wait to see what is next. Thanks so much, I am a big Pam and Bobby fan.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    :yw:

Part 7 out of 10:

Pam leaned up against Bobby’s chest, while he buried his face in her thick auburn-coloured hair. She took a couple of deep breaths before she began her story. She told him everything that she remembered from the car accident and her hospital stay. In the beginning, she had slipped in and out of consciousness, but she clearly remembered all the times that she had woken up and seen him sitting next to her.

Eventually Pam moved on and told him in detail about the day when she got to see herself in a mirror for the first time after the accident. She had been so devastated. Even though the doctors repeatedly had tried to assure her that plastic surgery to a certain degree would be able to reconstruct her face and body, she didn’t dare believe them. The doctors had said that it would take time and patience, but she just couldn’t buy into the fact that they were able to fix such severe burns.

Pam went on to explain how she managed to leave the hospital and her reasons for doing so. “I just couldn’t face you looking the way I did. I didn’t want to be a burden to you or to our son”.

“You could never be a burden to us”, Bobby said.

“Bobby, I don’t expect you to understand”, Pam said while pulling herself out of Bobby’s arms. “I realize that you must be very angry with me for what I did“.

Bobby pulled her right back up close against his body, while he said: “I WAS angry for a long time. I couldn’t understand how you could just turn your back to us and never look back.”

Tears began to roll down Pam’s cheeks again. “It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done … … walking out on the two people in the world who meant the most to me. I don’t blame you if you hate me”.

“I could never hate you, and you should know that. As angry as I might have been at you for leaving, I have never stopped loving or missing you”, Bobby said while he gave Pam yet another little squeeze.

• Like Like x 3