1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Short miniseries for Bobby and Pam fans only ;-)

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Ms Southworth, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Update please ..... the suspense is unreal ....;)

Just how I wanted them to end.....not how it did, but hey its only Soapland not real life!:p

• Like Like x 2
  2. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +734
    great update again Thanks :bravo:

3. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    :thank: for your feedback :spinning:

Part 8 out of 10

Several minutes passed by as they sat silently on the bench and watched the sun begin to set. The people around them had begun gathering their belongings to head home for dinner.

“Tell me what happened after you left Dallas”, Bobby said.

“Up until a couple of months ago, I’ve spent pretty much all the time in a hospital having numerous and extensive plastic surgeries. I’ve also had a lot of psychological help in dealing with the emotional scars. It’s taken me a long time to get to where I am today”.

“The doctors did an amazing job. I just wish that you hadn’t chosen to go through it all without me by your side. You didn’t have to … ... I would have been there with you every step of the way”, Bobby said while caressing Pam’s face.

Pam looked away and was silent for a few seconds before she continued. “I just couldn’t, Bobby. Maybe if I show you the photos from my long recovery, you’ll be able to understand. Anyway, that’s not all … …“.

Bobby felt a tight knot beginning to form in his stomach. He was afraid to ask the next question, because he was afraid of the answer he might get.

“What do you mean?”, he said anxiously.

Pam didn't say anything for what seemed like forever. “How am I going to break the news to him?”, she thought to herself. She sat up more straight, while also putting some distance between herself and Bobby.

Pam had no idea about the crazy thoughts that were racing through Bobby’s head at this time: Would this be the time when Pam told him that she’d fallen in love with one of her doctors?

Bobby held his breath for what seemed like the longest time!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Beautiful but angsty. I love that they are talking and reconnecting and the setting you have chosen for them is beautiful. But how is Bobby going to react when he hears that she is dying?

If she really is, let's hope the doctors are wrong, wrong, wrong!

5. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Part 9 out of 10:

Pam quietly said: “As the plastic surgeons were finishing up their work, they suggested that I underwent a complete physical examination … … just to be on the safe side. I didn’t think anything of it. I was so thrilled about the thought of finally being able to leave the hospital grounds for good that I hadn’t prepared myself for any negative results from all the medical tests that I had undergone”.

Pam stood up and walked away from the bench, looking towards the colorful horizon.

Bobby held his breath, because he was afraid of what was coming. He walked up beside her and somehow managed to say: “What did the tests show?”

Pam couldn’t hold back the tears anymore, and they began rolling down her cheeks. After several seconds of silence, Pam said: “The doctors discovered that I have a rare blood disease.”

“But you’re getting the proper medical treatment now, right?”, Bobby asked quickly as he grabbed one of her hands.

“The doctors are making sure that I’m stable and not in too much pain, but there is no cure for this particular disease”, Pam said.

“What are you saying?”, Bobby said with a horrified look on his face.

Pam looked at Bobby and said: “Bobby, the doctors have told me that I’m dying. They don’t expect me to live for very long. If I’m lucky, 1-2 years at the most”.

Bobby grabbed Pam by the shoulders and turned her around towards him. With tears in his eyes he stuttered: “There must be something that they can do!”

Pam slowly shook her head and continued: “Because the disease is rare, there hasn’t been a whole lot of research done”.

“Well, we’ll get a second opinion somewhere else … … and we’ll find doctors who are willing to do the research”, Bobby said while he hugged Pam even tighter than before.

They held each other for some time, before Pam with sadness in her voice said: “It’s no use, Bobby. I’ve come to accept it. ... ... And you need to do the same.”

Bobby was so distraught at all the news that Pam had just given him.

Arms still wrapped tightly around each other, they stood for a while just looking at the sunset, both of them lost in deep thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pd fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +734
    Ms southworth I have almost tears in my eyes ; it's so moving ; but wonderful writing keep on writing we will love to see how Bobby will deal this disease wit her :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  7. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +560
    :sad::sad::sad::best:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    A blood disease I didn't see that one coming! But yeah they claimed she was terminally ill on the show so it had to be something... :(
    Let's hope the doctors are wrong about how much time she has left.
    I'm glad that she finally told Bobby the truth and it sounds like he's not giving up on her so that's good. She has his support and love now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Thank you for the feedback :thank:

Part 10 out of 10

Bobby was still puzzled about one thing. He turned, softly grabbing Pam by the shoulders, and said: “What about all the things that you told Cliff when he met with you?”

Pam looked Bobby in the eye, paused for a bit, before she said: “You mean about me marrying my doctor and not wanting any contact with you all?”, Pam said.

“Yes”, Bobby said, holding his breath.

Pam was quiet for a bit before she said: “I didn’t know what else to say to convince him to go home and forget all about me. There was no way that I could ever agree to go back to Dallas to see you and Christopher… … you had already lost me once … and I didn’t want you to lose me all over again”.

“So none of what you told Cliff was true?”, Bobby asked to be sure that he had understood her correct.

Pam looked up at Bobby again before she quietly confirmed: “It was all a lie”.

Bobby was relived and quickly said: “You’re coming back to Dallas with me. There’s no way that I’m leaving you here.”

“But … …”, Pam said.

Bobby interrupted her and said: “No … … I’m not going to argue with you about it. You’re coming back to Dallas with me. I’m going to take care of you and also get you the best medical care available, and that’s how it’s going to be, period”.

“Bobby, I don’t want to be any trouble. It’s better, if I just stay here. There is Christopher to think of too. And he’s been through so much already. I don’t want to hurt him any more than I already have … …”.

“I won’t take no for an answer. And if our son was here, I’m convinced that he would agree with me”, Bobby said.

Pam looked up at him with tears in her eyes: “I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you”.

Bobby pulled her even closer and whispered while into her eyes: “I love you too”.

They starred deeply into each others eyes for the longest moment, while they both smiled with tears in their eyes.

“I’ve wanted to do this, since the first second I laid eyes on you today”, Bobby said just before he gave Pam a passionate kiss.

As their lips parted, Bobby said: “Let’s go home”.

“Home?”, Pam said tenderly. She almost didn’t dare believe.

“HOME”, Bobby said with determination in his voice. With a playful smile on his face, he continued: “Well, tonight I want you all for myself, but tomorrow I’m taking you home where you belong.”

Pam just smiled at him with tears in her eyes. No words were necessary.

They shared another long kiss and began their journey home.

• Like Like x 3
  10. pd fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +734
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with us Ms Southworth. I love the way you wrote Bobby & Pam. I'm glad your story got a sort of happy ending in the sense that Pam was coming home with Bobby and they were back together again. Also gotta love it when they kiss. :kiss:
    Still it sucks that she is still sick and well it would have been nice to have seen Christopher's reaction to his mama coming home...

But yeah great, bittersweet, angsty, romantic Bobby & Pam story. :10:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Lovely ending .....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    :yw:

Our imagination can now take over! :fondle: Who can tell what happens next? Your bet is as good as mine! :kiss: This is Hollywood (or Dallas Wonderland) which ever you prefer! :hug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Nice story! I liked how the ending sort of left it to our imaginations about what could have happened, but was still accurate with Pam's condition. And thank you for not having it be Katherine locking Pam up in dungeon for years or Mark kidnapping her. I was never able to get into those back on the old forum.

• Like Like x 2
  15. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +445
    Terrific story Ms. S., really enjoyed reading it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Thank you :bh:

17. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    I finally got around to reading your work this weekend--sorry for being way behind! I love this--it feels much more authentic than what we actually saw during that era of the show...

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  18. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Thank you very much! :wave:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  19. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings: