1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Shortland Street Shortland Street UK

Discussion in 'Australian & New Zealand Soaps' started by steve, Feb 11, 2017.

1. steve

steve Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone else remember this aussie show when it was on the UK. I used to watch it during the 2000s before I went in to work but suddenly it disappeared.

I remember a young lad called Nick who was in it and I think his mum played one of the head nurses. No idea what happened to him but there was one storyline where his mum caught him in bed with a young lady. Didnt see the following episode so not sure what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Banana Hammock

Banana Hammock Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +850
    I liked the theme tune !
    I remember Nick, and can picture his sister too. And Waverley who I think was Nicks girlfriend. I can picture some others but can't remember the names.
    It was on tv here (Ireland) at about 5pm so I used to watch it, but they moved it to I dunno....about 11am, and repeats at about 4am, so I haven't seen it for years, as it's still in a mad timeslot.

3. steve

steve Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think in the UK it got ditched in 2003.

Must have been 2001 or 2002 time when I was watching it then it suddenly disappeared. I gather Sky channel Living was airing it in 2010 but I didnt know it was on that channel & plus if they were airing the 2007 season im guessing alot of the characters would have changed.

Your very lucky being in Ireland still today getting to see the show, I think if it ever came back to the UK it could be difficult to watch with everyone new.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +524
    • Like Like x 2
  5. steve

steve Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Michael Galvin is still there? Blimey he must be the longest actor on that soap.

6. soapfan79

soapfan79 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    does anyone collect the show?

7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,793
    Shortland Street is a New Zealand produced Soap, first broadcast in 1992 and is still running. I recall it being screened on one of channel 7's digital channels here in Australia for a while. It developed a bit of a following before disappearing. It came back for a while and then vanished, never to be seen again. They did the same thing with Coronation Street. Funny thing with Corrie though. The episodes they screened were already several years old. It was around the time Charlie Stubbs makes his appearance. After building up a loyal following and just when things were getting interesting with the character of David Platt the show disappeared as well - never to be seen again. I recall there was a lot of chatter about it at the time.

8. soapfan79

soapfan79 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    love the show. does anyone have episode 6180 from 24th feb 2017 recorded on dvd willing to share please thank you.