Should Dana have been related to Krystle ?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,493
    ...I mean, since it's a dynasty and all?

Maybe she could even usurp and replace Virginia in Season 9!

"Y'know, Dana, incest is really way over-criticized..."
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    Wow. I actually thought that once, but figured I'd be criticized for thinking that. :lol: What's more, whenever I watch clips of Season 9, whenever I see Virginia, I like to re-imagine her as either Dana or Amanda, depending on what scene it is. And I would have given Dana Virginia's hooker background instead of having her be a high school stalker from Adam's past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    Dana needed something, maybe a connection to Krystle, but frankly I would have preferred it if she had been a Colby offspring, like erase Bliss from the universe and put her in. The Billings history was just too quickly resolved and then there was nothing other than the ridiculous surrogacy. But imagine Adam and Bliss, Adam with his hands on Colby Enterprises, fighting Jeff, and plotting with Sable (and being caught between two sides in season 9, and probably double-crossing both).

• Like Like x 3
  4. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I'm fine with Dana, even though Leann Hunley deserved more screen time.

Virginia was ok when Krystle was still there but she should have left Denver earlier. Or she should have became the new Sammy Jo : a sweet girl who instantly turns into a bitch after she slept with a Carrington. Then, she could have been scheming with Adam against Blake (like in the storyline of Adam & Sammy Jo partners in crime that started at the end of season 4 before Camille Marchetta put an end to it).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,493
    Did she? Well, it was a missed opportunity, that's for sure. But didn't Heather have to go back to TJ HOOKER?

• Like Like x 1
  6. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I think it's partially because of "TJ Hooker" and also because in the bible Camille Marchetta planned to make of Adam a good boy who would help a damsel in distress (Marin Dexter, whose father raped her when she was a child). Fortunately that dumb idea was scrapped even though what we had (Claudia and Adam's affair) was far from being great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,506
    Sable intended to use her for...something. I've always wondered how and why, although I have my suspicions.

Dana, Miss Perfect.
    I wish she had been more determined to keep her secret a secret, and Sean should have made her jump through hoops i.e. the most vile and wicked things.
    It was very similar to Krystle's threat, Sean's blackmail was un-blackmailed, end of interesting plot. Yet another anti-climax.

8. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    At that point the show could no longer handle Adam as he had been created in season three (or end of season two per the Pollocks'), a complex and tormented man who was both victim and villain. So, in that sense I am glad he did not turn into a good boy, though I don't believe bringing in the Dexters would have been bad. And as @Snarky's Ghost said, dumping the Adam and Sammy Jo thread was a wasted opportunity on the part of Marchetta, but that wasn't the only one in season 5, the season of wasted opportunities.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,513
    I liked that Dana was a complete outsider, by season 7 the Carrington's had been swapping wives, delving into illicit relations with step-relatives, in laws and second cousins far too many times at this stage, Dana being connected to Adam only as a girl he vaguely knew in the early 70s was a breath of fresh air like Dana herself was
    :)

I do agree that Krystle could have done with a few more relatives aside from Sammy Jo, Mark and Virginia, I think a male cousin whom Blake takes under his wing immediately, a man who brings Adam, Steven and Jeff together as they distrust and are envious that Blake seemingly prefers this distant relative better than them.

I also think a maiden aunt of Krystle could have been a recurring character, some one who actually renders Alexis speechless with her superior put downs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1