Should Krystle have been the Good Wife of the 80s?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Willie Oleson, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,228
    Medals:
    And become governor of Colorado? I mean, gradually, and because she was noticed by the media, rather than having political ambitions of her own?

And instead of doing the obvious, should Alexis have supported her own candidate? And who should that be?
    It could have been interesting to watch the CEO's pulling the strings behind-the-scenes, and the conflicts it would cause for Krystle and her competitor (a very handsome man? Sean Rowan? A secret romance?).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    So Krystle would be running for Governor, and Alexis would be supporting Krystle's competitor? ...Me likes. Me likes very, *very* muuuuch... :D:D:D

3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    Would Alexis be secretly funding the competitor in all kinds of dirty deedy underhanded ways? Would Alexis also be boinking him and covering up his shifty past?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Of course she would! This is ALEXIS, Alexis! ;D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,228
    Medals:
    Exactly!

And she will instruct him how to debate, and about what. For example:

Alexis: "Here's your...eh, script, as it were. Start with this (points at page 1), she'll have the perfect answer for that. Then continue with environmental issues as you can read on page 3 - she's fiercely protective of her roses - but Adam told me they have it all worked out and she'll come up with the perfect answer again, and make Denver-Carrington look like the holy of holies". (scoffs).

Sean: "And how is this supposed to"

Alexis: "No, wait, that's good. Let her feel safe for a while. Look here...the last 10 minutes are reserved for the topic on supporting the community of Colorado. Now, what Krystle is going to say, is that we should support them in taking responsibility, rather than simply supporting people in general, financially or otherwise. The angle, as we know from her previous debate, is to make people feel stronger and secure. But right before she starts that boring speech about single mothers and education and God knows what else, you interrupt her and say...this. (points at the page). Read it out loud. I want to hear you say the words".

Sean: (reads from page) "but how can you talk about responsibility, Mrs Carrington? Wasn't it you, the oil tycoon's spoilt wife, who ended the life of her unborn baby by riding a dangerous horse, against doctor's orders? Just because you were bored? Where, Mrs Carrington, does the community of Denver, and Colorado for that matter, stand, when you start to feel bored? (Sean pauses) But Mrs. Colby...this is...horrible! It's a public execution!"

Alexis: "And it will make you Governor of Colorado! Welcome to the world of politics, Mr. Rowan! Now, let's put these papers away for a while, and concentrate on something more...eh, present. Like you and me, here in this hotel room?".

Not To Be Continued

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    *applauds* Bravo, dude. Bravo!

Hmm, but how would Krystle actually respond to that? Naturally she'd be momentarily shocked, and would probably grip the podium she's standing in front of till her knuckles turn white, but what would or could she say? Would she fly into a rage, or would she miraculously keep her cool?

Here's what I just imagined her saying:

Krystle: (after a moment's silence) "First of all, no doctor ever told me to not ride any horse. Second of all, I was not bored. I went for that ride because I love horses, and thought a gentle trot in the peaceful woods would be a nice way to spend an afternoon. It was your campaign manager, Alexis Colby, who decided that my baby should die on that day, when she fired her shotgun into the air and startled my horse, causing me to fall off and miscarry! I've been forced to keep quiet about that all these years because I could never prove what she'd done, but if people like Alexis are the ones who're supporting you, then all the more reason to keep you from running this state!"

And as the audience gasps and slowly goes into an uproar, we get a good shot of Alexis' face, which says it all: "Oh crap." lol

Naturally what would follow would be reporters and such hounding Alexis for questions, with Mrs. Colby denouncing Mrs. Carrington as "utterly insane" and her accusations as "outrageous"... and then a confrontation between her and Sean that isn't particularly pleasant. ^^

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Oh, whoops, sorry dude, didn't notice that part till just now. Heh heh...

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Although earlier I thought up a continuation regarding how the rest of the family reacts to this bit of news:

Fallon, Steven, Adam and Amanda (still played by Oxenberg, thank you very much) all gather somewhere private to discuss the shocking revelation (although didn't Adam say in season 3 that he found out about the incident? Though he never said how he did; perhaps in this scene with his siblings, Adam says he's known all along, but he never knew any of the details, and that he only knew about it in the first place in that he tricked Alexis into admitting to it; just to give a quick explanation of sorts), and manage to rationally decide to first hear full stories from both their mother figures.

Alexis of course denies the allegations in her usual over-the-top attitude, exaggerating details and playing herself as the real victim in all of this. Krystle, on the other hand, is calm and quiet, and admits that she has never had the right kind of proof to properly accuse Alexis of causing her miscarriage - although she does point out Alexis' suspicious behavior when she tried to silence and then fire Tony the groundsmen after he spoke to Krystle.

The four Carrington kids gather again, and at first are unable to decide who to believe or what to do next. But then Steven decides it doesn't matter whether Alexis caused Krystle's miscarriage or not. What matters is that Alexis, through Sean, tried to use the incident to publicly smear Krystle's reputation. That alone is enough cause to be angry at their mother, and the other three siblings agree, albeit for different reasons: Fallon naturally would be quicker to side with the candidate who's being supported by Blake; Adam is trying to have a baby with Dana, so therefore this incident would hit a little too close to home for him; and Amanda figures she can just be angry at Alexis for only a little while before eventually making up with her, given what's gone on between the two of them over the past few years (when your mother forgives you for sleeping with her husband, there's not much reason to not forgive her for something bad she's done herself).

Alexis, of course, is heartbroken and outraged, and blames it all on Krystle and Blake, declaring she won't rest till Sean Rowan becomes the next governor of Colorado.

Also, does anybody remember Snarky's old rewrite of season 8, where a third candidate is an ex-fiancee of Blake's, the one whom he left for Alexis back in the '60s? And how that same candidate, who is dying of some sort of disease (cancer or a brain tumor, can't remember which), decides to take Alexis down with her as a form of revenge, by hiring a hit-man to shoot both her and Alexis at a public speaking?

I think that could be used for this new rewrite: Blake's ex-fiancee has Sean be detained somewhere so he can't come to present his speech, so Alexis decides to give it for him, putting her right in the spotlight for the assassin. Right as Alexis steps up to the podium, the fiancee smirks triumphantly, almost gleefully. Two shots are fired, and both Alexis and the fiancee fall, and a huge commotion rings out.

After all is said and done, the fiancee has been killed successfully, but Alexis miraculously was only grazed and fainted due to the shock...

...and the prime suspect in who hired the assassin becomes none other than Krystle Carrington herself!

• Like Like x 1