Should NuDynasty become an interactive soap?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Willie O! Tannenbaum, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,864
    Fallon said to Cristal "save your cheesy inspirational quotes for instagram - and don't tag me".

But what if the Dynasty characters had real social media accounts?
    You could follow them, send them messages and talk about what's going on in their Dynasty lives.
    Of course it wouldn't be the actors who'd be doing the interactive stuff, maybe they could be computer-generated personalities (using the voices of the actors), sort of a virtual reality.

Is there a character you'd like to chat with?
    upload_2018-11-16_20-30-4.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Chat? How about snap-chat with Liam? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Did they do this with TNT Dallas? I have this vague recollection about the characters and facebook. Apart from my interactions with Soapchat I have no other social media interests. Still, I do like the idea of viewers truly interacting with fictional characters and have often wondered why producers have not considered the idea. I can only think cost.

I find it puzzling how Soaps in general are not really reflecting how the world works. For example prior to mobile/smartphones people would actually engage with one another through conversation. Now I find myself reading a newspaper during my breaks at work as most have their earbuds on watching the most mundane things on youtube or checking their facebook, instagram and twitter feeds. Heads down, two inches away from their devices...anything to avoid actual eye contact or engage with fellow workmates. Yet Soaps in general still have this attitude people are still speaking with one another...not in my world.

Could it be this is why Soaps are failing? I'd imagine someone like Fallon to be gracing the halls of the Carrington mansion constantly on her smartphone, checking in with the Board Members of Carrington Atlantic, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. How does she find the time to ridicule her trailer trash mother?

Perhaps it's something the producers should be looking at, fully engaging the viewers with characters they have imagined. It would add some buzz. But would we accept it knowing we're not actually speaking with the actor portraying the character?

I'd like to communicate with Bo...the dog :)

4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    IIRC, they tried to fill in the blanks what happened between 1991-2012 with Facebook and maybe some other social media. It wasn't interactive as I recall and they barely updated the accounts after the initial launch.