Should Paige and Anne put on a Daughter / Mother act?

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by tommie, May 23, 2018.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Karen disapproves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fallon Carrington loves incest so she approves before fainting

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,997
    Look, Anne was obviously at this point in season 13 based upon Liz Renay, most famous for being involved with the Mafia, running nude on football matches, "acting" in John Waters "Desperate Living", being a z-list celebrity, being an all around fabulous human being and also - touring the US with a stripper act in her 50s featuring her own daughter (who later committed suicide).

Should Knots have emulated this on the show?

2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,472
    Karen and Diana did "Put On a Happy Face" so I suppose Anne and Paige could have done "Let Me Entertain You".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Steven Wayne

Steven Wayne Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I was under the impression that Anne and Paige actually WERE putting on a mother/daughter act - all the time!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,984
    Certainly in the beginning. The introduction of the Mathesons was a very complicated construction, even by Dallas & Dynasty standards, so I was surprised that it wasn't as awful as it could have been.
    I found the Anne-Mack storyline more interesting than the mother-daughter relationship which, in retrospect, reminds me very much of NuFallon & NuAlexis.
    But it got better when Paige matured while Anne never stopped being the rich folk's spoilt daughter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    I think what made it work as well as it did was how they introduced and used Anne. She was brought in to stir up trouble, fail in her plans, and leave. She could very easily never have been seen again, but they brought her back (in part to help fill the void left by Donna Mills's departure) and had her buzzing around the periphery rather than dominating the scene the way Mills had. Her scams/capers rarely impacted characters outside of her orbit.

The more interesting aspect of Anne's return (if you'd been around during her first visit) was how Paige had matured, gotten responsible and even grown a bit of a heart during her mother's absence, while Anne was...well, pretty much the same as she'd been when we first met her. So why did I like Anne so much more?

• Agree Agree x 1