1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coronation Street Should the interior of the cafe set "Roy's Rolls" be updated?

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by soapfan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. soapfan

soapfan Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I mean The Rovers Return was the same for about 25 years and then subsequent interior redecorations around the mid 1980s.

Anyway, Roy's Rolls has been going since 1998 or 1999, and had the same interior for over 20 years.

I mean EastEnders updated its Bridge Street cafe during 1993 and 2009, and even so, it was also the same cafe from the beginning, whereas Coronation street had its "Jim's Cafe".

Should the interior of the cafe set "Roy's Rolls" be updated also?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,308
    No I think that's just Roy...

3. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +750
    Personally, I think they should go back to using the old "Jim's cafe" set on Rosamund street.

4. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +489
    No, it is very Roy and should remain the same.

5. soapfan

soapfan Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well true, one of the traits of Autism/Asperger's is the resistance to change, so therefore it would be within consistency of the Roy Cropper character.

I think the character should be given a new direction though WITHOUT the "Roy's Rolls" cafe, with him going back similar to how he was around 1995 or 1996 before the Jim's Cafe/Roy's Rolls. The character is struggling managing the cafe without Hayley, it doesn't seem the same, and also, it would give actor David Neilson some new good, better storylines and scenes as Roy Cropper.

Gina Seddon should be brought back under actress Connie Hyde, where the character Gina would stir things up and the character similar in some ways to the way the Cathy character was portrayed by actress Connie Hyde, and Gina sabotaging the Roy's Rolls business as an employee which results in Roy having to close the business and selling out to the old employee team that form some sort of consortium-like quartet team whereby they launch a newly recreated "Jim's Cafe" on Rosamund Street within the new modern set, taking inspiration from old traditional Jim's Cafe BEFORE Roy Cropper and keeping it similar.

The employees quartet team would consist of:-

Lorraine Tindall (June Page)
    Sandra Webb (Shelagh Stephenson)
    Doreen Braithwaite (Barbara Marten)
    Debbie Webster (Sue Devaney)