So Cynthia Cidre was correct all along...my apoligies.

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Rove, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,427
    I recently read an online article about Cloyce Box, owner of Box Ranch and the first location used for Southfork. He once held the annual Cattle Baron's Ball at this property. This would explain how it managed to sneak into Cynthia's version of Dallas rather than the Oil Baron's Ball we all grew up with. Cynthia proved me wrong. She managed to insert a factual event into her fictional version.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    They do a cattle barons ball now in Dallas every year. It's not a bit of reality that was, it's not using the actual fictional story. If she wanted a cattle barons ball she should of first did an oil barons ball. I'm sure the Ewings attend many charity events.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,449
    It's okay, Rove. Cidre was wrong so much that it became too difficult to actually detect when something from her might actually be true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Cynthia Cidre wouldn't know a good storyline unless it was tattooed on her ass, where she keeps her brains. :crazyme:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,765
    It was discussed here that The Cattle Baron's Ball was a real thing, and a well-known event.

Now, if we could've just convinced Cidre that Miss Ellie wasn't married to Carter McKay for 15 years....

6. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    You'll be lucky!

She's as thick as a bowl of porridge! o_O

7. BD Calhoun

BD Calhoun Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    The Cattle Barons Ball may be a real event in Dallas, but Cidre also thought it was the event that the Ewings attended on the show. It wasn't until Patrick Duffy asked her why she changed it to the Cattle Barons Ball that she realized her mistake. She also gave an interview where she said she liked to incorporate real events and places into the show. I know some people see it as a minor issue, but I didn't like that she ignored much of the show's fictional reality. That's why Braddock was gone, Exxon took the place of West Star, and The Petroleum Club took the place of the Oil Barons Club. The show wasn't meant to be a documentary, so I don't know why she was so insistent on using real places over fictional ones.

Then again, Cidre didn't mind altering back stories either. She talked a good game about preserving the history of the show, but it was total bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Did the New Dallas have Miss Ellie married to McKay? I do not remember that. I could actually see that if Clayton did die or a divorce happened. Imagine the dinners with Mac and J.R. lol. Mac would go, "Don't give me that crap!" And then would flip the dining room table over before karate chopping it in half.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +596
    TNT totally ignored Clayton who had been on the show far longer than many others. CC should never have been let near the show & to be fair Larry, Patrick & Linda should have put many of the things she got wrong right, it's as if it was a payday opportunity rather than a respectful continuation for them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Miss Ellie was married to Jock Ewing during her original incarnation before regenerating into another little old lady who had a penchant for gaudy dresses.

She got fed up with her second incarnation & regenerated again into a body identical to her original incarnation! When Wes Parmalee went to the house that fateful day that he left Dallas, Miss Ellie tossed him out the front door over her shoulder & past the rose bushes! Parmalee admitted that he wasn't Jason Ewing & he wasn't Jock Ewing either. When he admitted that his name was Blake Carrington & he took the face mask off revealing John Forsythe underneath that's when Miss Ellie grabbed him & threw him out the door!

So now the secret of Wes Parmalee is finally revealed, he was really Blake Carrington all along! :D

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I think all these ideas above are false. And all are true, too. In fact, the original "Dallas" starred Donna Reed and Steve Forrest as the Ewing patriarchs, Robert Foxworth as J.R., Mary Frann as Sue Ellen, Lisa Hartman as Lucy, Steve Kanaly as Bobby, Ken Kercheval as Ray, and, of course, Victoria Principal as Pam. This alternate reality version was titled "Dallas Landing" and was produced and written by David Jacobs all the way. Have you ever heard about quantum physics? Parallel universes? Ask David Lynch about it...And why VP was Pam in both versions? Because she got "star quality" and besides, she had time for dreaming that other "alternate season" we all love/hate...and for the "Family Guy" universe too.

[​IMG]

Here´s VP jumping between universes...​

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Wrong, Linda Evans was Pam.
    That's why they originally called it "The Untitled Linda Evans Project!" :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,427
    I say the more Charity Events the Ewing family attend the better. Just another opportunity for poor Cliff Barnes to wear another cake...in the face.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Ah yes the Cake Baron's ball!

I remember it well, even if it did happen during the infamous dream season. ;) :)

cliffcake.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1