Soap or Nope

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Mel O'Drama, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,867
    Medals:
    This popped up in my YouTube suggestions. With some cameos from UK soap actors.

I thought it would be a bit of lighthearted fun and so wasn't quite prepared for moist eyes and the inability to swallow...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,086
    That's just wonderful, kinda like a magic soap moment with a long lost relative and only us viewers were in on the secret because the spoiler was in the tabloids a few weeks ago.

3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,968
    Medals:
    Why did they have to cut to her husband crying? Are they deliberately trying to make me cry.

4. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,088
    Medals:
    I'm intrigued, but I have a deep-seated aversion to Michael McIntyre. How McIntyre heavy is the video?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,867
    Medals:
    And in turn this has intrigued me.

Where does Michael score on the Peggy scale?

Even better, if you know what it is about him that repels, do tell. I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff.

Probably heavy enough that even Enders' Barry Evans and Tiffany Butcher still may not be enough to counteract it for you.

6. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,448
    Medals:
    Ditto, he is one I avoid at all costs and don't watch anything MM related, just don't find him very funny at all - I only knew one actor and that's cos he was in Extras

7. James from London

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,088
    Medals:
    The Peggy scale??

Oh, it's more personal experience than anything. Back in my stand-up days, I gigged with him two or three times. Even though he was pretty much starting out, he already had a very unappealing arrogance about him. And his act didn't really do it for me. Since then, I've been largely successful in avoiding him whenever he's come on telly. I don't tend to watch things he's in anyway, so it's not really been a problem. But just the sound of his smug, whiny voice is enough to make me change stations on the radio. I think he's the only castaway I've actively avoided listening to on Desert Island Discs. I've also heard stuff about him offstage, which I can't really remember very well -- just petty stuff really about how generally pleased with himself he is and also some murky stuff about how he goes about acquiring his material -- which hasn't exactly changed my general impression of him.

But let us not dwell on the negative! I also knew Jimmy Carr when he was first starting out and he was perfectly nice and normal. But as soon as he got some success, he went a bit weird. The story goes that he started pissing quite a lot of comedians off and then went undercover onto a comedy forum to ask what they thought of him. When he found out how disliked he was ("widely despised" is a phrase that comes to mind), it had quite an effect on him. Since he's become proper famous, I only hear the loveliest stories about him -- things like him visiting kids' hospices without telling anyone and paying for other people's weddings. It seems to be one of those rare examples of someone becoming nicer with fame. And it just goes to show that nobody is just one thing, not even M****** Mc****** (maybe).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,867
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

Peggy being a six. Which is very good considering her "restricted to the end credits" status.

Oh my. Now I don't want to watch or listen to anything in which he appears.

Though as it happens I too have been largely successful in avoiding him, though more through circumstance than choice.

Whew. Now I won't have to strike 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown from my viewing bucket list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. James from London

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,088
    Medals:
    Ha ha ha! Now I understand!

• Like Like x 1