Southfork Mansion Layout

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Herofan, Mar 24, 2019.

1. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I liked the den as well. The house did look good but as more people moved in, it would need to be enlarged.

2. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +839
    Medals:
    I agree. The down stairs could work. The owners should gut it as is and set up the dinning room, foyer and living rooms as sets. Maybe even the den off the back with the fire place and the exercise room out of the garage. Maybe even go up stairs for a wide hall and only JR and Miss Ellie’s bedroom’s. It doesn’t have to be a real house inside but a set up to feel like you’re on the set to take tours just to the rooms you want them to see. Then people wouldn’t be disappointed and it would be even more of a tourist attraction. Once a year they could have a rodeo with Josh Henderson showing up talking about running Ewing Industries with his brother and working the ranch that’s been in his family 5 generations.

3. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +839
    Medals:
    Could have added an out building as a large rec room, maybe a two story room with vaulted ceiling. And should have had more guest cottages. In my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laurie Marr

Laurie Marr Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Even as a kid I longed for a shot that would allow viewers to see the mysterious portal that led from the patio sliding doors to the hallway. We never did.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Herofan

Herofan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I just watched episode 2 during the season when Pam was in the hospital after the accident. Ellie entered the gym from a hallway.
    It wasn’t the upstairs hallway. It was narrower than the upstairs hallway. I still couldn’t identify the part of the house.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,982
    Medals:
    In the episode "The Red File, Part 1" during Season 2 (per DVD count) Ray is holding a blueprint of the real Southfork in relative close-up at the very start of his scene in Bobby's office.