1. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Spiral

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Sarah, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,801
    Medals:
    I've been feeling pretty 'meh' for a bit, wondering about all the what ifs and how so's and maybe's of my favourite couple. I had started to write this one before the forum crashed, but would like to start it again to see where it goes - it won't be a long one.

To put it in context, I found how the writers treated JR and Sue Ellen in the final few seasons to be abysmal - they deserved more and in my opinion, things should have gone in a different direction. With better writing, Linda might even have stayed.

As much as I love Sue Ellen, and I do, very much, I think everyone knows that, I didn't like how bitter she became in the final seasons. For me, the writers were completely missing a wonderful opportunity, by pairing her up with JR in business, instead of introducing that insipid Cryder woman and ruining their relationship beyond (at that time) repair. I don't expect JR to change, but I think he could have been mean to everyone else in business, but had Sue Ellen as his strongest ally. I will continue to state what Howard Lakin said 'Without Sue Ellen, JR was much less'. So why didn't the writers do anything about that?

Writing means imagination, and change, so Pam is in this story at least for part of it.

To this day, JR and Sue Ellen remain the strongest couple on the show, however you view them. Linda and Larry assured that, even with Dallas ending, and I am determined to keep these characters alive in people's minds and hearts.

Thank you to all my friends who listen to me and answer my queries concerning my beloved couple. This one's for you and is my take on what should have happened, but what didn't.....

SPIRAL

JR was pleased with himself as he pulled his car into the Southfork driveway that evening. Even though he'd had to spend the better part of the afternoon with Kimberley Cryder, fake sweet talking her into thinking he would marry her and pull her daddy's company back on top, he hadn't enjoyed the experience, counting down the minutes in his head until he could leave, all the time wishing Sue Ellen was there in her place.

He wanted to make sure he showered before dinner, washing away any traces of the annoying woman he referred to as a bubblehead, ensuring that Sue Ellen didn't smell any unknown scents on is suit. She had the senses of a cat.

He did feel guilty about the experience, and his plot to win WestStar. He knew that this time he had wanted to make a conscious effort to make things work with Sue Ellen. He loved her and desired only her. But the need to regain his power was too strong even surpassing how close he and Sue Ellen had been over the past few months. For weeks, he had managed to string Mrs Cryder along, confident that at any moment, she'd sign over her shares to him and he could forget about her entirely. He was sure Sue Ellen didn't suspect a thing.

The family hadn't yet started to gather for pre-dinner drinks so he was relieved he had time to shower. Upon reaching their room, he realised that Sue Ellen hadn't arrived home yet. Quickly disregarding his suit which smelled of Kimberley's cheap perfume, he placed it under some of Sue Ellen's clothes which were already in the hamper. His deceit had left a lump in his throat but he was sure the overall prize would be worth it and that he and Sue Ellen could resume their married life as he wanted. The thought of marrying Kimberley Cryder or having her live at Southfork made his skin crawl.

He sighed deeply as the hot water cascaded over him as he showered. Washing away all traces of her, he felt clean again, the evidence of what had taken place that afternoon fading down the drain where it belonged. He was glad to be home. Glad that he had the opportunity to see Sue Ellen and spend time with her and John Ross that evening. They were his family.

Changing into a different suit for dinner, he gently slapped some cologne on the sides of his face, checked his appearance and left the room. He couldn't hear the usual hustle and bustle from downstairs in the living room, and knocked on John Ross' bedroom door. He wasn't there.

Crossing the room to Christopher's bedroom, he tried there. No answer. He checked his watch. It was only 6:30pm and the family always ate promptly at 7.

"Where is everybody?" he said to himself.

He descended the Southfork staircase, expecting to find the family in the living room. He felt only slightly more relieved by seeing Bobby standing at the bar.

"Pour one for me, Bob!" he announced, walking up behind his younger brother.

"Get it yourself JR", Bobby said harshly, not meeting JR's eyes but turning on his heels to walk away.

Regardless of any time passing, JR had always remained the big brother and raised his eyebrows in a somewhat patronising glance at his younger brother.

"What the hell has bitten you today?" JR said, in mock amusement, walking past Bobby and heading to pour his own drink. Placing ice in his glass, JR's cocked his head only briefly to say, "And where is everybody?"

Bobby laughed sarcastically.

"Bobby I'm not in the mood for playin' games...it's been a long day..."

"Yeah I'm sure it has while you were out of the office for most of it..."

"I had business to take care of.." JR said defensively.

"I see", Bobby said, taking a sip of his drink. When Bobby didn't speak, JR persisted again, "So where is everybody?"

"Well, Pam is in the bath, Momma is lying down and John Ross and Christopher are out at the stables with Clayton".

"The stables? It's almost dinner time. Where is Sue Ellen?"

"Sue Ellen has left"

JR looked at his brother quizzically, then gave a short laugh, turning to fill his drink, "What are you talkin' about Bob?"

Bobby couldn't contain his anger any longer and took one long stride towards his brother. "I mean she's left. She's gone."

"Gone where?"

"She's left Southfork JR. I found her in Thanksgiving Square this afternoon, crying. She saw you in the Fairmont this afternoon with another woman".

"She couldn't have", JR said, although Bobby knew by the look on JR's face that he was lying.

"Like the last time...?" Bobby said in disgust.

"Where is she Bobby?"

Bobby took a sip of his drink, stared at JR and said, "I honestly don't know. I drove her back here this afternoon because she was too upset to drive herself, she spoke to John Ross, Momma and Clayton, packed a bag and left".

The colour started to fade from JR's face as he sipped his Bourbon. "Her car isn't there..."

"It's likely in town. Like I said, I drove her home".

JR tried to remain calm while setting his drink on the counter. Taking a step towards Bobby, he said with menace in his voice "Tell me where she is boy".

Bobby hadn't been referred to as 'boy' since they were teenagers. He wasn't and never had been afraid of his brother but despised the majority of his behaviour. "Go to hell JR", Bobby spat and turned to walk away.

"Where is Sue Ellen? She's my wife Bobby!"

"Well maybe not after this afternoon", Bobby said as they squared up to each other. "And there's no use talking your way out of this one", Bobby said. "Sue Ellen told me everything. And Sue Ellen and I have told the family everything and that includes John Ross".

"You stay the hell out of my business Bobby!" JR wasn't one to usually lose his temper but he could when he was provoked.

"It's everyone's business now JR", Bobby said, slamming his drink on the table and leaving the room.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +701
    Oh... they even told John Ross :eek: J.R. is in trouble. Fab start, I'll look forward to your next update.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Excellent Sarah!

I agree with everything you said about the writers, too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,801
    Medals:
    After Bobby left the room, JR went immediately to his cell phone and hit the 'S', bringing up Sue Ellen's name and number straight away. It rang and rang. No answer. The first voicemail he left was gentle, but he started to get more and more frustrated with each lack of response and more and more worried that she'd come to some harm.

"Sue Ellen, can you please call me back and let me know you're alright? This isn't funny anymore....I need to know you're alright Darlin'..."

He hung up and was pacing the living room, just as Clayton walked in with the boys. John Ross glared at his father.

"John Ross come here I wanna talk to you", JR called to the boy.

"JR.." Clayton started.

"Clayton I would like a moment with my son", JR said, leaving the older man in no doubt to JR's mood.

"That's your right.." Clayton said. "C'mon Christopher, let's go upstairs..."

JR waited until Clayton and Christopher were out of sight. John Ross didn't move from where he stood at the entrance to the living room.

"John Ross come here", JR ordered, trying not to sound as angry as he felt.

John Ross walked slowly to his father, his head down, his sadness and disappointment palpable.

"Sit down boy", JR said and guided John Ross to the sofa.

When John Ross didn't speak, JR said, "John Ross look at me". John Ross looked up, his blue eyes red from crying. Seeing the heartbreak in his son's eyes nearly broke him in half.

It was clear John Ross wasn't going to speak so JR said, "What did Uncle Bobby tell you?"

John Ross shrugged. "Nothin'....but Mamma told me everything".

JR could feel embarrassment rising his cheeks. John Ross was 10 years old, there were things about adult relationships that he was pretty sure Sue Ellen wouldn't talk to him about.

"What did she tell you...exactly?" JR asked.

"She told me that you've met another woman and that you don't want to be with her anymore".

JR sighed. Although he was somewhat relieved that Sue Ellen had spared John Ross the details of what she'd seen that day, he couldn't deny that he was shocked that she had been so open with the boy.

"That isn't true John Ross..." JR said.

"You're a LIAR!" John Ross shouted, jumping to his feet. "Now Momma's left and it's all your fault!"

"John Ross!" JR shouted as the boy ran out of the room, just in time to meet Miss Ellie, Clayton and Christopher as they reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Clayton take the boys and wait for me in the car", Miss Ellie said firmly, her eyes never once leaving JR's face.

JR started to walk towards his mother, not understanding why she was taking his son away.

"Mamma, what..."

"JR" Miss Ellie said, silencing him. Ever since he was a child, he had known that when Miss Ellie spoke in a certain tone of voice, it was best to be quiet and listen.

JR sensed what was coming and awaited it. Miss Ellie made sure that John Ross and Christopher were gone before she said,

"I'm totally and utterly appalled by your treatment of Sue Ellen today. Your actions are continuing to tear this family apart in one way or another...."

JR bowed his head and looked at the floor before raising his gaze back to his mother.

"Things were bad enough with Calhoun. Sue Ellen stood by you through it all. She was the only one who did. She loved you JR and this is how you repay her?"

"Mamma...I..."

"I'm not finished!" Miss Ellie said, raising her voice.

"Yes m'am", JR said.

"This is the first time that Sue Ellen has revealed exactly what you've done and I'm disgusted JR. This is not what I raised you to be. Sue Ellen deserves better than this and I actually hope that this time, she has left you for good!"

JR sighed deeply. "Mamma....where is she?"

"I don't know", Miss Ellie said. "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you".

"Well, how do you expect me to sort this out Mamma if I can't talk to her?"

"I don't care what you do JR. Just leave Sue Ellen alone. I mean that".

"Well can I ask where you are taking my son?"

"Clayton and I are taking the boys away for a few days to the Gulf"

"So you're punishing me?" JR said, sounding to Miss Ellie like the little boy she had gave birth to and raised but by her own admission, had let go too soon.

"No JR. But I am so tired of the misery you inflict on this family. Sue Ellen is loved, very much, by all of us. It has been one thing after another with you for many years now. This is the last straw".

With that Miss Ellie walked out. This was shortly followed by both Pam and Bobby and their overnight bags.

Except for a disgusted stare in his direction, Pam completely blanked JR as she walked outside. "Bobby?" JR said as Bobby went to do the same thing.

"Please tell me where she is..."

"Not this time brother..." Bobby said as he closed JR down, and followed Pam to the car.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Wondeful. Where is she? With Nicholas? ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +816
    JR never learned he should communicate with Sue Ellen before things became complicated, not after.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Ooh JR's in trouble. Go mama. It's cool to see the family showing support and solidarity to our girl. I hope they keep it up. Can't wait to see where you take this.