1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Spoiler!!! Huge Season 2 Spoiler!!! Read At Own Risk!!!

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Brian Carrington Colby, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,765
  4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Awww... :( ...then again, from how things look, there's still the chance they'll go the whole "coma" route... maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,496
    Or maybe this might be the new show's Al/Jack moment.

I'm hoping this was a misquote*, but I guess we will find out soon enough, because shows have to keep a tight lid on such plot spoilers. They will need to issue a statement one way or the other, or more probably make her do it.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brian Carrington Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Daniel Avery I am hoping you are right. Semantics possibly?? I did rewarch the video a few times with that in mind hoping to get a hint, but not so sure. But, like you said, something official needs to be released, now that the info is (possibly) out. I am surprised the actor would reveal ths important info in this somewhat cavalier manner. Again, maybe this is just misdirection to help generate interest? Who knows at this time.....

7. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,160
    Sorry guys, I think this might be all my fault.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

It was just a joke. Obviously the writers who read this forum have no sense of humour. On the plus side is seems that @Alexis is not the only one around here with some influence at the CW.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,682
    I mean... It just doesn't make sense without Cristal. I had sort of grown to like her too. Maybe that was just misdirection on the actress' part. Hopefully it was. I wouldn't mind her in a coma for part of the season. Then we could have Alexis get up to all kinds of nastiness while beauty lies sleeping. But she's got to come back I mean it's only season 2.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    If Cristal is indeed comatose, then that could very well be a reference to Krystle's own coma as well! ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,682
    As a side note does anyone know if any casting calls have went out for season 2 yet? If they go back to film in July they must be casting a few roles soon?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Yes, you're right. Cristal knows too much that could send Alexis packing to the next country (faking Adam's return, which would earn her the wrath of Blake, Fallon and even Steven - no pun intended on the "even Steven" part, btw). It makes sense for her to be out for a while for Alexis to cover her tracks properly.

And not only that, but Cristal being out of the way makes room for Kirby to come in and establish herself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,762
    Cristal being gone for season 2 (at least the first few episodes) does not mean she won't be back in season 3, or even later in season 2. In fact, imagine her opening her eyes just as Alexis is rehearsing her gown for wedding #2 with Blake. I mean, I actually like the gimmick, but after the Jon Snow debacle I don't give much credence to actor statements.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    "You know nothing, Jon Snow." :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,496
    I can recall several cases where shows have had their budgets cut so deeply that they have to limit the number of appearances of their actors. The show would intentionally "write around" certain characters in a way that allows the characters to remain on canvas, but not have them appear in (and thus get paid for) every single episode. This was pretty much how Knots Landing did their fourteenth season, by having everyone (except Michele Lee) agree to appear in fewer episodes. It's a reach (there is nothing out there saying that nuDynasty's second season budget got cut), but having Cristal sit out four or five episodes at the start of the season would free her up to stay onscreen the rest of the season. They could ration out the absences of the others just by having their story not feature that week (except maybe Fallon, since she's such a linch-pin character).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    If NuDynasty wanted to go that way with having some of the actors not appear in certain episodes, they could justify it with having their characters jetting off somewhere or going on business trips. I'm still wondering if they'll have Blake go on that tour of 3rd-world countries, that would justify having Grant Show not appear for a couple episodes, if they're looking to save a few dollars. And having Alexis not appear for a couple episodes as well could have the same affect as it did as the original Season 9 did: make Alexis scarier in that you don't know what all she's up to... thus she can reappear with a grand reveal of her next scheme. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I'm thinking the same from the moment I watched the E! Interview: Jon Snow's death that summer... Kit Harrington swearing he was DEAD and will not return for filming! And then two episodes of the new season and... OH! He was alive!!! If you hear closely Nathalie's words she only says he won't be filming in Atlanta in July and she has no part to read. If we go to the comatose Cristal recovering the burning/shot wounds in a hospital, she doesn't need to go on location to Atlanta (just a hospital room set) or a text to read. This interview is not fake news but probably half-truth news! Hype, hype hype, they need fans talking about it!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Coma is better than death but I still think it's a very bad decision...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,765
    NuDYNASTY isn't likely to run long, obviously. So speeding up Cristol's coma almost makes some sense. I wonder if we can combine it with Roseanne Conner's absence...

But Cristol's already been shot. She can't go to Bora Bora for business if she's been shot!

19. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is confirmation of nothing. In fact, if anything, this screams Kimberly Shaw.

20. Brian Carrington Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94