Spoiler!!! Huge Season 2 Spoiler!!! Read At Own Risk!!!

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Brian Carrington Colby, Jun 21, 2018.

1. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    My God... this Kirby looks terrible! She has such an odd-looking and weird face. I think it's the nose. Also apparently Fallon is going to get totally blamed for Kirby being exiled from the Carrington mansion in the first place, thereby making Fallon "the bad guy" and Kirby is somehow "the poor put upon victim". At least the writers seem to be trying to be a bit more original by having Kirby wanting to reconcile with her dad instead of hating him from the get go and also having her somehow identify with the hired help. Sounds starkly different than the psychotic sociopathic brat that Steven and Fallon seemed to portray her as.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Wow, the new 'Cristal' is known for playing to good girl in a lot of telenovelas so it looks as if the show realized they needed a heroine for viewers to root for since both Fallon/Alexis are nowhere close to that. We shall see what season 2 brings.

3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    I like the actress they chose for Kirby, she looks pretty much as i imagined her from her lines in the season finale. Like a looooooot of trouble! :dance: :D

I already wonder who her mother is ... :think:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Kirby looks creepy. And she's a regular?? How many regulars are we going to get in season 2? Because it's getting too crowded.

5. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Yeah, definitely looks like Dynasty is tackling a lot of stories this season - the whole "romance" with Liam/Fallon, (I'm still not buying their romance completely because it's still based on lies and deceptions), and the introduction of the Van Kirks along with a possible sexual harassment/maybe affair story w/Liam's uncle, the emergence of the "real" Cristal, Cristal Carrington/Celia Machado dying for good of her gunshot wounds and possible smoke inhalation, (I'm still going to stand by Celia being gone forever unless I am shown evidence that indicates or proves otherwise especially because NuCristal is more than likely here to stay), Kirby showing up to get revenge for possibly something Fallon did to get her kicked out of the mansion, and not to mention Steven and Melissa having a baby and that eventually having negative consequences to his marriage to Sammy Jo. I mean, it's way too much and it seems like the writers are just throwing out random stories and waiting to see which ones stick.

Also, as much as I'm afraid that NuCristal might end up being a slight retread of OldCristal, I'm even more nervous that the writers might go to the other extreme and make NuCristal way too perfect, nice and holy with absolutely no character flaws and she ends up being put on a pedestal where she ends up judging all of the Carringtons for their various sins. If this is how she might end up turning out, then I'd prefer the OldCristal back then. At least she was a lot more human.

6. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    What obviously is cooking really doesn't stimulate my appetite...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    There is at least one perfectly happy person on this set. You know who!
    nicollette.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Funny how SpoilerTV, who’s been shoving out snippets of Dynasty S2 spoilers, has to get this news from Entertainment Weekly. Are they related?

From the child who terrorized the Carringtons and seemed like a contemporary of the Carrington kids to the not-yet-a-woman who appears a decade younger than Steven and Fallon and favours them folk downstairs, PeachKirby looks like she’s here to make goo-goo eyes at Michael. Just because this show revolves around Fallon.

Did you notice too that Joseph’s been playing a demoted character? The major-domo who hates being called a butler had been the Carrington estate manager when Kirby was a child – per Entertainment Weekly, quoting Kirby’s “official description”.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  9. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    As for the writers trying to be a bit more original….

Original Kirby went from being a downstairs kid to an upstairs kid through marriage. In seeking more originality, I hope PeachDynasty doesn’t get Kirby there by being the bastard offspring of Mrs Tom Carrington instead. I’d be happy with PeachKirby not getting upstairs through either route, especially not via the bastard offspring route. I want her journey there to be how she conducts herself (kinda like Michael); to get over her resentment that Daddy seemed to care more for the Carrington family than his own. (Or, whatever it was that ailed her mind about Daddy.)

I certainly don’t want Joseph getting any bastard offspring shocks of his own now…. because of the fanfic in my mind, about how once, when Blake was born, Joseph thought he was his son by Mrs Tom Carrington, and though he quickly learnt he wasn’t, he’d always thought of Blake as his own…. and Joseph had an agreement with Mrs Tom C before she left her unhappy marriage – this is PeachDynasty after all, where anything is possible & many things get turned on their head – that he would keep a close eye on the boy and keep her informed. Joseph was like a father-figure to Blake, a relationship both Blake (who doesn’t know of Joseph’s involvement with his mother) & Joseph have fostered: which explains why, when J slapped B in S1, Blake accepted it without a word.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,102
    I like that there will be more characters on the show. Now that we know the main characters, they can finally add some extra. I felt they had too few main characters on s.1. Way too many recurring short-term characters though, with Kori, Ted, Iris, Alejandro etc. Why bother with them?

I like the choice for new Kirby. The original Kirby looked quite young, innocent and somewhat fragile. So does the new one. Just imagine Adam sinking his teeth into her. He can potentially ruin her!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,841
    I agree. Who gives a ruck about Kori?

12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    I hope not. I hope they keep with how Season 1 has built her up, so SHE can ruin HIM! Mwahahahahahahahaa!

13. Emeleez Navidad

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,102
    Well... no one would see it coming. It's like the Disney version of Little Red Riding Hood where the wolf doesn't win. They just had to go ruin the story with a happily ever after.

14. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    You do remember that Season 1 built up Kirby as a psychopath, right? That she cut off the heads of Fallon's barbies and threw them into the fire during Christmas? And that she stole from Blake, "terrorized" Alexis, and smothered lizards before hiding them under Fallon's pillow along with a note that said, "You're next"?

My point is, *everyone* would see NuKirby ruining NuAdam coming. It wouldn't be Little Red Riding Hood, it'd be... well, I can't think of any fairy tale where the beautiful girl destroys some guys' life... but still. :lol:

Also, don't blame Disney for giving Red Riding Hood a happy ending. True, the first published version by Charles Perrault ended after the wolf ate them both, but it was later French and German versions, along with the Brothers Grimm who added on the woodcutter/hunter coming to the rescue. And that was long before Disney.

15. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    The writers might have established NuKirby as a psychopath in the season finale, but there's always a chance they could retcon that at the last minute in the new season and probably portray her as an innocent victim who's being terrorized by big, bad Fallon. It wouldn't be surprising considering how many things they are changing up for Season 2.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  16. Emeleez Navidad

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,102
    Or Kirby will have the same creepy disturbed feel to her as Amma on HBO's Sharp Objects?

17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    I *hope* not! What a let down that'd be...

18. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I feel like the buzz around NuAlexis' character and her arrival died down pretty quickly. Don't you think?

19. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Yeah, but there isn't that much buzz around the whole nuDynasty anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,841