Spoiler!!! Huge Season 2 Spoiler!!! Read At Own Risk!!!

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Brian Carrington Colby, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +171
    It's not that surprising as it was obvious when Nicolette arrived that Natalie's character was being sidelined. They made Cristal slutty and unlikeable and as the original Dynasty showed you need empathy for your core characters like Krystle and Steven for the audience to keep coming back.

As the CW boss said, the drama is now watching the Alexis-Fallon relationship play out.

I wonder who will be the love interest for Blake now? Lady Ashley?! Or maybe Mrs. Van Kirk.

2. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Only if Sable shows up! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,580
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    [​IMG]

4. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
  5. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +74
  6. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,615
  7. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +388
    It's odd how Nathalie worded this, in both the interview and the Instagram post she refers to "season two" - not "Dynasty", not "the show" but "season two". Hmmm...

8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    There is a lot to be said about interpreting body language. As Nathalie speaks about not reading anything for Season 2 or filming in Atlanta there is a little twinkle in her eye...as if to say I know something but I'm not about to tell you.

If it's the case Nathalie is not returning at all I'd imagine those behind the scenes wouldn't be so thrilled to hear she has just blurted those details to the world. Such a shame really. I recently watched Dynasty 2.0 and actually enjoyed Nathalie's performance as Cristal. On a side note she looks stunning in this chit chat video, more so than the series.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    That's going to become boring real fast.

I've always supported this theory. If the house of Carrington becomes a mosh pit of vipers then it gestates into a jumbled mess of people with far too much money and time on their hands. It's why I really enjoyed the first few seasons of original Dynasty. Krystle entered the house of Carrington showing warmth to a family that desperately needed it. Steven was suffering from an identity crisis while Fallon played the spoiled little rich kid to perfection.

I'm just not getting that empathy at all from new Dynasty. It races from one scene to another with far too much emphasis on Fallon and her witty put downs. Someone slap the girl already.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,615
    This is what has dulled my enjoyment of OWN's The Haves and the Have Nots. There are no rootable characters (other than Hanna I guess, and even she has lost some of her "moral center" sparkle). You have to have several genuinely good characters when you're writing several main plots simultaneously, because evil characters are much more enjoyable when viewed against their "good" counterparts.

Even if NK was told she was 'fired', she would still be under certain "restraints" of her original contract which forces actors to keep their mouth shut about BTS stuff and future plot developments (a non-disclosure agreement). If this isn't some kind of PR stunt, she could be in violation of the non-disclosure agreement that typically remains in effect for a set amount of time even after one leaves an employer. She'd really be shooting herself in the foot legally and perhaps financially, because the show might revoke whatever severance package they planned to give her. This is another reason I think this might be some kind of PR stunt meant to re-direct fans and (hopefully) generate some buzz. It already has inspired several online articles on TV sites.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I hope this is just an a coma or faked death storyline.

I feel like Nathalie is pulling some sort of stunt and she's be playing it for a while. How many times can someone tease and joke about her character being killed off without being on payroll? Most people would just move on or make one post, Nat's been at this game for a while now and for her to be doing a TV interview about it is also suspicious.

Also, Nat's comments about herself being in LA and not in Atlanta could apply to Cristal as well, couldn't it? The way she words things is just different from other actors who have exited shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,830
    I'm surprised they are allowed to publish this kind of information.

But we already knew this was a possibility, and we would be complaining if there weren't any consequences.
    Besides, with her knowledge (and willingness to come forward) about the Clarke County scandal, she had become a threat to C-A, and the dynasty.
    They simply had to shut her up.

So, apparently they have learned from O.Dynasty's mistakes.
    upload_2018-6-23_4-17-7.png
    Good! This allows for fresh storylines and new twists and turns.

Bring on the new Mrs. Carrington!

13. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,830
    Oops, sorry, I hadn't read all these comments on page 2.
    But there's a difference between a hint and a flat-out lie. This is beyond misleading information, and I don't like to be lied to as if I were a 5 y/o child.
    "Alexis" was buzz because it was very likely, if not inevitable, that she'd become part of the story.

If NK says that this is the end of Cristal then that's how it should be. And if not then at least she should have been vague about it.
    I'd have very little respect for an actress or show who would use this kind of cheap, juvenile trick. They can trick me on-screen as much as they want, but off-screen is a different matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Brian Carrington Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    An observation regarding Nathalie Kelley’s Instagram post: not one of her (former?) Dynasty co-stars have reacted to this post. Rafael De La Fluente has liked a very large number of posts Nathalie publishes on Instagram, along with Liz Gilles, James MacKay, and Rob C. Riley. All of them so far are silent regarding this one post about her leaving NuDynasty. Maybe nothing, maybe I am reading too much into it, but like I said, it’s just an interesting observation....

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Brian Carrington Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
  16. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I still remember how excited Jesse Metcalfe claimed to be about working with Victoria Principal... Though the season was wrapped up and therefore he couldn't have ignored the death of his " mother", we were fooled by the fake scoop... ( until VP ' s press release set the record straight ... ) This NK thing is fishy...

17. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,830
    It looks like there are two options: Cristal dies or goes into a coma.
    Coma storylines are boring. They stall the story, or at least a part of it e.g. how can Blake move on as long as she's still alive?
    Jane Wyman had the excuse that she couldn't appear in Falcon Crest's last season because of her medical condition, but to do it intentionally seems like a Very Bad Decision.

I'll have a word with netflix. This problem needs to be solved a.s.a.p.

18. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I can't imagine the old Blake being remarried while Krystle is in the coma. But I can definitely imagine the new Blake doing this. He does not seem to love Cristal as deeply as the old Blake loved Krystle.

19. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Is it possible Cristal isn't being killed off, but possibly recast?

20. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    If those behind the scenes, including Nathalie, are attempting to hoodwink their audience, all I can say is good luck with that. Like you Willie I don't like being taken for a fool. If the writers have a belief in their story-telling I'll go along for the ride but I don't like being treated like an idiot. A classic example of this was the dream resolution in Dallas.

In this case if Nathalie is telling a big fib off-screen then that is worse. It tells me both her and the people responsible for Dynasty 2.0 have no faith in their product and are desperate to get viewers to tune in - at any cost. Remember the "Which Ewing Will Die?" scenario? And that's what we've been left with after faithfully investing 40 years of our lives.

• Winner Winner x 1