1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Spoiler!!! Huge Season 2 Spoiler!!! Read At Own Risk!!!

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Brian Carrington Colby, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,543
    I see quite a few "I'm gonna miss her" comments on this forum, but let's not forget that many of us really hated the character - at least for the first half of season 1.
    After a while she dropped the sass and smugness and she became somewhat likeable, but still not a very strong character imho
    Having said that, I thought NK's catfight with Nicolette was amazing, and the anger and emotions seemed genuine.
    I don't see why, unless he's also not the real Sammy Jo.
    All over again? That doesn't sound very interesting, to say the least.

I think this Two Cristals storyline is going to be either f**king brilliant or a complete disaster.

But the fire mystery is still my #1 priority - and they better not sweep it under the carpet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,666
    Perish the thought. Not only is he cute, but he and nuCristal seem to be getting cozy on the set.

[​IMG]

And, by the way, if James Mackay has really been let go, why does the cast keep posting pictures with him on the set (Alan Dale posted the one below as recently as August 1)? When is Steven getting a new face? Will he be in an oil rig explosion for the November sweeps? Or is that spoiler fake?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +160
    James McKay said in his summer hiatus interview that he was going back for Season 2 and he's clearly on the set. So he hasn't been let go (yet).

I feel sorry for Natalie. The writers just made her character sleazy and an unlikeable, they should have stuck to the roots of original Krystle and Dynasty who was the heart of Seasons 1 and 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,507
    Look at Culhane in the background! :lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Culhane hasn't been touched since the since finale. Of course he's thirsty!

Don't count on Nicollette to post a picture with the new girl. She's going to watch her like a hawk!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,160
    One thing we can count on for season 2 is more awful clothes:

Djt4AiLVAAU06Am.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +386
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,550
    Granted, I'm no fashion expert, but that doesn't look awful.

9. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,507
    I'm hoping for bigger shoulderpads! They must get bigger each season, you know? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +535
    *groan* Visually, it's been that for me that's cheapened the show: new money gone tacky stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Nathalie is not interested in Dynasty anymore. She's way too busy posting her naked pictures and videos all over the internet. Sometimes sunbathing on the beach, sometimes chillin' in the jacuzzi, sometimes naked in the woods. Every woman should ever be so lucky! :pray:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,023
    Great!!!! I never quite got into the Cristal character because the actress didn't convince me. Maybe this new one will be better? At least there's a chance for a do-over.

13. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    From what little I have seen, she was NOT the best choice for Cristal, not even close!

14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,682
    I had grown to like her as Cristal, and thought that it was just the writing for her that sucked. I could have seen her become than she was. Having a newer, younger Cristal now is just bizarre.

15. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,550
    She's not *that* much younger, the new actress. 31, only 2 years younger than Nathalie Kelley.

16. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Fallon became British and was taken up into a spaceship! It wouldn’t be Dynasty without one recast.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Trying to wrap my head around a new "real" Cristal so that it doesn't leave Sam out in the cold. Maybe new "real" Cristal will turn out to be old "Cristal's" (Celia's) secret twin sister that Celia knew of and was impersonating, didn't realize was her sister, but stole her identity, or was a close friend that allowed her to assume her identity because "real" Cristal needed to stay off the grid....haha. Then new "real" Cristal could still be Sam's aunt or eventually cultivate an "aunt" relationship with him while eventually developing a hate relationship with Alexis if she ever discovered that Alexis locking "Cristal" (Celia) in the room in the finale contributed to "Cristal" (Celia) getting cornered and shot, and subsequently trapped in the fire. Follow? :eyes::eck:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,550
    Maybe Sam can turn out hating "new" Cristal so he can pull all the stunts on her that Sammy Jo pulled on Krystle. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  19. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Either way this is a pile of horse shit. God, the original didn't start garbage like this until about Season 03ish!

20. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +94
    OMG I go out of town for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose!!!! LOL

So much drama hinted at behind the scenes! One thing is very clear, Nathalie Kelley was NOT a happy team player when she gave that interview at the end of June announcing her departure, with good reason it seems. And I chuckled at Mark Pedowitz's "surprise" at Nathalie giving away the spoiler of her character's possible demise. Buddy, you just fired her, and from the sounds of it, you are in part blaming her for problems with the show, considering you were talking of recasting her character as far back as mid-season!! Nathalie took control of a potentially bad situation for herself and her career as best she felt she could. I give Nathalie props for that.

Seriously tho, I am intrigued with this turn of events. I can only speak for myself, but for me Celia/Cristal just did not work. Weak execution of the character initially, a miscast actress, inconsistent writing and changes to the character as things went along, all added up to a miscalculation on the part of the producers and writers on what the character of Cristal should be to the show.

I am intrigued now because the show gets a chance to "reimagine" Cristal and hopefully they have learned from their mistakes from Season 1 and can give us a Cristal that can be the heroine, the moral compass of the show if you will, that the show desperately needs. In a way, it is a reversal of original Dynasty. Season 2 of Original Dynasty gave the show the villain it desperately needed, whereas NuDynasty is possibly getting the heroine it desperately needs in it's second season.

The introduction of Real Cristal to the Carringtons does open up many possible storylines and asks many questions, like where has Real Cristal been for the last few years while Celia was working her way up the corporate ladder at Carrington Atlantic using her name?? Is Real Cristal a Public Relations executive? What brings her into the Carrington's lives?? Is she friend or foe to the Carringtons?? Will Real Cristal and Blake start a relationship that turns into "The Love That Lives Forever??" Personally I think that could be fun to see Blake and Cristal actually date and romance each other, something both the original show and NuDynasty never showed us. What will Sam think of the real Cristal??? I can see it initially being a relationship full of animosity on Sam's part, very original Dynasty's Krystle/Sammy Jo in the early seasons. And ultimately, what will be the relationships be between Real Cristal and Alexis, and or course with Fallon.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts......

• Like Like x 2