Star: A Hollywood Saga

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Toni, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    Interesting start of your story Toni. You have me wondering how the family's dynamic is going to change and who the person who will mess things up will be. Could it be the new bride?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Thanks for your interest Karin! Well, actually I tried hard to create grey characters instead of black & white, but I can tell you that there is no Alexis arriving at some point to stir things up, and also the opposite: there may be some Alexis´s in disguise since the very beginning, and the plot will reveal who they are. Though to be honest, it will be easy to figure out who it will be. Actually all the family members have their own nemesis...I don´t want to give much away, though... :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    But I thought you said Joan Collins demanded more money to be in this?
    So "Alexis" must appear in this, although her name is not Alexis... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    Then Alexis would be a sort of "Phantom Menace"...Actually, I doubt that Ms. Taylor might have agreed to play Joan´s "slightly older" sister...:cool1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    "Family Portrait" continues...

SC 2: INT. MARIA STEVENSON CASTING AGENCY

(Establishing shot of Maria´s Casting Agency in Century City, Los Angeles. Zoom into one of the windows)

Maria: And don´t forget one thing when you go to an audition: The name of the game is rejection. You go to an audition and you're told you're too tall or your nose is not quite right. You're rejected for this or that and it's really tough. But you've got to think of it as an opportunity. An opportunity to learn. And it doesn´t matter if you get the part or not: In both cases you win something.
    Client (a 19-year-old girl looking somewhat scared): Wow...I never thought about that. Thank you so much for accepting me in your agency, I won´t disappoint you...
    Maria (smiling at her): Oh please, don´t thank me yet. You probably won´t get any audition until the actors´ strike is over. And then, you will be the first one to hear about me.
    Client: By the way, Mrs. Stevenson...Why every Hollywood actor wants to go on strike instead of playing some wonderful role...?
    Maria: It´s not easy to explain, but let´s say that they don´t get paid what they really deserve, and movie makers are earning more and more money with the new distribution channels...Let me give you an advice: Don´t buy Variety for the casting calls only, now you get us for that. Keep yourself informed about what happens in our business, in every field. Oh, and don´t call me Mrs. My name is Maria... (she smiles openly and her eyes shine oozing honesty)
    Client: Thank you again... (Maria gets up and shows the girl her way out, kindly opening the door and saying goodbye to her. Once the girl is out, Maria notices that someone has just brought a flowerpot with white and pink orchids, and her secretary gives the boy a tip.)

Maria (admiring the flowers): They are spectacular...I love orchids...Are they for you, Cheryl?
    Cheryl: Oh no. They are for you. And there is a little card right here (taking it and handing it to her boss, who opens it and reads it in front of her secretary).
    Maria (smiling while she reads the content of the card): Thank you, Cheryl. You can go to have lunch with the girls, I'll stay here for awhile. My brother Jonas is coming home today and I´ll leave as soon as you return. My parents will be holding a welcome party for him tomorrow at Sundown. Would you like to come?
    Cheryl: I´d love to, Maria. But I´m afraid I can´t. I´m visiting my mother this weekend, but thank you anyway. Maybe next time...
    Maria: Sure. Have a nice lunch! (She takes the flowerpot and walks into her office. The camera shows the photos of her family put over her desk: her parents Scott and Andrea together, her prodigal brother Jonas, and her two sisters, Angie and Lisa. She puts the flowerpot near one of the windows, and re-reads the note, whose content is visible for us now: "Thank you for such a wonderful month. Can´t wait to see you again. Call me. Signed, Stewart".)

To Be Continued

• Like Like x 2
  6. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    Casting Note: Cheryl is "played" by Jaclyn Smith.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,290
    Awesome @Toni you know how much I love your stories.❤️❤️

• Like Like x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965
    Well, Krystle also started as a secretary:)

Who's the mystery person who turns everything upside down?:dance:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    You can say the sin but not the sinner, as they say...He/She will be introduced in this very first season...

10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    Hmm...I wonder who it can be?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the dinner party tomorrow. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965
    Me too:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    So Toni, when can we have an update? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965
    I think we should call Cynthia Cidre.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    Soon, Karin, soon. Promised. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    You better not! Anyway, Lee Daniels already registered the "Star" title for that show about slutty singers...

:spinning::spinning::danc:

16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,965
    Why not? What could possibly go wrong?

17. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    "Family Portrait" continues...

SC 3: EXT. VENICE BEACH, L.A.

(Establishing shot of a long promenade and cut to a medium shot of two friends, Lisa and Irene, talking as they walk)

Irene: So that school didn´t meet your expectations, did it?
    Lisa (laughing): No not at all! The owner should´ve added to the outside sign that it was a "School of Performing Arts...for puppeteers" (Both friends laugh out loudly...) Besides, so far, I think that Miss Piggy has been handled fine...
    Irene: Oh yeah...Well, as you say, trying is always worthwhile...
    Lisa: Actually this belongs to my mum´s personal quote collection...She thinks that everything you do in life, is trying...When you choose a profession, a car, a boyfriend...You may not have him forever, but trying is worthwhile.
    Irene: I´m so happy I chose to become a classic dancer, and stay at the school with you until we graduate...
    Lisa: Me too, Irene. You´re the best friend a girl can have... (holding her arm as they walk) What am I gonna do when you leave to New York?
    Irene: Why don´t you come with me...?
    Lisa: No, not yet.
    Irene: Since the day I met you, you are talking about your dream of becoming a Broadway star...
    Lisa: I never said that...at least not the star part...I wanna be a serious actress...
    Irene: Do you mean that your mum wasn´t a serious actress for acting in movies? She even got an Oscar!
    Lisa: Oh you little devil, stop talking about my mum! (Her friend laughs again) My mother was a star, a big star, probably the last star that Hollywood created, but the difference is that she was not created by Hollywood: it was my father who discovered her, trained her and helped her to succeed...
    Irene (sighing): Not to mention that he also fell in love with her...
    Lisa: Let me finish, ok? What makes my mother´s performances brilliant even today, is that, as young as she was, she knew how to play the truth on screen. That´s what I want too, but I´m not like her...
    Irene: What do you mean, that you´re like the ugly duckling...? (Lisa gives her a killer look)
    Lisa: Not necessarily so...but I think that glamour belongs to the past. Look at Jane Fonda, Glenda Jackson, Meryl Streep...They don´t need to look glamorous to bring life to their roles...
    Irene: I think you might be in love with Merryl Streep, she´s your idol...Or maybe you are a lesbian and don´t know yet.
    Lisa: First, don´t say "Merryl", it´s a soft "r". Secondly, if I were a lesbian, I´d be proud of it...and I´d kick off anybody who dared to "change" me...
    Irene (noticing Lisa is beginning to get moody): Oh don´t worry honey. Let´s talk about the party. Tell me who will be there...
    Lisa: Well, my family, including Jonas and his wife...
    Irene: Is Angie going to be there?
    Lisa: You never know with my sister...She´s so unpredictable. I guess she might show up...And there´ll also be the "usual Malibu suspects": you know, my neighbors...Cher, Shirley MacLaine, Burgess Meredith...
    Irene: Will J.R. be there too?
    Lisa (smiling): Well, I´m afraid not. His wife told my mother they were going to England...
    Irene: Did she tell her who shot J.R?
    Lisa: No. But if she had, and I knew, I´d never tell you (Irene hits her with her purse jokingly)
    Irene: Oh Allison Stevenson, you are such a party pooper...
    Lisa: No I´m not. And don´t call me Allison (then she picks Irene´s hat and runs away, followed by her friend).

To Be Continued

18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    Great you updated. Cute girl chat between the women. It's innocent and sort of teenage girls talking, or maybe they are in their early 20s. I can't seem to remember how old they are. Anyway it said something about Lisa's dreams for the future and her life.

I think the things you said about how her mother plays the truth on screen applies very well to the woman who inspired her.

Also too funny with the Meryl Streep and JR references.

I wanna find out what happens at the party...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,105
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it! Remember both girls are about 17 (finishing U.S. high school). I also love what you said about the truth in Andrea´s acting and who inspired her, it won´t be the last time you´ll think that, I know for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  20. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Glad to see STAR is being continued as promised... It's been a looong wait to see (read) those dialogues and scenes, dear! And I'm not talking about the last time you wrote here, but the good'ol days in high school were I had the privilege to discover STAR as you were creating it ;) and I could read those brief synopses of the episode that you're fully developing now.

Love the funny references to "JR" and the one and only Meryl (with one R). Eager to read more!!!

• Like Like x 2