1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TNG Star Trek The Next Generation.

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Alexis, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I have spent a good part of today watching YouTube videos of Marina Sirtis at Star Trek Conventions! lol. She is so not at all like the character she played. She's very funny, opinionated and has a muddled London accent. When I say she's funny, she could do stand up! It's made me really appreciate her as an actress to know how different she is to the character she played.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I think I'll probably get season 1 finished tonight. I am weirdly loving this Star Trek revisit. I know I haven't posted much about the actual episodes but I am enjoying it. It's just honestly there isn't much to say. They aren't the best episodes but I know better is to come and I am enjoying properly seeing the early versions of these characters. Right I'm off to watch more. I plan on watching Voyager after I finish Next Gen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    Andrew Laird left Denver for a new life in Space...
    [​IMG]
    And found himself in the middle of a face off with Star Fleet and the Romulans.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    And now Luke Fuller has shown up in Space too! And he's cured of the Gay and is trying to get into Teri Hatcher's pants. If only he looked like this on DYNASTY.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I'm on episode 3 of season 2 and enjoying it a whole lot. That other guy who was also on DYNASTY in season 7, and was the butler on The Nanny was just in an episode where Data was playing Sherlock Holmes on the Holodeck.
    In season 2 the ships doctor Beverly Crusher has left in order to train others at Star Fleet or some other such nonsense. I read she was fired because one of the producers wasn't a fan of the actress. She returns next season when that producer leaves, but in the meantime we have that lady from LA LAW who fell down a lift shaft. I like Dr Crusher and her chemistry with Picard, but I am also enjoying Dr Pulaski played by Diana Muldaur.
    Dr Pulaski's first episode entitled THE BOY was very strange indeed. In it Deanna is impregnated in her sleep by an alien lifeform that just looks like a light. Anyways she goes full term in a day, and then has a painless birth and then her child grows rapidly over a matter of days. Madness but I'm eating this shit up with a spoon. I think that was also Whoopi Goldberg's first episode too.

I continue to be weirded out every time I see Deanna Troi in a scene after seeing how Marina Sirtis is in real life. Classically trained actors in Space! I love it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469
    I started this after @Alexis tuned me back into the show a few weeks back.

While I was excited to see the view together for the first time, I was frustrated with the first episode. I’ve never been a fan of Q, he’s kinda what I think John Barrowman modelled himself on and all this “Q is untouchable” really got on my nerves.

The episode does improve as they leave Q’s court and head to Farpoint where we meet the rest of the crew.

I didn’t realise they had the holodeck right from the start, nor did I think Riker & Troi had already met. So many new things are adding to my long distant memories of the show.

In the end I thought it was a great episode. It could be partly down to my own feelings of excitement over what the next seven seasons are going to give me, having realised how much I had forgotten. Hell I was shocked to see Bones and yet I remember that scene so well as I watched it again.

Let’s see what’s out there.

The second episode “The Naked Now” was one of those fun stories where the crew are taken over by some force and all beginning acting out of character. What I found amusing was Picard losing control of his crew and Wesley taking over. Picard was always great with his reactions when things were kinda out of his control, it added humour to the character that wasn’t forced upon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469

I'm looking forward to all the guest stars that are coming and I'm loving Riker having recently watched him on FALCON CREST

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469
    Armin Shimerman are shown up in episode five, only he's not Quark in this one..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Last Outpost, sounds and looks familiar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I'm still watching too albeit at a slower pace now. I think I am about 9 episodes into season 2. There is a new doctor, that woman from LA LAW who fell down the lift shaft. She doesn't seem to gel as well with the rest of the cast. She always seems on the outside of the storyline and of curse she has none of the chemistry that Crusher had with Picard. I have been enjoying Data's sort of Pinocchio quest to be human. It's kind of touching at times and I remember that being a draw for me when I was younger.
    Riker is the SEX. That is all.
    EDIT - I see I already mentioned that bit about the new doctor. Ah, well... I still have this cold.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,483
    It was hard to take Riker seriously at first because of that. I think he got more gravitas later when he grew the beard. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469
    I'm half-way through the second season, getting very close to the Borg.

I'm really enjoying Dr Pulaski too.

You never mentioned Anne Matheson in one of the earlier episodes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Erin Jones from FALCON CREST turned up in the last episode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ha! When he started to look more like Chase over Damon Ross.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    Oh yea... I forgot to mention Anne Matheson! I was wondering if this was prior to her being on Knots Landing. I think season 2 of The Next Gen was done in 87? I find it really hard to date lots of Knots Landing.

I had no idea who that girl Falcon Crest is... I only made it to season 3 I think. :(

I took a break with Star Trek to gorge on Dark Shadows but I think I'll do a few episodes tonight. I actually had a dream last night that Dr Crusher came back and forcibly removed the replacement Dr from the ship. All while my older brother was explaining to me what a text message was....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469
    [​IMG]

This is magnificent!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perhaps what we most needed was a kick in our complacency,
    to prepare us for what lies ahead.

14. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469

Her first appearance in KNOTS was No Miracle Worker in January '87, she continued to appear on KNOTS right up to April '87 and didn't return until January '89

The TNG episode with Michelle Phillips aired in April '88.

Where are you up to?

Ha ha!

I bet you're kicking yourself you didn't dream of the episode with Luke Fuller :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,469
    I was planning to watch PCBH, but you threw a spanner in the works when you created this thread, I'm having lost of fun with the revisit too.

I know what you mean. There's something happening in every episode, but it's not like we can have an ongoing conversation about it because it's not one continuing story. It's just exploring with the explorers.

If I have any niggles, it's that there are not enough episodes where the ship is under attack. I get much more fun when the crew are all involved over just one or two characters each story.

Data was my favourite character originally, but that's changed, I'm more about Picard this time around. In my first viewing I really missed Tasha, but not this time. I thought Lwaxana Troi was more recurring than she is which is a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    Yea when watching on Netflix the next episode just comes on automatically and I slip in a Star Trek trance. lol I still watch and enjoy, but as you say it's not like a soap opera where the characters are involved in an ongoing story that pulls you in and gets you all worked up.

When I first watched as a kid Data was my favourite character too, I still like him now but I'm fascinated by Deana Troi. I think that's just because I was so shocked at how different the actress was from her character.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    That's it I'm off to watch some now.... :)

18. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,554
    Just wait, seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the best, SOOOOO many great storys ahead of you!
    I assure it, you'll just LOVE it! :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I thought I had made it to episode 10 I hadn't, I'd only got to episode 7. So I watched another 2 episodes last night. A very good episode was MEASURE OF MAN. I actually remembered it from the first time I had watched the show. It's all about Data and how real he is? Does he have a soul? Is he a person or property? I liked it a lot. The previous one where Riker goes on a Klingon ship as part of a training programme was very weird. I think that's the first proper dealings with Klingons on the show.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,554
    Oh yes! It's one of my favorites too!
    I'm always struggeling with tears, when he looks at his little hologram of Tasha, that's soooo sweet and touchy!
    I have the Blurays and there they included a newly restored extended version of this great episode, which runs almost one hour!
    So there was some more great character related stuff they had to cut from the "normal" episode, because it was too long for TV.

• Like Like x 1