1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TNG Star Trek The Next Generation.

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Alexis, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    Oh God. I just went to watch the next episode and it's called Deja Q. I wonder what this is about....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    Ha ha!!!

This is the one I actually enjoyed, I wonder what you will make of it

3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,500
    I'd love to see his face the moment he found out she'd be back after he left. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    Did you watch this and if so did you enjoy it more than his other episodes?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    Yes I watched it and yes it wasn't annoying like his other episodes. I think this is because he was just human in this episode and didn't have his annoying powers for most of it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    I'm looking forward to watching Yesterdays Enterprise tonight as think I remember the cast talking about that in those YouTube videos.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,488
    I watched the whole ST TNG series with my (ex) boyfriend (he watched with me all "Dallas" and "Knots" with me...), and if there was one thing I couldn´t bear, was Q and the actor playing him. He was a pain in the a**. One question that may be off-topic but since you also know the other spin-offs, you might answer me about one thing: If I had to keep on watching the series, which one should I choose, "Deep Space 9" or "Voyager"? All opinions will be welcome and you´ll be invited to one round at the holodeck... (Don´t say I shouldn´t watch "Enterprise", I already did, but I´ll post about it on its thread...)

[​IMG]

Here´s the Ferengi guy talking about Miss Piggy​

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    I know that Deep Space 9 gets praised for it's writing and character work but I haven't ever seen much of it. I was a big fan of Voyager at the time and loved Captain Janeway. I mentioned earlier in this thread that part of the reason I didn't like DS9 is that it was set on a sort of space station, so they weren't really exploring new worlds, I guess they were exploring the characters that visited the station. I think I will rewatch Voyager next as I was a fan, but I have until May before the new series so maybe I could do DS9 too.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    A month ago I would have said jump straight to Voyager. Like Alexis, I'm a big fan of the show and Janeway, as well as the brilliant character by the name of Seven.

I watched and enjoyed DS9 in the 90s, but not in the same league as Voyager. It was much darker and sometimes it felt boring.

When Ensign Ro came into TNG I suddenly had this thirst to learn more about eh Bajorans and I knew that was a focus on DS9, then we started to meet Cardassians in TNG and my thirst grew stronger.

So with a new found curiosity in my I decided to watch DS9 again and so far I've been completely blown away by how addictive its become. The characters on DS9 feel much more real than those on the starship, there's so much more diversity on DS9 that it doesn't matter about flying around space discovering new worlds. There's much more depth and the ensemble cast of characters are what's making it feel still fresh some 20 years later. There's more continuity too which is a bonus for this type of story-telling.

In a way DS9 still has that 'uncharted' feel TNG has has because of a stable wormhole, but that will be explained more in the pilot.

I would definitely recommend doing DS9 next and then finish off with Voyager.

I've also been (secretly) hoping that Alexis might find his way back to DS9 and I honestly believe he will see it in a different light to what he saw when he first watched the show.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    @Ome... I'm still not sure where I go next after TNG I may very well decide, like you that I want to do DS9 first.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    I think it was somewhere in season four that I decided I would do DS9. The season three finale is connected with DS9, I'm not sure if you remember that, I know I didn't until I watched it again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,488
    Hmmm. Interesting comments. I also love Garnet...Kate Mulgrew, and started Season 1 over 1 year ago, but I struggled with it and finally I postponed it "sine díe". Maybe I´ll begin with ST DP9 now, and might alternate both in the future...

SciFi shows have such a different timing nowadays. Shorter seasons, shorter episodes, shorter (if any) openings...I was disappointed with "Falling Skies" but I could watch it all the way (despite my feelings toward the TNT "dictators" who killed the "Dallas" memory).

If we consider SciFi also Horror / Paranormal / Zombies / Clones, I´ve recently watched the first Seasons of "Extant" and the original Swedish "Humans", "Stranger Things", and "The Whisperers" (already canceled), the first 2 of "The Strain", "Under the Dome", "Wayward Pines", "Orphan Black", and "Helix". Oh and I also watch the superhero series "The Flash" and "Supergirl". But even so, I miss a good old space opera...

:popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    Well I really bombing through season 3 it's so good! I loved Yesterday's Enterprise. It felt very dark and kind of like the new films in that way. And of course good to see Tasha back again. lol The episode that followed, The Offspring was really surprising too. I have to admit I got all emotional with Data being a parent and then losing his child. And what a shock that his daughter, Lal could actually feel, even if it was for such a short time.

Data is still my favourite character, I love when we get to see things from his perspective. He has so much logic and sees things for what they are without need to sugar coat or "protect" people's feelings. He understands so much, but not feelings so it makes sense that he would be like that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    This one really took me by surprise. I was absolutely loving the story and seeing Tasha Ya again and then when it ended on Guinan asking about what Tasha Ya was like I got this wave of emotion and shivers down my spine, like I'd lost a loved one and I was about to reminisce about the old times

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    I was wrong, it was season five.

Another teaser for you @Alexis, Mary Crosby turns up with a gun aimed at an ex lover.......

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    I feel I need to say this...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I HATE WESELY CRUSHER!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    :funny:

But I do like Wesley at times

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    No I have got to the point I cant stand him. He basically flies the ship at 17! He magically knows everything and saves the day because he recognises shit like random bleeps in interference from Ferengi ships that is actually an encoded message from Riker simulating some random music they heard 3 days earlier.

Wesley Crusher must die... MAKE IT SO.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,194
    And just like that I am in to season 4! The Borg have been beaten... For now.
    I cant remember, does the Borg queen appear on TNG or Voyager or was that the films?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,457
    I think she is first introduced in the movie FIRST CONTACT and then she appears in Voyager after that,

I love the Borg because there's simply no reasoning with them

• Like Like x 2