TNG Star Trek The Next Generation.

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Alexis, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    Haha.... What is this about? I meant what the hell was wrong with me. Where did lemon come from?:giggle:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    I currently being weirded out by an episode where Famke Janssen plays a mutant who's not an X man. And also Elliot Carson from Peyton Place is an alien too. Is that what happened to Elliot and Connie when they left the town? Maybe that's where all missing soap people end up? SPACE... THE FIANL FORNTIER.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    LOL

I thought it was an Irish saying. Even so it made me chuckle when I read it

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,603
    I just thought it was a euphemism I wasn't familiar with. :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    It's very "What the devil is going on here?" Blake Carrington style.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    Ha ha!! Brilliant :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    So tonight I made a point of finishing off season 5, which I felt like I had been watching forever. Not because it was bad, but because I just hadn't had much time to watch episodes back to back. In the last few episodes I really enjoyed the one entitled I, Borg. Where Picard planned to infect a Borg that the enterprise rescued from a crash on a planet. I found it really interesting to know more about the Borg, and that the were capable of their own thought and weren't always one of many. It was kind of weird and a bit emotional to see the Borg give human responses to Picard's questions. The finale episode was a weird one. I have no memory of it, and I have no idea what the hell is going on with Guinan being back in time on earth. So off into season 6 I go... boldly of course.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    Oh, how I love the Borg. I thought they were my all-time favourite antagonists of Star Trek, but then I had completely erasred the Dominion and the Jem'Hadar from DS9 and man was that a mistake.

Then again, now I'm on board of Voyager, there's so much more Borg stuff going on, and a lot that I had totally forgotten about.

Oh yeah the San Francisco 1893 or something like that. I wasn't impressed either.

Do jump back into this thread after you've watched Relics, it's the fourth episode and it brought a wee tear to my eye.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    I really didn't like it. It felt a bit like a comedy caper at times. And there seemed to be a bit of a time jump between part 1 and part 2, I know the storyline was based around time travel and all but it felt like they rushed the ending of the plot to just be done with it. I think they could have got a little more out of the idea that Data's severed head was found in 1890s San Francisco. And then the day was all saved because Picard put a binary message in Data's head with a metal screw? Ok.... I'm gonna say that's a bit dubious. Even for Star Trek. lol
    Also Mark Twain was unbelievably annoying in those episodes. It felt like his voice was a metal screw drilling into my brain. And he looked like Colonel Saunders if he wasn't into fried Chicken.

What I have noticed in this re-watch is that I like Star Trek the best when it's a little darker. When it focuses on stuff like the intrigues of the Klingons and their power struggles, or even the Romulans who I still find a little mysterious, well maybe Tasha Yar's daughter kinda ruined them for me? I also want to see more of the Cardassians. The last two were introduced on TNG weren't they? And yet they are the ones that haven't been fleshed out as much. Also I am really Fascinated by the Borg and again we don't see much of them. Though we get lots of aliens that are just a floating orb of light or the insufferable Q brought back for what feels like his 90th appearance. lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    @Treeviewer I cant stop laughing at your new screen name. I don't know why but the idea of someone who just specifically views trees makes me laugh. Do you rate the Christmas trees you view? lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    Yes, along with Bajorans who feature heavily in DS9
    This is a sign....

And this is another sign why I now believe you will enjoy DS9 more than you think.

These only play a minor part in DS9 and that probably sounds crappy because they're such an amazing nemesis to everyone, however when you meet the Dominion and the Jem'Hedar you'll find more than enough to keep you glued.

The Borg are very much Voyager as you know with Seven, but that's for another time :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,603
    It rhymed. It seemed Christmassy. And Charlie Brown's tree rates #1. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,347
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    I am still watching this although still at a slower pace now. I just finished the season 6 episodes Chain Of Command parts 1 and 2. All to do with the Cardassians. They are so dark and frightening I thought they were two great episodes. Is this were Deep Space 9 spins off from? I know the
    Cardies were featured a lot on DS9.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    I don't know if this is where it comes from, but the Cardassians play a pivotal role in the bigger picture of DS9.

Interestingly that these were the two episodes in which I longed to give DS9 another go. I was first alerted at the possibility of doing DS9 again after seeing the introduction of Ensign Ro. Bajorans are another that DS9 pay a lot of attention to.

There's another alien species that come to light in DS9 who are even darker than the Cardassians and what happens involving both these makes for a very exciting story-arc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    I found this blog that says I should watch the DS9 2 part episode Emissary next then a few more DS9 and then alternate between TNG and DS9.
    I have also read a few places I should just watch all of TNG first and then start DS9 later as it wont matter. I don't know what to do now. lol
    Any ideas @Matthew Blaisdel ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,797
    Back in the 90s I watched them as they were released, but on the second watch I did TNG first, then DS9, followed by VOY.

There's one crossover in Emissary that doesn't reflect on any plot going into DS9 and one recurring character Miles O'Brien who leaves TNG to become a full time character on DS9. From this moment onward, I think TNG mentions DS9 in conversation and that's about it.

I would stick with TNG till the end and that way you can enjoy DS9 without interruptions, as it were.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    Thanks I was kinda thinking of that but just wanted to make sure.

19. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,468
    I really really hate Q episodes. I'm watching Tapestry now and he's so annoying. It actually makes me feel ill.

I really loved the episode previous though where Troi had been kidnapped and made to play the part of a Romulan. I loved the exchanges she had with the Romulan captain.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,279
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Isn´t this video just amazing...?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1