Scandal Starting Season 6

Discussion in 'ShondaLand' started by Ome, May 22, 2017.

1. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,822
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    I'm not going to open @Jason73's thread because it's about the end of season 6. I thought I would use this platform to throw a few thoughts about the season as I continue.

I seemed to have had some memory loss, I thought the battle for President was between Mellie and Susan Ross with Vargas as a background character to keep it flowing. Now Vargas has won, and been shot while Susan hasn't appeared.

So far so good....

2. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,822
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    Everything is pointing to Cyrus being the one who shot Vargas, but I normally find with this show that they don't point the finger at the culprit straight away, in fact they usually send us on a wild chase in the wrong direction, so they can surprise us later with who really did it.

So I'm not buying that Cyrus is behind this.

3. Ome
    Relaxed

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,822
    Original Member Since:
    Dec 2005
    I guess I was wrong.....!:rolleyes:

3 episodes in and I started to wonder if I wanted to carry on, but when they arrested Cyrus at the end, it gave me a nudge to keep going.

4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Original Member Since:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    @Ome, I´m watching this season too (now at the 100th episode), and I can´t help feeling I´m being constantly cheated by the writers. Do we really need to see a whodunit from 5 different POV´s? Did they forget about making the plot advance? I don´t know if it´s the concept or the characters what got tiresome here, but I´m still watching it because I just love that group of actors and, of course, because of the soapiness and sexiness (and crazy pacing) of the whole thing!

I think that Kerry Washington is probably the reason this show has managed to complete 6 (now 7) seasons. She´s a very capable actress, she´s beautiful, charismatic, incredibly energetic and has chemistry with all its co-stars. The only thing I don´t like about her (or her character) is that tendency to pout every time the Prez is near, I find it very out-of-character and sometimes annoying. Especially because Tony Goldwyn´s such a bore and his Fitz is an unredeemable a**hole. Anyway, I´ll stick to the end: it´s still so much better than "Empire" and the only soap I can devour without feeling guilty...