Storylines that you think should've happened

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Sep 11, 2018.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    1: A love square between Fallon, Jeff, Amanda and Miles, they really were the 80s version of Sable, Jason, Frankie and Phillip, I don't think the writers ever realised the potential in drawing the parallels, Amanda and Miles would make a cute couple.

2: A late in life pregnancy for Alexis, she was only in her 40s during the 80s so her falling pregnant around the mid 80s wouldn't have been too strange, a child to call her own, this could lead onto other possibilities

3: Ben manipulating Claudia in season 6, and her having his baby in season 7, she was going mental anyway so why not have her fall under the spell of a Svengali and who better to be that Svengali than Ben Carrington

4: Steven and Sammy Jo remarrying, off the storylines tossed aside from the mid season 6 retooling, this I one I'm disappointed they tossed aside, I know I'm among a few on here to see Steven as being bisexual but more on the gay side of course, I actually liked Steven and Sammy Jo's relationship in later seasons and to see them together slightly older than they were the first time would have been good to see.

5: A proper male love interest for Steven, despite the above mentions point I would have liked to have seen Steven have a boyfriend for longer than a few episodes of a season, Chris Deegan would have been a good choice or Tony even.

6: An illegitimate teenaged son for Adam, because in all the soaps apart from KNOTS generation x was totally overlooked in the 80s super soaps and since Adam would have been old enough to have had a child born the in the late 60s/early 70s it would be his son who turns up I'm season 7, his son by Dana, Blake's true first born grandson, Adam would be pleased at this while Fallon and Jeff would be worries for LB's position.

7: Iris turns up, it is not stated how Iris died or when she died, but it could be revealed that she faked her death years earlier and became an independently wealthy high class Madame of a top Washington brothel named: Avalon du Monte, she has a little black book on all her clients which include Blake, Dex, Jason, etc etc, she would turn up in season 9 with secrets regarding the nazi treasure.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,908
    Not too long ago, we had a thread about "Ridiculous ideas you'd actually do if you were producing the show":

http://soapchat.net/threads/ridicul...d-actually-do-if-youd-produced-the-show.3137/

Anyway, I was thinking over the weekend that, given how little the show tried to evoke Colorado or the Rockies, it might have been nice if the Carrington experienced a series of grizzly bear attacks around the mansion. Maybe one could break in.

Homicidal bear subdued by Krystle's terrified whimpering:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,908
    Of the three ideas the OP came up with that I think I'd like....
    I've often said Alexis should have claimed to have slept with Blake in Singapore, taunting Krystle with this during the last half of S7 (leading Krystle to drink) and then asserting she was carrying her ex-husband's baby by season's end, supposedly losing the child during the avalanche cliffhanger that was originally planned for spring 1987, the audience never quite sure if Alexis was lying or not.

That said, Joan would never go for it. The producers would have to trick her.
    Obviously, this should have happened. And even then, it seemed ridiculous that it never happened. But it was clear the producers wanted the credit for being groundbreaking yet didn't have the testicles -- as it were -- to really follow through.
    I've also suggested Iris re-animate, perhaps during Season 10 (once Krystle is gone) confessing to leaving her child Sammy Jo in the hands of her step-father, Frank Dean, in part because of Frank's drinking and because she knows Sammy Jo's father was another man (I prefer to learn Brady Lloyd was the daddy, not Daniel Reece, but that's my little quirk). And perhaps we can learn that Frank had been "inappropriate" with Sammy Jo, which explains her later sluttiness.

I wasn't so ambitious as to make Iris a high-end madam, but with Paulsen producing the show -- and God knows the man loves his hookers -- then that's probably what would have happened. Maybe we could find out Iris was pimping out her teenaged niece, Virginia, for easy profits.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    I like the bear idea @Snarky's Ghost

For season 10 I would have Blake actually go to jail in order to save Fallon and Krystina from the art collectors who would be working with Ben Carrington (he would revert to his evil ways) and Alexis would be in an extremely bad way and would be whisked off to a clinic in the Caribbean, thereby saving money due to the absence of Forsythe and Collins.

Sable would give birth to another set of twins and would marry Dex, all the while the couple are stalked by a mysterious person, which turns to be Virginia Methany.

Ben would be revealed as Sable's rapist, however the father of Miles and Monica would still be Jason.

At the end of the season at Sable and Dex's wedding, in a forest lodge a forest fire occurs trapping the characters

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    When Dana came in, she should have been a single mother with a teenage son whose father is Adam but whom she hates so much she wants nothing to do with him. She could have been brought along as personnel from a smaller company DC or Colbyco bought and then stay with DC after Alexis gave it up. It would have made for better story than the surrogacy plot, and Adam faced with a baby mother and son who hate him would be wonderfully ironic considering the energy he spent hating Blake.

But DYNASTY was seriously neglecting the younger generation, sad considering the show's name. It was also why a next generation was hard to work out, unlike TNT Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,572
    Huh. I never thought of that. But now I'd like to see it! :D

7. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    Indeed, DALLAS had a multitude of next generation characters:
    Lucy, James, Charlotte Wade (had Bobby been her father),
    John Ross, Christopher, Margaret, and Lucas also Bobby Jnr & Betsy over on KNOTS (I'm still including them despite them existing only on the alternate KNOTS timeline) they were all fleshed out and well rounded characters unlike DYNASTY's next generation: LB, Danny, Krystina and Lauren, who were there because they looked cute

8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,915
    Agreed. Though the next generation of kids on Dallas were created as a plot to enhance the story they were integral to the ongoing series. John Ross and Christopher's ongoing presence in Dallas is a testament to the writers for including the kids rather than just creating them and shoving them in a bedroom never to be seen again. The way Miss Ellie for example involved herself with John Ross and Christopher showed true grandmother behaviour. I don't recall Alexis ever displaying such affection. She was probably paranoid about the child tugging at her wig.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,572
    The girls looked cute. The boys looked hideous.... well, the LB in S8 was okay, and so was Danny in S9, but from what I remember, all the previous actors... (shudder)

No, Alexis had a few scenes with her grandkids:

I don't think there's any clips, but there was another scene during the Rita storyline where Alexis asks Danny for information about "Krystle's" weird behavior. I remember her taking him into her lap then, though of course I could be wrong.

10. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,673
    The one that almost did happen, but never really took off - Adam & Sammy Jo.

Imagine the torment this gruesome twosome could've inflicted upon poor Steven. The homophobic insults, the threat of taking Danny away from him paired with the revolting idea of Danny being raised by Adam, catfights with Claudia and then Luke Fuller, plotting together against her irritatingly holier-than-though aunt and his self-righteous father, the hysteria upon realizing she may not have married an actual Carrington after all, Adam being constantly bruised in the continuing feud between Sammy Jo & Alexis, an evil child of their own they could've spawned that would've wreaked havoc upon the entire family in the show's twilight seasons...

The list of possibilities for these two would've been endless.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,580
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Oh yeah! And Krystle too, or at least in her Rita incarnation. See below Rita pulling a Joan Crawford on poor Danny after that incident in the corridor. The scene was censored, of course, but will be included in the 2100 re-release of the dvd´s...

[​IMG]

12. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,814
    And it makes more sense than Adam and Claudia, one of the show's most illogical couples.
    And if their marriage would end in a super-nasty divorce, they could revive the next generation show with Sammy Jo returning from her banishment:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    Yes, but it was LB (he was also the one in the Rita clip). Jeff had left him behind when he first moved to California, trying to show that he is, after all, his mother's son.

14. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,572
    Yes, but to be fair, the true equivalent of Frankie leaving Jeff with Cecil would be Jeff leaving LB with Adam (and then coming back for LB when he's 30). At least Jeff left LB with his grandparents, and came and got him a few days (or was it weeks?) later.

15. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,572
    YES. SO MUCH, YES.

• Like Like x 2