Storylines, you wish Dallas did

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Apr 24, 2017.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    What storylines would you want Dallas to do?

For me a plane crashing on to a large field on Southfork near Ray's house would've been good, a few days before there's an oil leak that Bobby, not JR, covers up, the leak finders itself near the Krebbes ranch, days later a passenger jet from Florida to Australia crashes onto the leak causing an almighty explosion which blows up the Krebbs ranch, we the views don't know if Ray, Donna or Miss Ellie survived the explosion, but Bobby would scares s**tless over this, JR for once is completely innocent as he was away on business when the leak and crash occurred.

Also for the sake of killing off Michelle, Cally and James I'd have a serial killer storyline and they're the victims.

2. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +642
    Well I think Dallas certainly did it's fair share of plane crashes.

I think there were many stories they could have done, but it was already getting so far removed from it's original premise and viewers were leaving like rats on a sinking ship (let alone the cast), so I would have liked to see more stories that impacted on the characters themselves. It would have been interesting if one of the Ewings had actually gone head to head with J.R and played him at his own game, resulting in depression and possible suicide.

But, as they say in soapland, there are only 5 or 6 storylines in soap and Dallas kinda did them all - Whodunnit...?, Who's the father?, Deaths and will readings, Amnesia, infidelity, takeovers, mortgaging or selling the family home....it had all been done.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tullamore

Tullamore Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +275
    There was a rumour that JR would have included Lucy in a deal with an Arab oil baron,literally Lucy being the deal....

• Like Like x 1
  4. pete lashmar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +642
    What a shame they never did it, would have been a great story.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tullamore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Think JR would officially be the biggest villain of all time if he 'sold' his niece to an Arab harem

• Like Like x 1
  6. Barbara Belle of The Ball

Barbara Belle of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,787
    revealing Digger as JRs father in final frame of show
    cue freeze frame of a shocked JR

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kristin Kringle Channing

Kristin Kringle Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,361
    As Texas is prone to tornadoes, I think a twister hitting Southfork could have made for a very exciting season finale. Someone could be driving back and trying to get home before the storm hits and their car gets flipped. Ray could be out trying to round up the cattle (kind of like in 'Winds of vengeance' but obviously this would be a much more dangerous and dramatic scenario) and not make it back in time, so is missing. At least part of Southfork would be destroyed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Lucy get sucked out of her bedroom, possibly never to be seen again. A couple of people should get flattened as the roof collapses on them. Probably very elaborate and expensive for them to actually do, but it would have been fun.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,830
    I want that oil gusher in Miss Ellie's dining room. The panic! The disaster! Who's gonna survive the oil flood?

That house once so white...will Carmen/Teresa or what's her name ever be able to clean it all up?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    What I wanted to see: In season 5 (dvd), JR accepts his divorce with Sue Ellen, hooks up with Katherine after that reporter scene they had, then they eventually fall for each other and get married. No cheating, divorces, Mandy, Cally, or dumbed-down JR in the later years. JR gets to be president of Ewing Oil since Katherine doesn't let Bobby use that stupid Tundra Torque which made his totals for the contest higher than JR's. Katherine gets to be president of Wentworth Tool and Dye and does not have to share anything from Wentworth Industries because she won a case against Cliff and Pam in court over Rebecca's will. Cliff does not aquire Gold Canyon 340 because Katherine never lent him the money because she already has everything Wentworth. Oh, and the dream never happens because Katherine is happy with JR doesn't get crazy for Bobby and try to kill him. JR and Katherine kick everyone's asses in business and live happily ever after. And that is my wonderful version of Dallas. lol. The End.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    :rolling: :rlol: :laughs: ... ... ... RUN @Presea!!! ... ... @Sarah is right behind you with a frying pan in her hand! :giggle: Sue Ellen's fan #1 can't handle JR with anyone else but the former Miss Texas! :lolo:

• Like Like x 6
  11. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    Cliff's attraction to Mark Graison could have been further developed. It was funny to watch how flirtatious Cliff was with Mark.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    During the course of Lorimar Dallas I noticed how little religion was spoken of. I wonder if this was deliberate on the writers/producers part. Perhaps it was their way of keeping the show neutral. I'm not a religious person by any means but it would have been interesting to see a Priest/Minister character written into the show. Perhaps a younger sibling of Miss Ellie's. Would have put the cat amongst the pigeons with JR's adulterous ways. Better yet, an illicit affair with Sue Ellen.

13. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    Yes a tornado hitting Southfork would've been a excellent storyline, this would've been good during the 1986-1991 era, perhaps Pam being sucked up in a tornado would've been the better exit for our tragic heroin

14. Tullamore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +275
    It was a great episode but the Kit Mainwaring story ,could have been stretched out serial wise for quite a while with Kit struggling with his sexual its and he jilting Lucy at the altar only for JR to blackmail him into marrying her

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clubsoda

Clubsoda Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Not exactly specific storylines but I wish they'd have given Pam and Donna and Donna and Sue Ellen or the three together more storylines.

Also given Pam and Lucy some scenes together after Pam and Bobby divorced.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    I don't understand why I always seem to hear that people like this idea so much. I mean, do they want JR to kill himself or something? Because I can imagine that he just probably might do that if that turned out to be true.

17. pete lashmar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +642
    I can understand people thinking it a good idea for the final moments of the final episode, but the show was always likely to come back in some form (as it did with TV movies and TNT), so in that respect it would have been a bad idea and would probably have been retconned anyway, and I think viewers would have felt let down again by the writers.

18. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    Though I mentioned this in "old soapchat", I've always been curious about the conversation JR Ewing has with the unknown person in the opening scene for "Dallas: The Early Years." Upon reflection JR repeats a conversation he had with Jock and he says, "Once he even said. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Digger Barnes."

I know others had suggestions behind the meaning of this however I've always remembered it as ambiguous. As David Jacobs wrote the movie I'd love the opportunity to ask him was there anything more to it, or is my imagination running away from me.

• Like Like x 1