Streaming war is on

Discussion in 'Streaming TV' started by Emelee, Nov 1, 2019.

1. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +775
    I agree. Netflix success was because it was the main (the first?) streaming service, haven properties from many different studios. Now studios all want their own streaming service, because of Netflix success. How unfair... They didn't want toi lunch them before Netflix, because they had zero trust in their potential.

Amazon, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV? Disney +, CBS all access, ...
    Now, who wants to pay for all off them now? Or who just can for all of them?

2. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Medals:
    It's all about the content and it's going to be interesting going forward as I'm sure many of us only watch one or two shows on each service.

I do watch more on Netflix. I probably watch more Netflix series than I do on normal TV.

I would have gone with Disney Plus but by March 2020 I will probably not bother.

3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,485
    I did consider Disney+ however after looking at their catalog I've decided against it. No other streaming service tugs my interest.

4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    Medals:
    I might give this a try with Amazon when Picard starts. The first month is free so it would only be 2 x $6.99 to cover the ten weeks. Much cheaper and faster than waiting for the DVDs I don't actually want to buy (and find space for) anyway. Anything else I might watch during that time (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel sounds interesting) would be a bonus.