Tears for Fears are back with new music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ome, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    Nearly two years ago it was announced they were working on a new album, expected to be released late 2016

It didn't happen! But, they did say it was due to be released late 2017 and they gave the album title "The Tipping Point", and divulged several song titles from it including "My Demons", "I Love You But I'm Lost", "End of Night" and "Up Above the World"

Well, it's pretty late 2017 and still no sign of the album, but I did get an email to say they are releasing another Greatest Hits called "Rule the World" and it comes with two new tracks, so I had to pre-order it to get "I Love You But I'm Lost".

TFF.jpg
    There's also been an announcement of a UK tour in 2018.

I'm gutted that there hasn't been any news on the new album, but just having some new music from them right now is heaven to my ears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    :omg::omg::omg:

TFF.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    Tears For Fears AND Alison Moyet :eck: how amazing is that!?!

Its as though they've arranged all this especially for you Ome, no need to ask if you're going to get tickets :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    I can't believe this is happening. It made me think about two of my favourite ever songs "Mad World" & "Only You" both songs went on to be best sellers for other artists.
    Yes, first it was The Killers bringing Tears for Fears and now they're bringing Alison Moyet to me :D

I'm waiting for my pre-order code to come from the TFF website and fingers crossed I will have three tickets pretty soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    After a very anxious 25 minutes, I managed to get tickets to see these, only we have to drive 2 hours and stay over, but what the hell, it's Tears for Fears!!!!! :omg:

Then in a shock (to me) turn of events, they sold out most of their concerts, so they announced more venues, one in my home city. Obviously, this means I have to buy more tickets (which I did) because I can't let them visit my city and not make an appearance myself.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    :Clol:

TFF's have obviously been reading your posts on this forum Ome and have decided to come and visit you. :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659

The Boots Christmas advert is out....

Ome for Christmas...3.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    Tears For Fears have unveiled the cinematic new video for new track ‘I Love You But I’m Lost’.

The video was shot at Dirty Laundry in LA, and is taken from the pop institution’s first ever greatest hits retrospective, ‘Rule The World’ – which is out now. This is the band’s first new track in 13 years.

Speaking of the track, Roland Orzabal said: “This song is about the haziness, the blurred lines within a relationship, the sense of having someone and losing someone in the same instant; like putting your arms around that person only for them to instantly disappear into vapours, the idea or ideal of someone who is impossible to pin down or own.”

• Like Like x 2
  9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,875
    Good song!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    Tears for Fears have been forced to postpone their forthcoming sold-out UK & Ireland arena tour due to unforeseen health concerns and on doctor’s orders. The tour, due to start April 27thin Leeds, and finish May 12th in Brighton has been rescheduled for early 2019.

Tears for Fears apologise to their fans and are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

They look forward to working on finishing material for their first new album in fourteen years, with the hope of releasing it this autumn.

Tears For Fears rescheduled dates are as follows (with Alison Moyet remaining as a very special guest)

I was due to see them next week and the first week in May - Completely gutted! :sad:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  11. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    Oh, no :cry:

I am sorry Ome you must be understandably disappointed, especially with it being near the date you were due to go and after you've waited all this time to see them

Its very little comfort to you right now, but at least the concerts will eventually go ahead and will still include Alison Moyet. (I hope you can still go to the rearranged dates)

Get well soon to Roland or Curt.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,659
    We had to cancel the second concert in Birmingham because we can't make that date and we also lose out on the hotel we booked for this year. :cry:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  13. JR's Son

JR's Son Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96