SoapLand - The Battle Of The Brides - The Result

Discussion in 'SoapLand - The Battles' started by Willie Oleson, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +729
    1) Dana Waring to Adam Carrington, "Dynasty": a beautiful, classic gown. Without the bows at the hip and with a simpler headpiece I could see it being worn today.
    2) Fallon Colby to Jeff Colby, "The Colbys": all of those layers of pale pink organza could be too much on many women but on Emma Samms it's glorious.
    3) Krystle Jennings to Blake Carrington (second ceremony), "Dynasty": as much as I like the ivory suit Krystle wore for her first wedding to Blake, I think she looked even lovelier in this bias cut blue silk dress.
    4) Amanda Carrington to Prince Michael, "Dynasty": a classic gown fit for a princess. People often compare this to the dress Diana Spencer wore when she married Prince Charles but I think there's no comparison; Diana's dress was all ruffles, bows and poufs that overwhelmed her. By comparison, Amanda's dress is actually quire simple in design - it's the beading and appliques that make it extravagant.
    5) Krystle Jennings to Blake Carrington (first ceremony), "Dynasty": the ivory suit perfectly captures the essence of Krystle, it's basic design is quite simple but the embellishments represent her transition to lady of the manor.
    Honorable mention) Krystle Carrington to Blake Carrington (renewal of vows), "Dynasty": the peach silk gown with embellished sheer sleeves and back is elegant and flattering. Plus, this is my favorite soap wedding of all so I couldn't not mention it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,575
    Medals:
    :rlol: yes it's Celine Dion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap