The Cowboy and the Lady

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Ray&Donna, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Great update from the Southfork living room! :spinning:

I loved their comments about Ralston's interview! :dance: Great writing! :gotcha:
    • Miss Ellie: “Remind me to have the DOA refuse all future interviews with KDAL”. :mo:
    • Clayton: “Remind me to fire off a dirty letter to the station manager. That’s the sorriest excuse for journalism I have ever seen. It was little more than a bunch of tepid rumors and amateurism speculations.:head:
    • Sue Ellen: “The allegations leveled against Harrison Bond and Shaw Williamson are not out of the realm of possibility, but there is no way your Aunt Donna would participate in something underhanded or illegal. The Senator was definitely showing his ignorance where her character is concerned.:loveit:
    I feel so bad for Christopher! :( He seems so lost at this time! :cry: Sue Ellen's concern for her nephew was just amazing! :hug:Miss Ellie did a great job of convincing Christopher that his parents will come home and also why the Ewing family can't do without him! :group:

Awesome that the Ewing ladies are already taking the first steps to "fight" for Donna's honor and future overall! :clap:

I need another update ASAP, please! :up: With the mentioning of Ray and Donna at the very end of this scene, I'm gonna guess that the next scene will be about them (and that it indeed was Ray calling Donna)! ;)

Please update soon! :best:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Great update about Ray and Clayton! :dance:

Amazing first paragraph where we got some insight into Ray's mind! :spinning:I had to chuckle when I read the middle part of this sentence: "So while he would like to have gone to meet her wherever she was—and taken along his rifle in case a few vultures needed to be taken down a peg or two—he had already planned to visit the cattle auction that day. :giggle:

Yeah, Dusty's whereabouts were addressed! :clap:

Ray cracks me up: “Is Miss Ellie allowing it in your diet?:lolo: I can just picture the faces of Steve and Howard, if this was played out for real! :lol:

Hopefully, Ray’s wishes will come true, i.e. that he and Clayton can have a relaxing day at the livestock exchange in Fort Worth without any “interference” from others. :yep:

I’ll be hoping for another update before Christmas! :best: However, I realize that you might be busy with getting ready for the upcoming holidays! :20: :12:And it didn’t go unnoticed that you have been providing us with more updates than usual for the past ten days or so! :06: Thus, you’re entitled to take a break from entertaining us! :17: No pressure, of course! :kiss:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,321
    I worded that wrong--more like Katherine, in her obsession, is trying to make sure Pam doesn't suffer medical complications from her burns.

The family was so non-existent in the final years that I wanted to do something to rectify that. Where were the Ewings who banded together to confront Cliff and the cartel at the barbeque? Instead we had scenes of April crying because no one would invite her to Southfork :re:

I loved the relationship between Ray and Clayton on the show--again, another loss when Ray and Donna were off the show was their closeness with Miss Ellie and Clayton. The ultimate compliment you can pay is when you say you can picture the actors speaking the lines, because I do try to stay true to the actors and the characters in my writing. I will try to keep posting updates throughout the course of the week, though clearly I will be absent for the holiday ;) :)

Donna was still on the campaign trail, speaking that day beneath the shining globe of Reunion Tower. If there were any naysayers in the crowd—which was both enormous and enthusiastic—they had yet to make themselves known. Each viewpoint, promise, and encouraging statement was followed with fervent applause, and while the rumors surrounding her candidacy never left the back of her mind, the people who were there to greet her were clearly staunch supporters: many had homemade signs and airbrushed shirts declaring their love for the Krebbs-Crawford ticket. The only disappointment for the crowed seemed to occur when she came to the end of her speech—it was clear they wanted to hear more, but she also wanted a bit of face-time with some of the donors who were waiting to dine with her at the Hyatt Regency, located just beneath the tower. As Garner led her down the steps from the dais, someone surprising—though not unexpected—was waiting there to greet her.

“J.R.,” she said, smiling at him as though the mutual disdain they held was only a rumor.

“Donna,” he said stiffly, touching his hat and falling into step alongside her. “I would like to speak with you about that story Ralston did last night. I wanted you to know I had nothing to do with it.”

“I never thought you did,” she replied honestly. “We’ll never be friends, but we are family. I kept you out of jail, if you remember.”

“But you did nothing to save Ewing Oil,” he reminded her. She and Garner came to a stop, and she turned to face her brother-in-law.

“I made it so that you can breathe fresh air and see your son on a regular basis, instead of through plate glass. I know nothing about your WestStar deal, but rest assured that Dave is investigating it as we speak. Or didn’t you think that I would have alerted him to potential SEC violations as soon as I became suspicious?”

He replied with a look that said he’d forgotten her ability to get right to the salient point. “Looks like you’ve got all your bases covered, Donna.”

“I usually do. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to break bread with your friends. Good day, J.R.” She left him standing there, knowing that the members of the Cartel were only friends to J.R. when he could use them; with Ewing Oil out of the independent game, they were much likelier to align themselves with Cliff and Barnes-Wentworth.

The assemblage stood and applauded as soon as she and Garner entered the room. It was an impressive showing: past and present oilmen of Texas, along with their wives or lady friends. The entire Cartel was there, including Marilee; the retired Andy Bradley showed up, undoubtedly at his wife’s urging; Punk and Mavis and several of the wealthier members of the DOA; as special advisor, Cliff’s presence there was to be expected, and in spite of her stances against price gouging and over-drilling, there was a representative from every major oil company in attendance to show their support for her candidacy. Bond and Williamson were notably absent, but Donna wasn’t offended in the least: she figured they were lying low until they could figure out how to explain some of their actions.

As she drew closer to her table, she saw that Sue Ellen had come to show her support. They exchanged an affectionate hug and once she was seated, everyone else followed suit.

The conference room of the hotel had been decorated with red, white, and blue streamers, and huge Texas flags hung from the front and back walls, as glass enclosed the other sides of the space. For lunch they dined on jumbo Gulf shrimp—or sweet and sour chicken for those people with an aversion to shellfish—scalloped potatoes, and seasoned toasted green beans. For dessert there were samplers of cheesecake: chocolate, strawberry, and key lime. Donna felt positively stuffed afterward. “Sue Ellen,” she whispered to her sister-in-law, “I’m going to have to run to my next campaign stop in order to keep from getting fat!”

Sue Ellen laughed softly. “Unless your next stop is in Dallas, I wouldn’t recommend that.”

Donna smiled. “Unfortunately it’s in San Antone, so my only option is to fast on the jet, I guess. Or drink lots of water.”

“With all the traveling you do, you might come to appreciate those extra calories,” Sue Ellen reminded her.

“Amen to that,” she agreed. “I’m grateful for the turnout today. It doesn’t look like any of my supporters took Roy Ralston—or Country Graham—seriously last night.”

“Miss Ellie would tell you to have faith, Donna. If anything, it turned more people off of your opponent. Your reputation is quite sterling, and the people who voted for you in the primary believe in your message.”

“I just hope the other shoe doesn’t drop,” Donna murmured. “Dave is looking into the veracity of the rumors as we speak.”

Sue Ellen hadn’t been wrong—as the meal wound down and guests milled about, more than a few of them dropped by her table to let her know that she had their support now more than ever. Regardless of how the campaign went from here, she was going to be sending out lots of thank you notes—hopefully in the form of invitations to her inauguration.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Hallelujah! :clap: I feel exactly the same way! :gotcha: In the double-digit seasons, there was nothing left of the “Dallas” that I initially fell in love with! :frustration:

Thank goodness for amazing fanfics like yours! :jolly: At least, in this make-believe world, we can have some of the storylines that we longed for! :wink@

Say that again! :clap:

You always do an outstanding job staying true to the characters as we remember and love them! :dance:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,321
    Dave Culver was sitting in his office, finally getting down to some much-needed paperwork after fielding a variety of calls since the “news” had broken in Texas. While some considered the word of Roy Ralston to be sacrosanct, Dave had always viewed the television personality as exactly what he was—an opportunistic bottom-feeder who changed his allegiances as often as most people changed their socks. His support was as malleable as a piece of aluminum, and his stories were usually as reliable as a car with four flat tires. While Donna was indefatigable in nearly every respect, he also knew she was as sensitive as anyone when it came to their reputation. He was just signing his name to a memorandum when his receptionist buzzed him. “Senator, there’s a Brandt Mitchell from the Securities and Exchange Commission on line two for you.”

“Thank you, Gina. I’ve actually been looking forward to this call.” He picked up the receiver and spoke. “Mr. Mitchell, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.”

“You’re welcome, senator. I have what is potentially good news for you. My initial investigation shows that the shell corporation which Bond and Williamson used to make their stock purchases utilizes a completely separate account from that of the Krebbs-Crawford campaign. In fact, the banks are in different cities. All of the campaign money goes to Texas Trust in Arlington, while the shell corporation funds are held in Tulsa Savings & Loan in Oklahoma. However, I will continue my investigation as I know this matter is still unfolding.”

“Thank you, Mr. Mitchell,” Dave replied, relief washing over him. “What about Garner Simmons?”

“Clean as a pack of brand-new socks still in the shrinkwrap. I don’t think he’s ever had so much as a parking ticket.” Mitchell cleared his throat. “It is my firm belief he is ignorant to the business dealings of his employers.”

“Again, I can’t thank you enough for this bit of good news. I know that it will be a huge relief to everyone involved with the campaign.”

“You’re welcome, senator. I really hope to not find any culpability in the campaign, because I am tired of dirty dealings in every level of politics. We are still trying to clean up the savings and loan mess here at our office, and I take it personally when someone in a position of financial power tries to game the system.” He stopped, leaving Dave to wonder if his discourse was finished. “Sorry to have to cut this short, Senator Culver, but I have an incoming call I can’t ignore. Have a good day.”

“You too,” Dave replied, “And thank you again for your help.” He returned the receiver to its place and depressed the button to let Gina know the conversation was finished. He went back to the memo he needed to sign. It was too early in the morning to bother Donna, but he made a mental note to get in touch with her at the beginning of his lunch break.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Great update about Donna at Reunion Tower in Dallas! :clap:

I loved the long intro to this update! Lots of details that I really enjoyed! :dance:

Having JR show up after Donna’s speech was definitely a surprise to me! I have to wonder ... :think: ... why JR would even bother to show his face only to say this: “Donna, I would like to speak with you about that story Ralston did last night. I wanted you to know I had nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

I love it when Donna get tough with JR: :girl: “I know nothing about your WestStar deal, but rest assured that Dave is investigating it as we speak. Or didn’t you think that I would have alerted him to potential SEC violations as soon as I became suspicious?” Go Donna!!! :girl: This sentence said a LOT too: “She left him standing there, knowing that the members of the Cartel were only friends to J.R. when he could use them; with Ewing Oil out of the independent game, they were much likelier to align themselves with Cliff and Barnes-Wentworth.” :fantastic:

I’m thrilled that not only the longtime members of the Cartel but also Punk and Mavis were mentioned in this update! :gotcha:

Great decorations in the conference room! Also a great lunch and dessert menu ... ... LOL ... ... I chuckled at Donna’s remark about having to run to her next campaign stop in order to keep from putting on weight! :lolo: And Sue Ellen’s response was unforgettable and so “Sue Ellen-like”: “Unless your next stop is in Dallas, I wouldn’t recommend that.:giggle:

Please update soon! :up: You’re doing a great job with this fanfic! :spinning:

PS. We were never told who called Donna last night, were we? :think: Hope that’s okay that I ask! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Great update from Dave Culver’s office! :dance:

I got a really good laugh out of Dave’s “interpretation” of Roy Ralston: :giggle: “... ... an opportunistic bottom-feeder who changed his allegiances as often as most people changed their socks. His support was as malleable as a piece of aluminum, and his stories were usually as reliable as a car with four flat tires.:lolo:

Interesting input from Mr. Mitchell: Separate bank accounts (in different cities) used for the stock purchases! :oops:

I loved Mr. Mitchell’s statement about Garner Simmons: :DClean as a pack of brand-new socks still in the shrinkwrap. I don’t think he’s ever had so much as a parking ticket. It is my firm belief he is ignorant to the business dealings of his employers.:lolo:

You did an awesome job of describing everything in this scene! :loveit:

I can’t help but wonder, if this was the last update before the holidays, or if you’re going to spoil us with yet another amazing scene before Christmas! :think: Either way, you’re doing an outstanding job with this fanfic! I just wish that I’d ve able to watch the whole thing played out for real on-screen! :best: Keep up th great work! :wink@

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    Finally caught up on this story as well. First of all Donna and Ray's goodbye scene with Margaret was superb. It was a really emotional scene that described what I think many mothers experience when they have to leave their small children to go back to work. :(

Also great job at describing the dirty business and mudslinging that goes on in a political campaign and also the media's role in it. Roy Ralston's type of journalism makes me roll my eyes. It's so obvious he is out after infotainment and sensational stuff rather than serious news.

It's a good thing that Donna has good connections in Washington that is able to sort out the truth from the rumours. I also really enjoyed the reactions of the Ewing family to the news that someone in Donna's campaign had used the campaign funds for personal gain. I could totally picture Clayton and Ray getting all upset about it.

The Bobby and Pam plot though is moving way too slowly for my taste. It's getting tiresome waiting for him to find her. *sigh*
    I know I am not one to talk as I've got plenty of plots that are moving very slowly in my own story too...:D
    But still I think it's safe to say that we're all waiting for the update when Bobby will find Pam!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    You've got that right!!! :gotcha:

However, I'm also worried that the reunion of Bobby and Pam might mean the end of this fanfic! :( ... ... and I'm just not ready for that, not even by a long shot! :mo: The good (or should I say, more of the good) stuff is yet to come once our favorite couples are back together! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I'm happy to hear that you're getting a dose of your own medicine! :giggle: :bh:

I fully second that, Karin!!! :yep:

I seem to remember @Ray&Donna telling you (and the rest of us) that it wouldn't be so much longer before Bobby found Pam! But to my surprise, I had to go all the way back to a message from November 15:
    Unfortunately, it'll most likely be 2018 before we'll have all the Ewings reunited at Southfork! :bye:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    That's true enough. :bh:

I know. I had hoped their reconciliation would have been posted while I was away on vacation. But no I'm still left hanging with the rest of you! :lolo:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,321
    Donna was still so full from her mid-day meal—political luncheons were noteworthy for leaving an attendee stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey—that she hadn’t given a single thought to what she might have sent up from room service for supper. With Dave having delivered encouraging news on the phone—tempering it with the reminder the investigation was ongoing—she thought she would check to see if Ray had made it back from Fort Worth. Regretfully she hadn’t been able to touch base with him since leaving Braddock; with speeches to work on and then the fallout from the week’s breaking news, she had been speaking to everyone but the person with whom she most wanted. She hoped he wouldn’t be too upset—he had been very encouraging to this point—and so she picked up the phone and dialed. At least they were reasonably close in geographic terms; she could have spent the night with him if she wasn’t leaving the hotel early the next morning to hop a flight to San Antonio. Waiting for him to pick up the phone reminded her of the good old days when she was working on the TEC and calling to let him know—oftentimes with an entendre-laden message—that she would be home late. Luckily he picked up on the third ring. “Hello?”

“Ray? I’m glad I caught you at home.”

“Donna.” She could hear the smile in his voice. “I was just about to head to Southfork to pick up Margaret. Miss Ellie said she had a great time today.”

“I’m glad,” Donna said, happy for the fact that Margaret had such a wonderful grandmother in her life. “What about you and Clayton? Did you paint the town red?”

Ray laughed heartily. “No more so than usual. How was your day?”

“Pretty good,” she said. “Dave called and said that the initial investigation shows that none of the campaign money went to buying WestStar stock, or at least as far as the SEC can tell. I had lunch with the Cartel today, and Sue Ellen. Oh, and your brother made an appearance outside the Hyatt.”

“Was he on his best behavior?” Ray asked, his tone straddling the line from frosty to protective.

“It was nothing I couldn’t handle,” she reassured him, twisting the cord around her finger. “I think he was trying to cover his tail, if I’m being honest. He still owes me a debt from the Ewing Oil situation and I have this feeling he’s afraid I’m going to call in his marker.”

“He clearly doesn’t know you, huh?” Ray replied.

“Cowboy, I have so much dirt on him that if I wanted to, I could have him locked away for good. But I would never do that to Miss Ellie or John Ross. I guess you could say we have a détente in place. I wasn’t surprised to see him today, though the fact that he was there at a campaign event is telling. I think it means he supports my candidacy even though he’d never admit it.”

“Yeah,” Ray agreed. “Graham might be a good old boy, but he’s way too dull to ever be J.R.’s cup of tea. Oh, I forgot to tell you—Miss Ellie taught Margaret how to bake cookies today.”

“I imagine she enjoyed the eating more than the baking. The two of you aren’t missing me too much, are you?”

“A little bit,” Ray admitted playfully. “She’s keeping me on my toes, though. Our little girl can’t stay awake for an entire bedtime story, but she seems to want one regardless. I’m happy to oblige. She sleeps like a little angel. I still can’t quite believe that she’s ours, sweetheart. We made that—me, you, and God.”

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,321
    I think J.R. was more or less trying to mark his territory. It didn't make sense that he wouldn't eventually cross swords with Donna in the storyline, especially after the "news item" about her campaign broke.

I think she wound up receiving a call from Garner just to check on her, and probably room service, but nothing else germane to the story :)

We are both trying to balance multiple stories and characters, which is easier said than done. Of course my story is a work in progress, which is why it seems the story can slow to a crawl at certain times. It's a learning experience for me as I've barely written Bobby and Pam in the past.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  13. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    It makes perfect sense, when you put it like that! :loveit:

Thanks! :wink@

You're doing an AWESOME job ... :best: ..., so don't even begin to question yourself or your writing abilities! :mo: And that goes even if I ask for more of "this" or "that"! :) I'm just so much in love with this fanfic, and that's why I sometimes ask for more! :kiss: That's all there is to it! :loveit:

I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed for MANY more updates (although I'm still worried that you may not be spending enough time on the kind of writing that will put money in the bank, roof over your head, food on the table, etc.!). Having said that, I feel so blessed that you're willing to share your outstanding fanfics with us absolutely for free! Thanks a million ... or should I say a trillion or even a centillion! :hat::thank: :bowing

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    I like how Donna and Ray were talking about JR. Cool that he's silently supporting her campaign. :)
    I guess he does owe her since he was able to avoid going to jail for the Calhoun mess.

True. Jenny's and my story is a work in progress too though, as we've added a lot of stuff that was never in the first draft. So there are whole storylines that are completely new and they have to be blended in with the old stuff. So it's not an easy task to make everything gel. But yeah I agree with you that when you balance multiple storylines and characters in the same story you do tend to move at a slower pace than if you write a fanfic that only focus on a pairing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    Beautiful scene with Donna and Ray! :jolly:

I liked the first part in which we got some insight into Donna's life on the road as well as her emotional state! :gotcha: I especially noted these beautiful words that you "sneaked in": "... ... she had been speaking to everyone but the person with whom she most wanted." :kiss:

You really make me laugh when you use metaphors: "... ... political luncheons were noteworthy for leaving an attendee stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey ... ...". :lolo:

"She could hear the smile in his voice." :kiss: I love it! :up:

Would JR even know what "being on your best behavior" means? :think: I totally get why Ray immediately felt the need to protect his lady! :box:

You really know that this fanfic is staged in the 90's, since Donna was "twisting the cord around her finger." :clap: Excellent job on adding this detail about the type of telephones used! :)

Cute that Miss Ellie baked cookies with her granddaughter! :dance:I'm gonna guess that Margaret (like most kids) ate a lot of cookie dough during the baking process! And thus, Miss Ellie probably ended up with fewer cookies than expected! :lol:

Absolutely beautiful statement by Ray at the end of the scene! :gotcha: I especially liked this part: "Our little girl can’t stay awake for an entire bedtime story, but she seems to want one regardless. I’m happy to oblige. She sleeps like a little angel. I still can’t quite believe that she’s ours, sweetheart. We made that—me, you, and God.” :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Please update soon! :best:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    Uh-uh, this story is not staged in the 1990's but the late 1980's. I mean Margaret was born in 1987 and she's still a toddler in this story.
    Still the point you're trying to make about the telephone and the cord is still valid. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    At first, I thought about writing "in another century", and I should have gone with my initial instinct, right? :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    Yikes in another century makes it sound so old! :eck:
    Seriously where did the time go. Also how is it possible that kids born in 1987 like Margaret and Lucas are now 30 years old! :eek:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,321
    Maybe that's why I prefer older shows--aside from THE X-FILES (which made copious use of cellphones) it is nice to revisit the era when you couldn't get in touch with someone unless you dialed them on a home phone. No email, no text messages, no Facebook or Twitter...

Also, there are people who I can remember as babies that now have children of their own. That's how I know I am older than I feel! :lol:

:ny1:

Donna felt a tear prick at the corner of her eye—not because she was sad, but rather at Ray’s beautiful words. “I love you, Ray. I’d better let you get to her and your dinner.”

“I love you too, Mrs. Krebbs. Are you still coming home this weekend?”

Donna frowned to herself. “I really hope so, but I don’t want to make any guarantees. Despite—or perhaps because of—what Graham said about me, the campaign has gained new momentum this week. I’m flying to San Antone in the morning, and then headed back to Houston for an afternoon rally. Afterward I’m flying up to Fort Worth, and then Luke and I will make a joint appearance in Austin. We still need to hit Lubbock, Corpus Christi, and Galveston, and back to El Paso again at some point. I’m not boring you, am I?”

Ray chuckled. “I could never get bored listening to your voice, Donna. It gets me kinda…”

“Hot and bothered?” she supplied helpfully.

“Something like that,” he replied. She could imagine a blush creeping over his tanned face, and feeling the heat on her lips when she kissed his cheek. “Maybe I could get Miss Ellie to keep Maggie for the night and drive over to your hotel when you’re in Fort Worth. It’s been a while since we ordered room service.”

Donna sighed, because she was going to have to dash Ray’s hopes. “I would love that,” she said, “but it’s a morning appearance, so I won’t be staying there overnight.”

“What about Austin?”

“I’d like that, but I can’t say how much time we’d be able to squeeze in. There might be a dinner after the rally, and it’s hard to sneak away from those things—especially when you’re the guest of honor.”

“You’re definitely my favorite,” he reminded her. “I hate to cut this short, but I’ve got a dinner of my own to get to, and a little girl waiting for me. Goodbye, Donna.”

“Give her a kiss for me, cowboy. Goodbye, Ray.” She returned the phone to the bedside table and exhaled. Life at Southfork was going on without her, and each day the she worked to achieve her dream was one more day without Ray and Margaret. She knew it would be worth it in the end, but that didn’t make the separation any easier. As she waited for her stomach to need food again, she opted to work on her speech for the people of San Antonio.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    I know what you mean. I definitely feel younger than I am too! :D

Oh and cute update with Ray and Donna. Seems like they are having some trouble to plan for some quality time together now when she's on the campaign trail.

• Like Like x 1