The Cowboy and the Lady

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Ray&Donna, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Beautiful second part of Ray and Donna's phone conversation! :kiss:

Honestly, I get exhausted just listening to Donna's campaign schedule! How does she cope? :think:

It was quite sad that Donna wasn't able to promise Ray that she could make it home on the weekend! :( And she wasn't able to squeeze him into her busy calendar either! :(

I really enjoyed this part: :loveit:
    "Life at Southfork was going on without [Donna], and each day the she worked to achieve her dream was one more day without Ray and Margaret. She knew it would be worth it in the end, but that didn’t make the separation any easier."

The majority part of this update was somewhat sad (which is perfectly fine, since life isn't always perfect). But it was nice that I was able to crack a smile, when I read this part of their conversation: :giggle:
    • I could never get bored listening to your voice, Donna. It gets me kinda…” :dance:
    • “Hot and bothered?” :cooler:
    I'll be looking forward to another update real soon! :jum: Because you do know that ... ... :best: , right??? :cool1

:ny6: :ny1: :ny7: :ny3: :ny1: :ny6:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    Sorry for the delay between updates! It has been a busy, stressful, and cold-weather filled few weeks! I am just now getting back on my regular schedule. :jumpingsnow:

Something fortuitous happened when Bobby stopped to fill his tank that night: a casual glance at a newspaper headline showed his former sister-in-law, Donna Culver Krebbs, speaking in front of a crowd of thousands as part of her gubernatorial campaign. Curiosity piqued, he added the paper to his usual supply of caffeinated drinks and high-protein granola bars. He didn’t have time to check out the articles at the moment, for he was still on his way to Arkansas. The prospect of Donna as governor of Texas gave him hope for the future, and he wondered if providence hadn’t intervened in his journey. He only edged his way into Texas because of a severe flash-flood that had closed numerous highways in Oklahoma; otherwise he would have bypassed his home state completely. Traveling the deserted highway in the darkness, his eyes scanned for a place where he could pull off and safely catch a few hours of sleep before he resumed his journey. He took a right at the first turn, driving until the only lights he saw came from fireflies that were as itinerant as he. Spotting a copse of trees, he safely left the narrow road and parked the van behind them. Cracking a window and shutting down the engine, he drank from a canteen and sighed. Wherever Pam was, he just hoped she hadn’t given up hope. He would travel to the ends of the earth if he had to, but he was going to bring her home to their son, even if he died trying.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    It seems like you've had more snow than we have this winter!

Nice with a Bobby update, seems like he's really been out of it if he hasn't even heard that Donna is running for governor before!

I love how you worded this one. :kiss: It reminds me a bit of an old song "Standing on the edge of the Earth" but the name of the artist has escaped me...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    It was wonderful to get an update about Bobby's whereabouts! :spinning:

Perhaps it was a sign from God that Bobby "happened" to drive through Texas on his way to Arkansas and therefore got to see the newspaper article about his friend and former sister-in-law! I really liked what it did to Bobby: "The prospect of Donna as governor of Texas gave him hope for the future, and he wondered if providence hadn’t intervened in his journey." :kiss:

Interesting that Bobby didn't bother getting a hotel room for the night: "Traveling the deserted highway in the darkness, his eyes scanned for a place where he could pull off and safely catch a few hours of sleep before he resumed his journey. He took a right at the first turn, driving until the only lights he saw came from fireflies that were as itinerant as he. Spotting a copse of trees, he safely left the narrow road and parked the van behind them." Just beautiful writing! :gotcha:

I loved the ending of this update as I've been praying for a long time for Bobby to find Pam soon: "Wherever Pam was, he just hoped she hadn’t given up hope. He would travel to the ends of the earth if he had to, but he was going to bring her home to their son, even if he died trying." :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Please update really soon! I'm so excited to learn what happens next! :jolly::best:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150

We've had some, but mainly it's been too cold to go outside for anything nonessential! Yesterday was the first time the temperature had gone above freezing since Christmas!

Clayton’s sleep was somewhat erratic that night, as he was attuned to his wife’s feelings of disquiet. Though she had put on a good show at the dinner table, he could tell that something was bothering Ellie. He was unsurprised, then, when she got out of bed less than an hour after that lain down, put on her robe, and walked toward the French doors that overlooked the ranch and the road into Braddock. “Ellie?” he asked softly in the moonlight that streamed into the room she had once shared with Jock. “Anything I can do?”

She smiled, but her gaze remained on the window. “I apologize, Clayton. I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

“There’s no need to apologize,” he said quickly. “I knew that something had been on your mind, at least since I got back from Fort Worth.”

Miss Ellie’s smile became more fragile. “I had such a wonderful time with little Margaret today. It made me think back to those times when Lucy was small, and I was doing my best to raise her even though I had no experience with girls. Then my thoughts turned to Bobby and Pam and the babies they lost, and how the grandchildren we had planned for were never to be. Oh, I know fate has other plans when it comes to these things, but I remembered Pam’s happiness and overwhelming joy when Bobby brought home little Christopher. Jock died very quickly afterward and even though we were all at loose ends, the joy of having a baby in the house never abated. How much Pam must miss him! While I raised Lucy and love her as much as anyone could, Pam was truly the daughter I never had. We were able to bond in a way I never was with Sue Ellen, possibly because her own mother was such an omnipotent presence in her life, regardless of their geographic proximity.”

“Patricia looms large in the life of her daughter, that’s for sure,” Clayton replied. “But it’s your counsel that Sue Ellen would seek nine times out of ten, before she’d even ring her mother.”

“Yes, I suppose you’re right. Still, do you think I’m doing a good enough job as Christopher’s surrogate mother? I don’t have the energy I used to.”

“You are doing the best job you can do, Ellie. He is lucky to have you. And what we lack in energy, we make up for in wisdom. Hopefully.”

Looking away from the glass, she met his eyes and her smile broadened. “Clayton Farlow, you always know just how to turn my mood around!”

“Hey,” he replied with a grin, “you didn’t just marry me for my singing ability!”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Amazing update with Miss Ellie and Clayton! :dance:

I love how you wrote their characters! :) I also love how Clayton was able to tell that something was up with his wife! ;)

Beautiful "speech" by Miss Ellie! :spinning: It was so nice how she took a trip down memory lane! :love7: She covered quite a few "topics", but it worked really well! :jolly:

My favorite lines from Clayton (to Miss Ellie) has to be:
    • Patricia looms large in the life of her daughter, that’s for sure. But it’s your counsel that Sue Ellen would seek nine times out of ten, before she’d even ring her mother.:gotcha:
    • You didn’t just marry me for my singing ability!:kiss:

Interesting (in a positive way) that Miss Ellie questioned her own ability to provide adequate maternal love towards her grandson! I have no doubt that she is doing an incredible job being Christopher's "rock"! And thus, I agree with everything Clayton said about this topic! :jolly:

I'll be hoping for another update later this week! :yep: Keep up the great work with this fanfic! :best:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Awesome update with Miss Ellie and Clayton. I love how he's so supportive of Ellie.
    Also I think Miss Ellie is too old to be Christopher's surrogate mother. It was different with Lucy as she's just some 10 years younger than Bobby.
    So Miss Ellie should just concentrate on being the best grandma she can be. :)

I think Miss Ellie referred to Pam as the daughter she never had on the show too. So that was a nice touch.

Although in some ways I do think Miss Ellie were more like a mother than grandma to Lucy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    In a seedy, run-down bar near the Louisiana state line, three men held a secret meeting. While each of them had a similar goal, none of them could be construed as looking out for any interests but their own. The wealthiest of the two had been waiting impatiently for their compatriot to arrive, and were somewhat relieved when he finally did. He appeared through the smoky haze like some kind of specter, wearing a pair of glasses with tinted lenses.

“Did anyone see you come in?” the man on the left whispered.

“Of course not,” he hissed back. “Besides, this is hardly the crowd who would be caught watching a current-events show regardless of the topic.”

He was correct, for a change. The joint was little more than a shack where the deeply-lined faces of troubled souls came to escape their homes and places of work. The beer was watered down to the point of looking like scared water, and the jukebox played every third note as though it wanted to be put out of its misery, but between the haze of cigarette smoke and conversation no one seemed to notice. “Audience or not, we can’t be too careful. You totally bungled that information we leaked to your station.”

“How so? The candidate is more popular than ever before, or wasn’t that what you wanted?”

“Listen, you little pass-ant. We spent a fortune making sure J.R, didn’t get his grimy paws all over WestStar, and we can’t even get you to discredit the entire Ewing family.”

“Yeah, Graham laid a huge goose egg on your show. Even the audience was ready to pelt tomatoes at you.”

“I can’t remember—what was your beef with the Ewings again?”

The man at whom the question was directed seethed, but stopped just short of slamming his fist into the table. No need to draw unnecessary attention to themselves. “Jock Ewing had my father murdered in cold blood. He was as pernicious a man who ever lived in the state of Texas, and years later when I confronted him and J.R. all they did was laugh at me like a pair of hyenas. I swore then and there I’d get my revenge on them and their whole corrupt family.”

“So Mrs. Krebbs…?”

“Is just a pawn in, thanks to you, a rapidly failing plan. She’s as ignorant of our goals as she is of public policy. Clearly we should have picked another patsy.”

“Someone like Cliff Barnes, who was my first suggestion, but Senator Culver was having none of it. All of these goody-goody politicians are ruining both the state and the country.”

“So the KDAL report…”

“Was supposed to have implicated J.R. and no one else. It’s not a stretch, given his history, to think that he could have laundered money from his sister-in-law’s campaign via an intermediary.”

The man shook his head. “I’m not fan of J.R., but he’s a lot smarter than either of you is giving him credit for. It took the FBI and one impoverished widow to finally accomplish what scores of Texans had failed at—to bring down the Ewing Empire.”

“That’s just the problem,” the man on the right reminded him. “They barely sustained any lasting damage from the indictments.”

“Thanks to Donna Krebbs,” the third man realized, connecting the dots, “and now they’re funding her campaign to take control of the state government.”

“Exactly,” the impatient one said. “That took you, what, all of six months to figure out?”

The man in the glasses shot a glare at him that might have intimidated a lesser man. “Seeing as how you just brought me in on all of this,” he spat, “you might be a little gentler in your tone. Or have you forgotten that I’m the one holding all of the cards here?”

Silence rolled across the corner booth. In the background the jukebox continued to play out of tune, and the bartender accidentally shattered a glass as he refilled it from the tap. A woman cackled loudly in response to a lewd punch-line. “You have as much to lose from this as we do,” Harrison Bond reminded him. “Your lucrative spot on television, your public standing, your standing weekly appointment with a certain high-class call girl…”

“You wouldn’t dare,” Roy Ralston stammered, glancing from one man to the other.

Shaw Williamson gave him a look that turned the blood in his veins to ice. “I’d throw my own mother to the wolves if she betrayed me.” He leaned in closer, as Ralston cowered in the neon light. “You just remember that, Roy, the next time you threaten one of us.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Politics sure is dirty. Of course they try to control the media (Ralston)...

And yeah maybe they had had better luck if they'd just tried to throw mud at JR as he usually does dirty business too so it's not such a hard stretch to believe that there's some dirt there! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Great update from the run-down bar in Eastern Texas! :spinning: A very different update if compared to the others, but never the less, I'm quite intrigued! :gotcha:

I remember Roy Ralston, but unfortunately, the names of Harrison Bond and Shaw Williamson don't ring a bell! :think: Can I get a hint, please? ;)

Didn't Jock and his sons cross paths (while hunting) with a guy who felt Jock had cheated him in some kind of business deal when Jock was rather young? :think: I'm not able to put the bits and pieces of this update together with the rest of the fanfic yet, but I'm excited to learn more! :)

My favorite part of this update in terms of the written words used has to be this one: :cool1
    "Silence rolled across the corner booth. In the background the jukebox continued to play out of tune, and the bartender accidentally shattered a glass as he refilled it from the tap. A woman cackled loudly in response to a lewd punch-line."

Please update soon! :best::think:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    I can hardly wait for the next update, @Ray&Donna! :hug: No rush, of course! :embarrassed:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    They are the party bigwigs with whom Donna met after returning home to Texas, in Dave's office way back in the early days of this story ;)

It would be interesting if they had referenced Jock's misdeeds at Caddo Lake in later years, but they were too busy turning him into a saint. We all have a habit of doing those with people who have passed on--it's human nature. The point of the scene, ultimately, was that Donna is succeeding mightily in her campaign despite dirty dealings happening internally and externally!

Apologies for the long weight! Last week there was a major winter storm, and then I was in the hospital having my head worked upon again...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Welcome back Tommie. I am so glad that your surgery went well and that you are back among us. :ch:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    I completely forgot to post an update when I replied! Oops. Back on the campaign trail... :)

“I guess I need to wait until after the campaign to relieve Roy Ralston of his teeth, huh?” Luke asked as they waited inside the capitol building for their time onstage.

Donna laughed. “Probably a good idea,” she said, studying him thoughtfully. “I never would’ve taken you for a brawler, Luke.”

He pushed the ever-defiant glasses up his nose and smiled as he glanced her way. “I was the smallest kid in every grade from kindergarten through my senior year. There was nothing physically wrong with me—the doctor assured my mother of that fact—but I didn’t reach my full height until the second year of college, and so I had to learn at a young age how to fight my own battles. If I was Roy Ralston, I would check around every corner to make sure your ex-husband wasn’t waiting for me.”

“Yes,” she agreed, her eyes shining as she recalled the times which Ray had defended her honor, even though he knew she was confident enough to take on any and all challengers. “He’s skilled at things like that. I once told a man who intimated that I would have fooled around with him during my first marriage that Ray was as strong as a bulldozer. It didn’t quite put him off, but his wishes never came to pass. The conflict between Ray and I was always internal, even at the very end when it became clear he wanted to move on with another woman. But he thought I had moved on already so some of his hurt was justified.”

“Not to get too personal, but is he intimidated by your political acumen?”

Donna nodded. “Somewhat. In the past it was much worse, because he couldn’t view us as equals. Part of our reconciliation has been that we don’t let things fester; if there is an issue, we discuss it calmly and rationally. Being a parent shifts your perspectives as well as your roles. You can still pursue goals and do things you enjoy, but you have to become less selfish when it comes to the time you have to make for the little one who needs your care and guidance. Of course Ray is getting better acquainted with her, and her grandparents love spending time with Margaret, as they had resigned themselves to her growing up in Washington. She may have acquired a certain amount of culture there, but I am glad to be raising her in my home state. We’re going to make it a great place to grow up, not just for my child but for everyone’s.”

“I was feeling kinda nervous,” Luke admitted, “but your confidence is infectious. It’s no wonder you’ve been the frontrunner from the time you entered the race. Not only do you know what you’re doing, but you give that impression to others, and they can’t help but respect and want to vote for you.”

“Thank you,” she replied, “but it took years of hard work for me to gain that confidence. After this election, you’ll be able to write your own ticket. You could succeed me in the governor’s office, and then maybe run for president.”

He gave her a look of utter surprise. She watched him swallow, and then stammer out a response. “You’re serious?” His eyebrows arched to match his words.

“Absolutely I am. People like Roy Ralston will help toughen you up until your skin is as impenetrable as the toughest piece of rawhide leather. I mean, people threw every name in the book at me after I married Sam. They thought I was after his money, or trying to advance myself in society, or any number of things. Eventually I realized that they had no power to tear me down—the only person who could do that to me was myself.”

“I’ll try to remember that,” he said. “So how was your trip of East Texas?”

“Capacity crowds at every stop,” she elucidated, “and throngs of well-wishers in each city. It’s clear that we have a lot of momentum that we need to carry through to Election Day. And your tour of West Texas?”

“Hot,” he said with a laugh, pretending to fan himself. “Lots of friendly people; fundraising dinners with crab-stuffed steak; tumbleweeds and jackrabbits; Stetsons as big as the house in Giant. If it was Graham’s stronghold in the past, it doesn’t seem to be now.”

“Garner thinks he overplayed his hand by going on Ralston’s show and slandering us so quickly after the primaries. I can’t help but wonder what he’s got up his sleeve next.”

“Yeah, it’s still a long time until November. What about the news story?”

“In confidence?”

“Of course.”

“Not to leave the two of us.”

“Cross my heart,” Luke said, doing the motion over his chest to emphasize his trustworthiness.

“Senator Culver has the SEC looking into it, and thus far it looks like Mr. Bond and Mr. Williamson used an Oklahoma bank for buying shares. For obvious reasons, our war chest stays here in Texas. Even if it turns out we’re in the clear, I still want them kicked out of the party leadership. It’s clear they can’t be trusted.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” Luke said. “But how do you plan to accomplish that?”

Donna placed a finger to her mouth. “I won’t have to.” She glanced at him and then toward the dais outside where Cliff was introducing them. With the applause beginning, she knew it was their time to take the stage. Before launching into her speech, she asked the crowd to applaud Luke, their state’s next lieutenant governor. Luke spoke for a bit about his upbringing and his thoughts on their state’s future, and then Donna reiterated her ideas on policy, healthcare, and job growth. The applause, adulation, and cheers were wonderful, but she couldn’t help but think how much she needed a good eight hours of sleep.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Honestly, I just thought that you were recovering from your surgery! :j1:

Thus, if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have guessed it! :hat:
    Just out of curiosity, did you write the scene before or after the doctors "worked" on your head? :think:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Great scene from the campaign trail! :jolly:

Donna can be funny at times: “I never would’ve taken you for a brawler, Luke.:giggle:

And the same can be said about Luke: “... ... If I was Roy Ralston, I would check around every corner to make sure your ex-husband wasn’t waiting for me.:lol:

I enjoyed listening to Donna reflecting upon her past: “The conflict between Ray and I was always internal, even at the very end when it became clear he wanted to move on with another woman. But he thought I had moved on already so some of his hurt was justified.

You keep on astonishing me with your amazing and - in my opinion - very accurate insight regarding parenthood even though you don't have children of your own: “Being a parent shifts your perspectives as well as your roles. You can still pursue goals and do things you enjoy, but you have to become less selfish when it comes to the time you have to make for the little one who needs your care and guidance.:yep:

LOL ... :lmao: ... You do have a way with words! I loved Donna's summary of her time spent in Eastern Texas: “Capacity crowds at every stop, and throngs of well-wishers in each city.:lmao:

I imagine that @Karin Schill will be very pleased that you included a reference to the old movie, "Giant": “Stetsons as big as the house in Giant.:dance:

Beautiful ending to the scene: "The applause, adulation, and cheers were wonderful, but she couldn’t help but think how much she needed a good eight hours of sleep." :love7:

I'll be looking forward to the next update of this outstanding fanfic! :best:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Oh yes @Ms Southworth I am pleased in deed that there was a reference to "Giant" as it's one of my favorite movies. :)
    Speaking of which, have you managed to watch any more of the Elizabeth Taylor movies you bought yet?

If you have let me know what you think of them in the Elizabeth & Richard thread in the movie section of the board... :kiss:

Sorry for going OT Tommie. But your story sort of invited to it! ;)

Great reference to "Giant", which we do know partly inspired our favorite TV show! :spinning:

I like how Donna was so supporting of Luke and tried to encourage him. That shows that she is a great leader, since a great leader takes the time to notice the people around her/him and realize that the people on their team all has a part in their success. :hat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    No such luck, unfortunately! :embarrassed:

I hadn't thought about this until you brought it up, but I completely agree! :) Great writing! :dance:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Great updates Ray&Donna.:) I still enjoy reading your story. :)I hope Bobby locates Pam soon so he can bring her back home to her brother Cliff, his family, and their son Christopher. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    “And the princess and the knight lived happily ever after.” Ray closed the storybook and looking into the sleepy blue eyes of his daughter. She tried to hide a yawn but he caught her as she put her hand to her mouth, smiling as she tried to conceal her drowsiness. “Well,” he drawled, “it looks to me like you ought to be getting to bed, little lady.” He stopped to yawn himself before continuing. “Me too,” he said with a grin.

“’Nother story?” she asked quietly, as though sharing a secret. Ray glanced to the clock atop the chest and nodded. Yes, they had time to spare. Five or ten minutes wouldn’t hurt where Margaret’s sleep was concerned; she would easily make it up during a nap.

“How about I tell you a true story?” he offered, and she nodded approvingly before sinking deeper into his embrace. “Once upon a time, a cowboy met and fell in love with a lady. As much as they loved each other, he didn’t think they had anything in common. He wanted to get married, but the time wasn’t right for her and so they went their separate ways. He decided to sulk for a while, thinking that they would never be together. She left town for a time and when she returned they fell in love again. He was still too stubborn to love her the way she needed him to and this time it was the cowboy who ended things. He was a big dummy, sweetheart. The lady resumed her travels and again the cowboy moped and brooded, acting like he wasn’t hurt by what had happened. The lady returned home to live and the cowboy was still too afraid to tell her how he felt.”

“Why?” Margaret asked softly.

Ray chuckled. “Like I said, he was a dummy. Finally they found themselves together and he decided he couldn’t live without her. It was love, and they were married. But no matter how good things were between them, he would always find some way to mess it up. He was more of a frog than a prince.” He smiled and Margaret crinkled her nose. “She loved him anyway. He fell down and she picked him back up. He said awful things to her and still she loved him.”

“Why?”

“Like I said, he was stubborn , and not sure about how he could measure up to someone so beautiful and smart.” Ray tapped the toddler on the nose with the tip of his index finger. “You are beautiful and smart, too. Don’t ever forget that. Anyone who doesn’t think you’re the smartest girl in the world will have me to answer to.” He winked at her. “Now where was I? Oh yes, the cowboy and the lady had some good years together before blood and oil started to pull them apart. Lucky you,” Ray said distractedly, “never having to deal with the struggles of such an ugly business. Anyway, the lady had about all she could put up with, and the cowboy wanted her to move back home more than he wanted to compromise, so she left and he figured that was the end of it.

“Fate had other plans, though, little angel. The lady came back and soon she lassoed the cowboy’s heart again. They plan to stay together forever this time.” He looked toward the ceiling and smiled. That was his hope, anyway—that he and his lady would find a way to make it work despite their vastly different lives. Feeling that he might conk out right in the chair, he glanced down to find that Margaret’s eyes had closed and she was now breathing the soft snore of a sleeping toddler. Gently he placed her in the princess bed, pulled the covers up to her chin, and kissed her forehead. Smiling at the sight that greeted him, he turned out the light and headed for his own bed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1