SoapLand - The Battle Of The Dreams and Flashbacks - The Result

Discussion in 'SoapLand - The Battles' started by Richard Channing, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,472
    Medals:
    No. I think she finally remembered that he just wanted to talk to her. She had been having headaches before, perhaps anxiety. Adam didn't try it on with her and that was settled on The Colbys.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,444
    Sorry Pam and Bobby my number one flashback this time is

1. Fallon recalls to Alexis that she shot Rodger Grimes. I thought that was amazing and touching and surprising and Emma was great!

2. Pam and Bobby’s wedding sequence in 1986. I wanted to like it more than I did. The thought was there

3. Alexis dreams she kisses Blake. I always wanted to them get together too. That would’ve given the show a whole new lease of life, been interesting and prob extended the shows run for a season or two

4. Sue Ellen’s dream inside the dream trying to escape JR

5. Diggers Hutch flashback guest starring VP as Rebecca

Honourable mention to Pam’s ‘am I dreaming?’ comment in the dream. Oh dear

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,056
    1. Who done it

Undoubtedly the most anticipated moment in soap history, watched by 360 million people around the world, this flashback finally revealed what we'd all been dying to know for months, who shot JR? Simply iconic.

2. Angela remembers

maxresdefault.jpg

The only ever use of a meta-flashback in any of the Primetime soaps, where actual footage of an actor in earlier film is used to tell a part of the shows history. Falcon Crest is dropping a major bombshell on us, and a pretty far fetched and out-there one at that, so to sell it to us they employ this technique and it actually really works. Since there has never been any mention of a son that died they will it into existence and have the footage to prove it.

3. Sable's nightmare

This is wonderfully camp and dramatic. All of Sable's worst fears played out it one little sequence. She's a stranger in her own home, and her conniving sister has taken her place as Jason's wife and lady of the house. And it's fun to see Frankie be a bitch and say "get her out of here". Maybe it would have been more fun if she'd been like that more often.

4. Lucy's very first kidnapping

Val takes us back to an important moment in both Dallas and Knots Landing's history, as she relives the events of the night when JR's good 'ol boys stole baby Lucy away from her. And JR is not the only villain of the piece, as we get to see what a selfish lush Lilimae was back in the day, and that had it not been for her callousness the kidnapping could have been avoided.

5. Julia's nightmare

upload_2017-10-25_18-18-58.png

Falcon Crest has some quite creative dream sequences and this was a particularly fun one. As Julia's sanity slips away her obsession with her mother worsens, as does her frustration that no matter what she does she will never escape her. In her dream everyone she encounters in the prison turns out to be Angela. It's cookie and it's creepy.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,541
    1) The marriage that started it all in 1978, viewed as a flashback almost nine years later: This was the last great year for one of the eighties' favourite couples Pam and Bobby. Their first marriage was viewed as a flashback, before they were to get hitched again - DALLAS.

2) The baby from 45 years ago: In a twist which would alter dynamics Angela recalls the sequence of events in the hospital, after reading Peter's letter as to who Richard's mother really was - FALCON CREST.

3) Who shot the bad guy of all bad guys: Bets were placed on 'Who Shot J.R.?' However it wasn't until the autumn of 1980 when we discovered in a series of flashbacks that his sister in law Kristin (played by Mary Crosby) pulled the trigger. She tried her best to frame Sue Ellen - DALLAS.

4) Alexis kissing Blake: The first Mrs. Carrington deep down never gave up on her love, for the silver haired oil tycoon. He was married to her rival now but in a very romantic forty winks we see the English diva kissing the father of her children. This teased fans wanting something like this in real time - DYNASTY.

5) Lucy is separated from Val: Gary's spouse remembers the night baby Lucy was taken away, by J.R.'s goons. Grandma Clements didn't help either - KNOTS LANDING.

Victoria Principal is having a snooze in LA. Patrick Duffy knocks on the door, of her bedroom, (a scene from the reunion 'Return To Southfork'; DVD-4, 2004):

Patrick: "Victoria.....Victoria!"

Victoria: "Oh Patrick!"

Patrick: "Victoria the charity people are waiting downstairs. You're gonna be late, for the lunch."

Victoria: "I fell asleep but listen I had the most vivid dream. I dreamed the entire cast of DALLAS was at Southfork, for a really big reunion and it was so real."

Patrick: "Not again!"

Victoria winks and smiles at the camera. The end. The theme music starts and the credits appear.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +238
    1. The final episode for J.R.'s nightmare (Dallas, Season 14)

2. Digger's flashback of Hutch's murder (Dallas, Season 3)

3. Flashback for 'Who Shot J.R.?' reveal (Dallas, Season 4)

4. Bobby and Pam's first wedding (Dallas, Season 10)

5. Sue Ellen's nightmare trying to escape J.R. with John Ross (Dallas, Season 9)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,354
    Medals:
    1. KNOTS LANDING - Valene's complete Knots flashback.
    Gary's Tidal Dream is over and he lost the ranch. The black sheep Ewings are back to square one and move into their house in the cul-de-sac.
    Valene herself hasn't been away that long but now they're going to re-inhabit the house - Miss Ellie's gift - as a couple (and the kids,of course).
    She opens the door and looks into the empty living room which triggers a flashback of her and Richard and the famously missing light bulb.
    upload_2019-3-19_2-5-41.png
    She goes from room to room and there's audio flashbacks of her and Gary and Lilimae etc. Her history is our history and I think that's what makes it so special.

2. DYNASTY - Fallon dreams of Roger Grimes
    I think this was the first time that a male Dynasty character was portrayed as a sexual danger. And there's so much Freudian subtext of her replacing her mother eventhough she wasn't aware of it at the time she had those dreams. Eventually she'd go back to her The Colbys "don't make me remember!"-mode, but the Roger Dream was very enchanting.

3. DALLAS - Sue Ellen remembers what started the fire at Southfork
    upload_2019-3-19_2-24-10.png
    A Happy Wedding card in the hospital gift shop triggers a flashback memory of her being drunk and burning John Ross and Pamela's happy wedding invitation.
    What makes this flashback so different is that it's filmed from a drunken point of view, the hazy scenes are exactly how she experienced it - and it was also an interesting not-dunit.

4. THE COLBYS - Sable's nightmare
    I could call it camp but I think it's more than that because it looks like an intentional parody of the glossy 1950s melodramas.
    The visuals and even the vocals are particularly zany, maybe there's a name for this kind of comedy.
    "My house...my house..."
    But that's the whole point, Sable. It's not your house.

5. KNOTS LANDING - Valene's nightmare
    "Hiiiii! I think you got something that's mine"
    upload_2019-3-19_2-46-24.png
    This is an equally absurd, almost child-like dream. Gary is a person without free will, he really belongs to Abby.
    Abby isn't hostile, she's as cuckoo as the Queen Of Hearts, nevertheless she's disturbing Valene's romantic fantasy.
    upload_2019-3-19_2-52-18.png
    The scenery looks weirdly fake as they walk away into nothingness.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,056
    Thursday is your last day to vote.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,472
    Medals:
    I am doing mine now as I type.. Honest. I've been away in Prague for a few days just got back late last night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,472
    Medals:
    1. Fallon Remembers - Dynasty.
    This is just fabulous. It's part Hitchcock's Marnie, it's also a throw back to that early gothic-ness hinted at in season 2 when Alexis arrived. It's all cobweb strewn, and forgotten pasts. That '60s Dynasty all rich with history. It also neatly links all the past in with the main plotline of season 9. It links Grimes to the Nazi Treasure. It's implausible and outlandish and it's been more than a little fast and loose with continuity but it works! Dark hidden secrets, so deep and buried and repressed that nobody knows what's truth and what's a lie anymore.. Isn't that what Dynasties are? Joan and Emma are just amazing in this scene, it's one of the best of the show's run.

2. Sable's Nightmare - The Colbys.
    What's worse than your sister stealing your husband and your house? Having drug induced dreams where she also steals your jewellery and frock then hangs her hideous portrait right on your lovely beige landing. Absolute nightmare.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,472
    Medals:
    3. Who Shot JR Revealed - Dallas
    What's so great is beyond the big reveal it's the little sting in the tail at the end... "Jock Ewing's grandson - Jail baby!" brilliant!

4. Val and Gary Dance to Only You - Knots Landing
    I guess that this is a flashback or is it a montage? I don't care, nothing gets me right in the feels like Val and Gary.

5. More Val and Gary dancing - Knots Landing
    Because you just cant have enough Gary and Val. Even when she doesn't know who she is, she knows who she loves. Ahhh… Now, I'm off for a cry.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,056
    The results are in....

1. Angela remembers (23 points)

maxresdefault.jpg

2. Bobby and Pam's first wedding (20 points)

upload_2019-3-14_19-40-16.png

3. Who shot JR (13 points)

dallas 9.jpg

4. Sable's nightmare (12 points)

Colbys27.jpg

4. Fallon remembers (11 points)

p1v5Kop.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,054
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    What´s next? What´s next? Top 5 pets? Top 5 cameos from a non-acting person? Top 5 biggest hairdos?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,056
    Actually you might remember this was the first ever Soapland battle. Abby won it.

knots-landing-image.jpg

As for what's next, let's see what Willie has in store for us...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,354
    Medals:
    Congratulations, FALCON CREST![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1