The end of Terri.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    Medals:
    Was there a place for Terri in the show, as Maggie and Richard grew closer. Some fans believe it was Melissa who should have died in the earthquake and not Terri. The blonde vixen uttered her last words to hubby: "Richard what about me?" prior to the ceiling collapsing on her. What are your thoughts?

Angela and Greg are in the study, discussing Stavros Shipping. Chao-Li welcomes a visitor, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Chao-Li: "Excuse me Mrs. Channing. Terri Ranson is here to see you."

Chao-Li joins the rest of them in the study, saying nothing but listening a lot.

Terri: "Hello all!"

Angela: "For someone unannounced you could learn better timing."

Terri: "I merely wanted to thank you, for your terrific advice."

Angela: "What advice?"

Terri: "That I take Richard up on his offer, to become a partner in Tuscany Downs. You have no idea the opportunity it as opened up for me."

Greg: "Well do you expect us to prise it out of you?"

Terri: "Greg you can be such a bore sometimes."

Terri: "It is not official yet but I wanted you to be the first to know that in a very short time I'll be changing my name."

Angela: "Ah! You're going to Hollywood and trying your luck at acting."

Terri: "No Angela. I'm planning on becoming the next Mrs. Richard Channing. Don't bother congratulating me. I know how busy you are. Ta ta!"

• Like Like x 4
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,362
    Medals:
    I wish they hadn't killed her off. But i wouldn't want them killing Melissa either. Why not keep them both? They were both on before as well, so what's the problem? They could have easily paired her later with Frank Agretti, just as one example. He was her perfect loot schematic anyway.
    If you have capable writers, you find something interesting to do for your cast. If not, then fire the writers, but not the actors! Laura Johnson was just SO perfect for Falcon Crest! I think i mourned her even more than i did Chase.. :(

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +622
    Medals:
    There was more they could have done with Terri, the axe fell too soon. For example Eric could have been more memorable if he was paired with Laura's character. I wouldn't wanted to have missed Melissa gaining Angela's mansion and the business, so a fatal exit for her as season 5 finishes would have been a no no, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Medals:
    I was sorry to see her go. Quite often Maggie's baby sister was side splittingly funny. Ta ta now!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,177
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Terry should have not been killed. Instead they brought us NuVickie, who was as boring as dull water and belonged to the Karen Cellini School of Acting. Terry could have left the town for awhile, and then return in Season 8 (when she was so much needed!) and stay there until the end, even becoming Maggie´s heiress. Laura Johnson was a valuable member of the cast, and not a celebrity or somebody´s daughter like others... (Welch who? Hargitay who?)

upload_2019-3-23_0-7-32.jpeg

Here´s Laura with her ex Harry Hamlin.
    He was probably ogling Nicollette in the crowd already...​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    A great loss for the show. She could have played Vickie´s storylines. She was such a great character and beautiful actress.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +948
    Medals:
    I had such a crush on Laura Johsnon, as a 14 year old lad away back in the day.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  8. Angela's Mulled Wine

Angela's Mulled Wine World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,959
    Medals:
    I wasn't a big fan of Terri's so I wasn't overly sorry that she was killed. However, had she lived I would have liked her to try and take Chase away from Maggie, not because she had the hots for him but just spite Maggie. I would have had Chase leave Maggie and once she succeeded in breaking them up, she would drop him faster than a wet bottle of Chablis.