1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Flash The Flash and Supergirl

Discussion in 'Comics TV' started by Jason73, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    I finished season 1 of Supergirl. I really enjoyed the season. There's a lot of heart in this show. The Flash and Arrow don't have the feel good vibe that this show has. I hope that it doesn't lose all of that in the switch from CBS to the CW. That's what sets it apart from the other two shows.

Regarding the final few minutes with the pod and what Kara found in it--I'm curious how they are going to work that into the new season on the CW. Technically Kara has to switch universes to be with Barry and Ollie, right? I'm intrigued by how they might make the CBS to CW transition for this show. Luckily, I'll know in a few short weeks.

Just one last time for good measure: I'm devastated that Calista Flockhart and Cat aren't going to be a big part of Supergirl season 2. The Cat/Supergirl and Cat/Kara dynamics are so important to the show. And Cat has the funniest lines on the show. Calista has been brilliant.

Now on to The Flash season 2.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    So, I'm loving season 2 of The Flash. I'm 12 episodes in and finding it a really fun season. They've been exploring Flash's abilities and having him do some pretty cool stuff. Zoom is scary villain. There have been some pretty awesome cinematic visual touches this season too--like Zoom dragging Flash's limp body from site to site to show the city and his allies his power.

[​IMG]

I also appreciate the way they've managed to keep Harrison a viable, interesting character. And the season 2 villains have been awesome--better than season one and better than the ones on Arrow and Supergirl.

3. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Two more things:

I love that Flash does Christmas episodes.

I like the addition of Shantel VanSanten as Barry's new girlfriend. I have a soft spot for her because of One Tree Hill.

4. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Well, she's gone. I guess the point of her was to make Barry feel like he can never have a normal life. I really liked her--tough, smart and I'm relieved she turned out to be genuine rather than a bad guy.

5. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I've always found her to be trash.
    As for the two series, I love 'em. Most super hero shows are done well.

6. superfan

superfan Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I enjoyed the first season of Flash- it was fun. I did not enjoy the second season as much- turned into a lot of nonsense at the end- and I'm not crazy about the current season. I'm rapidly losing interest in watching it.