The Flintstones & Other Hanna-Barbera Shows

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by ClassyCo, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,107
    ah if only I knew there would be computers, online and Youtube when i was little

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,563
    Both The Flintstones and The Jetsons were on constant repeat when I was growing up - I was surprised to learn later that there had only been a single season of the latter. Top Cat, too, and yes it was based on Sgt. Bilko just as The Flintstones was The Honeymooners. And don't forget Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Quick-Draw McGraw, the list goes on and on.

I would rate the Hanna-Barberra characters second only to the Warner Bros. ones, far above Disney.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +636
    I absolutely adore Whacky Races and if ever a cartoon should have been turned into a live action movie it was this one - chock full of brilliant characters & machines it was so funny & enjoyable - and led to some great spin offs too.

I liked the Flintstones but preferred The Jetsons.

I also loved The Banana Splits and their cartoon series within in, especially The Arabian Knights - to this day I still shout out "Size of an elephant" randomly which really gets odd reactions haha - and the mad donkey when his tail is pulled.

HB created such an incredible array of characters and even now as a 50 year old I could still sit & watch them all and relish every one...well....apart from that Scrappy party pooper - I mean why...just why!!!???

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,107

OMG SNAP!!! I do that too and friends of a certain age totally get it and fall about laughing, others look on thinking WHAT!!!???

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,139
    I prefer the first "Flintstones" movie from 1994 since it had Elizabeth Taylor in it. No big surprise there! ;)
    I wish I had taken my dad up on his offer to go watch it at the movies when it came out though but I didn't want to be caught at the movies watching a children's movie with my parents when I was like 14 so I said no thanks. I wish now that I hadn't as it was my only chance to watch Elizabeth Taylor at the cinema in a new movie.

But yeah I did enjoy watching The Flintstones on TV in reruns. Other Hanna Barbera shows I've enjoyed watching is The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, Lucky Luke, Pink Panther, Yogi's Treasure hunt.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,563
    Don't forget the original animated feature film The Man Called Flintstone. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,652
    My favorite Hanna-Barbera production is their 80's series adaption of The Smurfs. Preferably with the Swedish voices so it doesn't mess with my mind. ;)

[​IMG]

But I also love The Flintstones (only the cartoons!), Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Lucky Luke, Yogi Bear and The Jetsons.

Great productions that never go out of style.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1