1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

The friendship of Jane and Father Bob.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Chloe-Fusco, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Medals:
    I thought it was a nice idea having Father Bob Curtis as a recurring character, popping up every now and again. Not just for all the usual tasks but as a confidant of Angela. Of course he also had a close friendship with Jane Wyman and this is how he got the role. Did you enjoy Father Bob in the show?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Medals:
    I feel he was a bonus to the show. Father Curtis was certainly a very busy priest, with all the weddings and funerals. The number of funerals would have exceeded the weddings. For instance he had three people to preside over their burial on the same day, shortly after the plane crashed going to Italy in 1984. As you would expect he was the script advisor, on all matters pertaining to religion.

Father Bob Curtis is being interviewed about his time in California’s Tuscany Valley show, (‘behind the scenes’ from season 1 – 9, 1981 – ’90):

“I enjoyed working with many of the cast members. Jane and I have been friends for many years; she is one of a kind and a real professional. Ana Alicia is a sweet person. I baptized her children. Abby Dalton was a special favourite. Among the guest stars, Kim Novak was one of many I found to be of generous spirit. It was especially interesting to be on the set with Mariska Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield’s daughter), since she had been a student of mine while she attended our parish school.”

• Like Like x 6
  3. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Medals:
    Fr. Bob was one of the good characters, like Emma, Maggie, Chase (except season 6 when he became a total plank) and Chao-Li (most of the time). I liked his calm nature even in the most exasperating situations, usually involving either Angela or Julia and once or twice both of them.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Medals:
    He was a hoot and a gem of a man, regardless of who he was acting with. I heard he helped Ana Alicia with her confidence, particularly in the beginning when she had to do some steamy scenes. My favourite part with Fr. Bob there was during season 4, if my memory serves me right. Melissa wanted to get back with Cole and marry her son's father but she had to get her marriage to Lance annulled by the Church. Father Bob had to do referee because Melissa and Lance were going argy bargy in his office. He told them to sit down that they were making a mockery of this whole thing and then Cole arrived, in the middle of the ding dong. This was a funny scene involving the priest, from recall now.

• Like Like x 4