The Golden Girls

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Sarah, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    Maybe if the younger character was one of the girls' unseen (to that point) daughters? The consensus was that Blanche had four kids (two sons, two daughters), while Rose had an undetermined number. We met Blanche's Rebecca and heard about Janet and Matthew...I'm not sure if "Skippy" is canon or just a joke. Her inability to get along with Janet was a plot point in more than one episode. Rose referred to "all of her kids" so often (as a group) that I got the impression it's a higher number than Blanche's, though they were not utilized as much. We met Rose's daughter Kiersten, but she was a bitch (IMO) and I would not want to deal with her again. Sophia of course had Gloria, Dorothy, and Phil (RIP--"Rest in Peignor").

I was joking about them bringing in a "kid" like a child--a la Cousin Oliver on Brady Bunch or Seven on Married with Children. THAT would have been the death knell.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I know there seem to be some uncertainty surrounding Dorothy's children, too. It seems Michael and Kate were both too young to be the product of her high school pregnancy, but that was never completely addressed either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1