The Killers: Wonderful Wonderful

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ome, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    It's been four years since the release of Battle Born and I'm climbing the walls with excitement at the thought of brand now music from The Killers.

[​IMG]

They began work on their fifth studio album in late 2015, according Brandon Flowers the band had made plans to work with Flood and Alan Moulder again.

In May 2016 Ryan Tedder claimed that he had been working with the band and that "we're still in the process [of making the album] and I can't speak as to their timing or anything. But I love what we've started immensely, obsessively even. It sounds 100% like them and nothing like me."

In September 2016 drummer Ronnie Vannucci stated that the album was mostly penned but the songs still had room to evolve and that the band had begun working with producer Jacknife Lee

Last week, the Killers played a hometown show in Las Vegas to mark the tenth anniversary of sophomore record Sam’s Town. Today, they released the previously unshared song, “Peace Of Mind.” The song was recorded during theSam’s Town sessions, but never made the album.

[​IMG]

2. Zach

Zach Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +366
    That's awesome, thanks for sharing @Ome! It really sounds like from 10 years ago, which is totally positive in case of The Killers. I'd be delighted if the new record sounded like Sam's Town, still my favourite album!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    The Killers AND Tears for Fears.......?????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    The Killers appear set to return next week with a new single called “The Man”. This afternoon, the band shared a brief 12-second snippet via its Twitter account.

In an article about The Killers’ upcoming appearance at the AFL Grand Final, Fox Sports Australia reports that “The Man” will premiere on June 15th, to be followed on September 20th by the band’s as-yet-untitled fifth studio album.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    I am beyond excited at this sound

Run for Cover

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Go on, treat yourself and listen to another live recording of this brilliant sound

7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Still not coming up on iTunes, but this is the next best thing.

It's so different from Battle Born, but still a fantastic sound,​

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    The Killers made a surprise appearance on the Glastonbury John Peel Stage today (June 25), 13 years after making their festival debut on the same stage back in 2004.

Shortly before the band's set began, the Glastonbury Twitter account tweeted to let festival goers know the John Peel tent was at full capacity.

"Please do not head in that direction as you will not get into that venue," they added.

So it was to a packed tent that the band walked out on stage to The Undertones' 'Teenage Kicks' and massive cheers, before kicking off with the always crowd-pleasing 'When You Were Young'.

"What's up Glastonbury? It's good to be here," Brandon Flowers then told the packed tent.

[​IMG]

"They say you play the John Peel stage twice in your career, once on the way up and once on the way down," he said. "It's great to be back."

The Killers went onto play hits like 'Somebody Told Me', 'Spaceman' and 'Human' during their set, as well as playing their new single 'The Man' for the gathered crowds too.

"This next one's for the ladies," Brandon introduced.

[​IMG]

The group continued to play tracks from across their career, including 2012 hit 'Runaways' from their fourth record Battle Born as well as revisiting songs from their 2004 debut Hot Fuss.

'All These Things That I've Done' came as the penultimate song, and of course there's no Killers set without 'Mr. Brightside', which the group played as their massive finale song.

The Killers' next big UK concert will be less of a surprise, with the group set to headline the British Summer Time festival at Hyde Park on Saturday, July 8.

At Glastonbury, The Killers played:

'When You Were Young'
    'Somebody Told Me'
    'Spaceman'
    'Human'
    'Smile Like You Mean It'
    'The Man'
    'Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll'
    'Read My Mind'
    'Runaways'
    'All These Things That I've Done'
    'Mr. Brightside'
    Glastonbury Festival concludes tonight with a headline set by Ed Sheeran on the Pyramid Stage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857

:yeah:

10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    The BST Hyde Park concert on Saturday was a Wonderful Wonderful experience.

We were there pretty much at gates open, partly because we wanted to avoid the busy underground as 26,000 people gathered in London for the Pride March.

As soon as we entered we walked towards the stage where we knew everything was going to take place and by chance a guy spoke to us about the barrier surround the front of the stage. If we went into that (what we thought was) private area and came straight back out we would receive a wristband. This wristband would then allow us entry into that front of stage area whenever we wanted. It was in place for all those who came in early and limited to the first 1,000 people (maybe 2,000)

It was forecast for a cloudy afternoon, however who said that was wrong, totally wrong. The sun was out in full force and we took cover in a large oak tree that was until we started to get numb and decided to have a walk around. The place took a few hours to fill up and we ended up sitting in the sun because all the shaded areas were packed with people.

[​IMG]

The Killers came out and delivered another synthesized rocking set as they always do. Hearing the new single ‘The Man’ live was worth the 8 hour wait and then they threw in some songs that they don’t normally sing live which received a great response from the crowd.

[​IMG]

Having seen the Killers many times in the past I knew what to expect and I knew I would never be disappointed, however the highlight for me that day was seeing Tears for Fears live.

[​IMG]

5:15 they were due to walk on the stage and when the name TFF logo came alive on the screen, the crowd cheered. Before Curt & Roland took to the stage, we were treated to Lorde’s dark version of “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” and that 2 minutes felt like an hour as I could not take my eyes off the stage, waiting to see the boys walk on.

As much as I was looking forward to seeing them live, I didn’t realise how anxious I would be, wondering if they will be able to reproduce that sound they gave me back in the 80s. After 35 years of listening to The Hurting, I was going to experience something I never thought would happen. They came and they geared up the crowd with all their greatest hits and my right hand side went numb, my hand looked swollen, I felt like I was in some weird dream and then when started with Mad World I felt my eyes well up, after that tune they came in with Memories Fade and I thought I was going to pass out in the heat. It was surreal, I didn’t even think a surreal moment could last this long.

[​IMG]

I have no idea if I will ever get a chance to see TFF again, but whatever happens, I doubt very much I will re-live that experience again, well not in its entirety.

God, I’m a lucky bloke.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    Oh wow!

This sounds just perfect and I’m so thrilled that it more than lived up to expectations for you.

I hadn’t realised how anxious you might have been feeling with the anticipation of seeing Tears For Fears for the first time, yet it makes perfect sense that you would feel a bit wary. They didn’t let you down :D

Thanks for sharing your experience @Ome, I really enjoyed hearing all about it and I can practically feel the excitement and emotion coming from your words…..fantastic !! :loveit:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Believe me, I wasn't expecting to feel that anxious :D

I want to tell the world how I felt..... :heels:

I did spend a chunk of Monday re-living the experience on YouTube :D

And I read an interview where they spoke about their new album - The Tipping Point.....

Which brings me back to this :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,902
    Hurray!!:jolly: (whatever it is...:think:....:D)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    I'm sure you do :D

I imagine you didn't want to escape from that bubble of excitement.

:confuse:

Yes! double hurrays! :spinning::spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Oh don't get too excited about this.

Though I will say I'm working on the 'Soap Chat Bachelor 2016' for an October launch....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zach

Zach Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Run For Cover is amazing! Probably their best song since Day & Age, which makes me really excited about the upcoming album!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    I don't think the video gives the song enough justice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    All is well with the world

You can carry on about your business now

[​IMG]

The Killers have further cemented their place in the Official Albums Chart record books by claiming a flawless fifth UK Number 1 album with Wonderful Wonderful.

Wonderful Wonderful continues the band’s unbroken record of Number 1 studio albums on the Official Chart, joining previous chart toppers Hot Fuss, Sam’s Town, Day & Age and Battleborn. No other international act ever has managed an untarnished career streak of five Number 1 studio albums from their debut.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Monday night’s concert was everything we expected from The Killers and much more. The visuals were stunning and even though we were far away from the stage, it was great to see the whole set from afar, but only because we knew we were seeing them again the following day.

The set list was perfect, a mixture of new, old and all the classics, well apart from “Jenny Was a Friend of Mine”. They performed 22 songs and Brandon spoke quite a bit about the horrors of the Manchester Bombing that happened earlier in the year, he dedicated the song “Be Still” to all those that were lost and injured during that attack, the atmosphere was spine-tingling. “Be still, wild and young. Long may your innocence reign”

Knowing we had the VIP entrance for the following night, I was starting to feel anxious at how rowdy the crowd was down at the front. I even thought that I might make my way to the back half-way if it got too uncomfortable, but that’s for the following day, I should be concentrating on the evening’s performance.

Here’s how the view looked from where we were sitting.
    The Killers Mon 13th 2017 024.JPG
    The Killers Mon 13th 2017 007.JPG The Killers Mon 13th 2017 017.JPG

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1