The Killers: Wonderful Wonderful

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ome, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Tuesday Night

I decided to go in shorts and a tee-shirt because we were so hot the previous night. Fortunately for me, the temperature outside had risen from the previous night, so I never felt cold as we made our way to the arena.

The VIP experience was very odd to say the least, but only because the organisers didn’t look like they knew what they were doing.

We received a Killers Tote bag and a Wonderful Wonderful Lanyard.

Lanyard 002.JPG Lanyard 003.JPG

Now I started to feel important.

The feeling of walking into the arena (that’s walking not running) and finding a spot at the front was incredible. This is the first time we’ve been at the barriers for any arena concert. At that point I just wanted someone to let The Killers know we had arrived safely and they could come out and do their set for us before the general public came in. There was some anxiety when they opened the arena, I was thinking we might get pushed out of our position and so I set stance and thought no one, not one single person is going to move me.

As the next couple of hours slowly passed away, you could feel the atmosphere in the arena without looking behind you.

The lights went out, the dramatic sound to “Wonderful Wonderful” came through the speakers, my heart was racing to a point I thought I was going to have a heart attack, I could feel the pulse beating faster and faster and then they appeared. Words can’t describe how I felt for the next 2 hours, the crowd went absolutely crazy as “Spaceman” started and then just when I thought it couldn’t get any better than this, Brandon started singing “Somebody Told Me” It was crazy, and completely surreal. As well as enjoying every single second of their set, we didn’t lose our position, we were never soaked with any beer or liquids thrown, the crowd was a mixture ranging between 18-year-olds and 65-year-olds, everyone around us was having the best time of their life.

Simply put the whole experience was WONDERFUL WONDERFUL.

Having now lived through a VIP package we have made it harder for ourselves because every Killers concert we go to now has to be VIP, or at least twice a tour.

This is the part where I should be feeling depressed that it’s over, but how can I when we still have tickets to see them on Sunday in our hometown and more VIP tickets to see them in Sheffield the following weekend.

If that wasn't enough, Wifey caught Ronnie's Drumstick!!!! :omg:

Drumstick 002.JPG

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    This is what we get for standing at the front and the extra money we paid for the tickets was worth its weight in gold. (if you measure it with coins)

The Killers VIP 038.JPG The Killers VIP 049.JPG The Killers VIP 054.JPG The Killers VIP 056.JPG The Killers VIP 069.JPG The Killers VIP 072.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    The Killers VIP 080.JPG The Killers VIP 091.JPG The Killers VIP 094.JPG The Killers VIP 101.JPG The Killers VIP 095.JPG The Killers VIP 119.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,902
    Wow, that's so close you could almost touch him (if you wanted to, and I know you don't:D)
    How did your wife get that drumstick, or did every VIP get one? No wait, he can't have that many drumsticks.:think:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857

After every concert, the drummer throws his sticks into the crowd and last night Wifey was lucky enough to catch it. Then we had a hoard of fans all wanting to take a picture of it.

fc6e75f5d5f38cbd4d24722a4d255133.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Wifey told me afterwards that never looked at anyone else, she was simply fixated on Brandon and saying how stunning he is. She even said "You must see that he's stunning too" I just said he's an average bloke.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    I've read a few fantastic and glowing reviews of the concert in the press, but your reviews with all the extra details are the ones I've enjoyed reading the most Ome.

Oh, thats so special and touching. I guess the horrors of the Manchester attack would have also impacted on the band.

:fantastic:

Still so much to look forward to :D

Wow! well caught Mrs Ome!

The photographs are great to see, thank you for posting them. On some of the photos Brandon seems to be looking straight at your camera and hes probably thinking 'that's the same guy who keeps coming to all our concerts' :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Aw... :hug:
    Yes, it really brings it home when you're in the place where it happened. It's always forever at the back of your mind too.

I know, I still can't believe how lucky we are.
    The one where he stuck his tongue out was deliberate, he was looking in our direction and then lent over for a killer shot.
    ..............:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Wifey is a devious little thing.

Four concerts and the plan was this

1st - We're seated on tier one so there's no immediate rush
    2nd - We're priority entry and it was important to get there as early as possible to get to the front
    3rd - Standing, but it's a very small venue and it doesn't matter where we stand
    4th - Seating so no rush

Well, that changed at some point yesterday because Wifey wanted to set off early so she could get near the front of the stage. I was looking at her stupid saying that wasn't what we had discussed. She gave me the sob story that it could be at least 4 years before we get to see the band again and because we got to the front on the 2nd gig, she wanted to get that same experience one more time. She went on to say how much I loved being at the front and I caved in. So there we were (again) one of the first stood outside in the cold, no the freezing wind. I wasn't best pleased.

Then inside it was a good 3-hour wait until The Killers came on and boy when that happened it was electric and we got to hear yet another set different from the previous two.

Half-way through their set and Brandon was going on about giving the fans a treat, I wasn't sure where he was going and then Nick Hodgson (guitarist from Kaiser Chiefs) walked onto the stage. Before we knew it the intro to "I Predict A Riot" came bursting through the speakers.

To give it some explanation, Brandon always does a cover of a well-known song from artists that are local to that area and this time it was the Kaiser Chiefs.

Someone posted a video from last night's gig

More pictures

The Killers Leeds 018.JPG The Killers Leeds 055.JPG The Killers Leeds 059.JPG The Killers Leeds 064.JPG The Killers Leeds 071.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    :lol:

I'm so glad they mixed it up for you. I thought understandably and for simplicity they'd stick with the same set for each concert.

That was magical! and is that you we can hear singing along Ome?

Those are great photographs. It was worth getting there early because you really did get close to the stage again.

This is a strange question, I was wondering does Brandon wear different stage clothes for each concert? or did you not notice? :D I love him in that yellow suit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    Yes, most concerts (probably all) that I've been to stick with one set.

If the camera caught me singing, I highly doubt it would still be on YouTube.

The first one he wore a black leather jacket and the gold suit for the encore
    The second one he wore a pink leather jacket and a silver leather jacket for the encore
    The third one he had tassels on his black jacket and wore the gold suit for the encore.
    LOL

When your that close it's hard not to see :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    I've just noticed on the pictures he takes the pink one off at some point

• Like Like x 1
  13. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    Thank you.

Brandon has some amazing outfits and he looks good in all of them :cool1

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    For Aberdeen, he wore a salmon pink jacket and they covered Eurythmics "Here Comes the Rain Again"

bf.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    He must have hundreds of different coloured jackets and he suits them all :cooler: Keep an eye on what he wears at your next concert @Ome

Brandon has the type of voice to suit any song and I'm impressed by the choice of songs The Killers choose to cover. How inconsiderate of the fan who recorded 'Here Comes 'The Rain Again' not to film the whole song ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    I'm curious what he might pick for Sheffield, Human League, Heaven 17, Thompson Twins, ABC, Pulp, Arctic Monkeys or maybe The Last Shadow Puppets. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    What a fab selection!

It looks you might be in for a treat Ome.....another one :rolleyes: :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    We didn't get anything from what I predicted, they stuck with their Joy Division cover of Shadowplay, which always goes done well with the crowd.

Last night's concert in London (their last one of the tour in the UK :() they gave the fans a real treat.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,857
    You probably won't know this one, it's from "Wonderful Wonderful" and they usually keep it for the encore. Here's a great video someone captured from the Liverpool gig and it showcases a great performance from Brandon.

The Calling

• Like Like x 1
  20. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,326
    Listening to the band performing this song showcases what talented musicians they all are.

They'll be back one day :D

Oh my, oh my :loveit: that was a terrific treat!

Fabulous! Along with being talented he's so natural on the stage and he was wearing his gold suit :cool1

I must be the only person in the whole world who didn’t know until very recently how 'The Killers' got their name. You will be aware of this already @Ome,

Its was through the video for the song 'Crystal' by 'New Order' which shows a fictional band called 'The Killers' miming to the song.

I never realised this [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1