1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

The Last in Love

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Ray&Donna, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Great updates Ray&Donna. :)I still enjoy reading your story and I am looking forward to Ray and Donna's wedding and for two of them to finally become a family with their daughter Margaret like they should have been on Original Dallas. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Cute Donna and Ray scene how they were watching the stars after she and Margaret had moved in. It's nice that they are so blissfully happy. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Amazing scene about Donna and Ray! :jolly:

I really liked the way you "jumped" several weeks ahead by writing a summary for the time passed! It worked well, IMO! :)

And then you proceed with a sentence that says so much about the weeks gone by: "Another perfect summer day had come to an end." :love7:All I can say is ... WAAAUUUUUHHHH!!! :love4:

Beautiful walk on the ranch in the moon light! :bravo1: Your descriptions are incredible! :gotcha:

I loved Donna's statement: “I don’t have to wish on a star. I’ve got everything I could ever need right here on this ranch.:love6: Also loved that they talked about the first time they met, their first night together, their insecurities, etc.! :kiss:

Almost needless to say, but I loved the ending: "Later that night, he lay in bed watching her sleep. All he could think about was how blessed he was to have found his soul mate, not once but twice, and how as long as they lived, nothing in this world could ever tear them apart again. He brushed the hair from her face and she smiled as she slumbered, oblivious to his actions. Gradually he drifted off to sleep, the stars twinkling and the moon shining its light down on them as they dreamt of each other."

I'll be counting the hours until the next update of your amazing fanfic! :best:

PS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bobby will find Pam soon and that they'll make it back for Ray and Donna's wedding! :gotcha:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    September 5, 1998

The sun shone brightly in the sky. The weather was warm, but it wouldn’t get too hot that day. The wispy clouds drifted along aimlessly in the azure sky, and the birds sang cheerfully.

Ray stirred in the bed. It was hard to believe that this was the last morning he would ever wake up a single man. Donna and Margaret had spent last night at Southfork, so he wouldn’t see them until the wedding several hours later. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and got out of bed. He walked over to the window. There was a stillness to the morning that reminded Ray of the first time he had ever seen Texas, and why he had wanted to make his home here all these years. He went downstairs to fix breakfast. Today life began anew.

Donna woke up in the guest room, the sun’s rays casting shadows through the curtains. She thought about today as she got out of bed and drew back the curtain. She looked out across the ranch to where the horses ran free across the vast plain. The horses always reminded her of him. She smiled as she put on her robe and walked out into the hall. She went to knock on Margaret’s door, but it was already open and she was nowhere to be seen. She’s becoming an early riser like her father, Donna thought to herself. She walked down the stairs. There she found Margaret having breakfast with Clayton and Miss Ellie.

Miss Ellie looked at her and smiled. “Good morning Donna. Would you like some breakfast?”

“Yes, that would be great.” She took her seat at the table.

Clayton winked at her. “Big day today, huh?”

“Something like that.” Donna looked over at Margaret, who seemed either enamored by her eggs or lost in thought. “Margaret, honey, are you going to tell me good morning?”

She looked up. “Good morning, mama. I’m not ignoring you. I’m happy about today, but I’m kind of sad that you’re both going to be gone and I won’t see you for the next two weeks.”

She placed her hand on Margaret’s. “I did promise that I wouldn’t leave you again for awhile, didn’t I? I am sorry about that. But the good news is that you have this whole ranch to explore while we’re gone—and two grandparents who love you very much.”

Miss Ellie nodded. “That’s very true.”

“We’re going to have so much fun that you won’t even miss them. You’ll be begging to move in with us by the time these next two weeks are over,” Clayton kidded.

Donna laughed. “See? You’re going to have the best time here.”

Margaret smiled. “I know. I’m still going to miss you, but I’m glad to be staying here.”

Miss Ellie spoke. “Donna, the wedding planners just started to set up a few minutes ago. You’ll have to let me know if it looks okay.”

“Okay, I’ll go look in a minute, but I trust your judgment.”

“You know, Donna, I’ll never forget the first time Ray brought you home after you two had married. You were positively radiant that day, and you have that same glow now.”

Donna laughed. “That’s probably the light over the table. I’m a lot older now than I was then.”

Miss Ellie smiled. “Margaret, your mother doesn’t think she looks beautiful anymore.”

“She’s just pulling your chain, Grandma. She knows she looks great.”

“Here I am, surrounded by beautiful women. And people wonder why I left the Southern Cross all those years ago,” Clayton joked.

“Clayton Farlow! I’m going to dump you back in San Angelo if you don’t stop!” Miss Ellie laughed. “Okay, it’s time for the rest of us to start getting ready. That means you too, Clayton. You have somewhere to be in a few minutes.”

He looked at his watch. “Right you are. I’ll see you ladies later.”

“Bye Grandpa,” Margaret said as Clayton headed upstairs to get dressed for the wedding. “I think it’s time for me to get ready, too. I’d better kiss you both before we get covered with makeup.” She went around the table and kissed Miss Ellie, then her mother.

“Thanks honey,” Donna said. “I love you.”

“I love you too, mama.” She then proceeded up to her room.

Donna took a drink of her coffee. “Sometimes I think she’s too smart for me.”

“You’ve raised her well, then.” She paused. “I think it’s time for me to get ready, too. I’ll see you in awhile, okay?”

“Okay, Miss Ellie. Thank you again.”

“You’re welcome.” She went out toward the stairs, leaving Donna alone with her thoughts. I love Ray with every fiber of my being, she thought to herself, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him. She finished breakfast before going back to her room to get ready.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Finally their wedding day is here. :spinning:
    I love how they woke up in the morning both reflecting upon what an important day they were about to embark upon.
    Miss Ellie & Clayton are so cute too! :kiss:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    On a sidenote, I just notized that I - once again - somehow got your two amazing fanfics mixed up! :shifty:Thanks for just ignoring my faults! :innocent:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Great update from the morning of their wedding day! :clap: Loved all the detailed descriptions which really set the stage for an amazing and unforgettable day for Ray and Donna! :love6: I liked that we got to read how both their morninga went down! :love7:

I love that Donna joined the early breakfast team in her robe! :) (Usually, on "Dallas", they only walked around Southfork in their robes during the night!) ;)

Sweet Margaret!: “Good morning, mama. I’m not ignoring you. I’m happy about today, but I’m kind of sad that you’re both going to be gone and I won’t see you for the next two weeks.:kiss:

I loved how Miss Ellie brought up the day when Ray brought home Donna as his lovely bride! :jolly: I agree ... Donna did look radiant that day! :h1:

Please don't keep us in suspence for too long! :best:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    The wedding guests were milling about, waiting to be seated. Ray stood nervously near the garage with Clayton, who continued his assurances that everything would be fine. As the time drew near, everyone took their places.

Ray stood there as the wedding march began. Finally the doors opened. First came Margaret, and he couldn’t believe how proud he was of her. He could tell that she was going to grow up to be just as beautiful and confident as her mother. Being a part of her life at this point and time wasn’t something he would trade for the world. As she neared the front, she gave him a small smile and took her place on the other side.

Next came Miss Ellie, and Ray reflected on how she had been like a second mother to him since he first came to Southfork all those years ago. Her acceptance of him into her family meant a great deal to him. He had finally come to realize that there was no reason for him to ever feel like an outsider. She gave him a reassuring look as she took her place next to Margaret.

At last Donna emerged, bouquet in hand. Even after all this time, Ray was still taken aback by how beautiful she was. Whenever he looked her, it was as though all the years melted away and they were both young again. She smiled at him as she walked up the aisle, and he felt his heart flutter.

Donna looked at everything that lay in front of her. She saw everyone looking at her; she saw the flowers, the minister, and the green fields out past everything else. She felt a sense of pride as she looked at Margaret and a feeling of gratitude as she saw Clayton and Miss Ellie, two people who had opened their hearts and always treated her like family. She then looked at Ray, and from the expression on his face, she knew that he felt that same emotions that she did on this day. She reached the front and took her place next to him. They smiled at each other before facing the minister.

The minister began. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God to join this man and woman together in holy matrimony. If anyone can think of any reason why these two should not be married, let him speak now or forever hold his peace.”

There was silence. The minister began again.

“Do you, Ray, take Donna, to be your lawful wedded wife? Do you promise to love and cherish her, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.”

He smiled at her again. She winked at him.

“Do you, Donna, take Ray, to be your lawful wedded husband? Do you promise to love and cherish him, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.”

“Now for the exchanging of the rings.” Ray turned to Clayton, who smiled at him as he handed him the rings. Donna handed the bouquet to Miss Ellie.

“Repeat after me, Ray: with this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed.” He slipped the ring on her finger.

“Now Donna, repeat after me: with this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed.” She slipped the ring on his finger.

“And now the bride and groom would like to share the vows they have written for each other.”

They faced each other and linked hands as Ray began.

“I give you my whole heart.
    I promise to take care of you, and to protect you, for every day that is left in my life.
    I promise to be your shelter from the storms that life brings.
    I promise to love only you, and that my love will only grow stronger for you as the years go by.”

Donna saw a tear run down his cheek. She smiled at him and began.

“I give to you all of myself.
    I promise to always be there for you, to ease your fears, and to love you as you are.
    I promise to devote myself to you, and I promise to treasure every moment we share.
    I promise to give you all the love in my heart, each day for the rest of our lives.”

She was crying herself now, but she didn’t care. She’d waited so long for this moment. Ray smiled at her, his eyes also wet.

The minister spoke for the last time. “By the power vested in me by the state of Texas, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

They looked into each other’s eyes, and he pulled her close as they kissed. Their journey back to each other was over, at last.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Beautiful, magical, romantic, ... ... you gave us everything that we could have wished for with this update about Ray and Donna's wedding ceremony! :love7::love5::love4: Full score board from me! :kiss: I loved that we got to experience the happenings from both Ray and Donna's point of view! :yep:

Ray was so sweet standing all nervous waiting for the ceremony to start! :) I can only try to imagine what went through his mind when - first - his daughter and then the woman who has been there for him since he was a teenager, Miss Ellie! :dance: And finally, his bride to be ... looking as beautiful and radiant as ever! :jolly: Oh yes, Ray ... there is absolutely no reason for you to ever feel like an outsider! You have the most amazing family and should feel so lucky and blessed! :love4:

I loved their simple yet elegant exchange of the traditional vows! :kiss: And their personalized exchange of vows afterwards was just perfect! :kiss: I liked all the emotions that both Ray and Donna showed and that they weren't scared to set their feelings free and let the tears flow! :jolly:

And of course ... ... the kiss!!! :love6: I have no words! I was blown away! :love7:

Only thing that worries me is, if this was the end of the fanfic??? :think: Reading the last sentence of the fanfic, I suddenly got the feeling that it could be the end! Am I just blowing things way out of proportion? :confuse: I really hope that I'm way off here! :pray:

I'll be on my knees praying for much more of this amazing fan fic! :best:

10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Aww! What a lovely update. It was very romantic and everything you want to see in a TV wedding. :love2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Southfork living room had been cleared of nearly every piece of furniture, and it was there that everyone gathered for the reception. Ray held Donna close as they danced.

“I know I haven’t told you this in the past five minutes, but I love you.”

She smiled at him. “I love you, too, but I never tire of hearing that you feel the same way.”

They continued to dance together, lost in each other’s arms, only separating when both Clayton and Margaret asked to cut in.

The day wound down, and it was the early evening when Clayton gathered everyone’s attention. “Before you all go home, I’d like to make a toast—to Ray and Donna—may you two have all the happiness you deserve.”

“Thank you,” they said in unison.

Everyone applauded and went back to dancing. Ray smiled at Donna. “I think it’s about time I get you home,” he said.

“So it is. We have to let Margaret know we’re leaving first.”

“I know—let’s get to it then.” He smirked at her.

She smiled at him. “I’m glad I married you again. There’s no one else I’d rather be alone with right now.”

With their goodbyes said, they got into the limo and rode home. The honeymoon didn’t officially start until tomorrow, but neither one of them seemed to mind.

They were on the porch, and the limo had driven away. Ray unlocked the door and pushed it open.

“Don’t forget to carry me over the threshold,” Donna teased.

“Well, I couldn’t forget that now, could I?” He picked her up and walked inside. He placed back on her feet and closed the door behind them. He flipped on the lights and saw her staring back at him.

“What, you’re not gonna carry me upstairs?”

Ray shook his head at her. “Woman, don’t you want me to save some energy for later?”

She thought about it for a moment. “Yes. Yes I do. Now, upstairs before I change my mind.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Cute update from the reception. I love that he carried her over the threshold. :love4:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Beautiful update from Ray and Donna's wedding reception and also from their home later in the evening! :love7:

I loved their first lines in the scene! :jolly:How much more romance could one ask for? :wink@
    • I know I haven’t told you this in the past five minutes, but I love you.” :love6:
    • “I love you, too, but I never tire of hearing that you feel the same way.:love4:

Cute scene when he carried her across the threshold! :gotcha:

To no surprise, I loved their last lines in the scene (just as much as the first ones)! :jump2:
    • Woman, don’t you want me to save some energy for later?” :love5:
    • “Yes. Yes I do. Now, upstairs before I change my mind.” :love6:
    I'll be looking forward to their wedding night ... :kiss: ... because there's no way that you'd cheat us out of that, right @Ray&Donna? :best:
    PS. I'm so thankful that I was completely off base, when I thought that it was the end of the fanfic! :d1: Hoping for many more updates! :love8:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Cute updates Ray&Donna.:) I am so glad that Ray and Donna are finally remarried in your story and that they have finally become a family with their daughter Margaret.:) I am looking forward to Ray and Donna's wedding night. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    Well, we are closer to the end than we are to the beginning, but the good news is that when that day comes, I have another story (rescued from the old forum) to repost ;)

Once inside their bedroom, he pressed his lips to hers. He unzipped her dress and began to use his lips to caress her bare skin. She sighed as he worked his way down, kissing the soft skin beside her navel. He came back up to stand before her. She began to unbutton his shirt, finally pushing it off his shoulders and letting it fall to the floor. She then unbuttoned his pants, pushing them down to the floor as well. He stepped out of them, and they continued to kiss as they lay down on the bed. Once there were no more barriers between them, he began to use his hands to send surges of electricity through her skin. She lay there as he caressed her body, waiting for the moment when they would join together. She ran her hand softly over his side, and he knew that she was ready. He glided into her and they began to move together. She moved her body to match his strokes, and softly whispered “I love you” in his ear. He kissed her neck and chest, wanting to savor every inch of her skin. She moaned as he began to speed up his strokes, and she asked him to increase his pace even further. He soon felt himself erupt inside of her, and she pressed her fingertips into his skin as she felt her own release. When he finally caught his breath, he kissed her again.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” she replied. “Will you love me like this for the rest of the night?”

“I will,” he said, “and for every night in the future.”

Ray was taking a shower the next morning when the door opened.

“Good morning, Mr. Krebbs.”

He looked over his shoulder. “Good morning, Mrs. Krebbs.”

Donna stepped inside pressed her body against his. “I thought you might have been worn out after last night, but I see that you rested up,” he said.

She smiled as he soaped up his arms and chest. “Oh, I haven’t gotten tired of you yet, and my plan is to make sure you don’t get tired of me, either.”

“Is that so?” He smiled to himself as he rinsed off.

“Yes, it is. Here, let me do that.” She took the bar of soap and began to rub it over his tanned back.

“Thank you,” he said. “I can always use someone to wash my back.” She gave him a naughty smile that he couldn’t see.

“I’ll bet you can use someone to wash this area, too.” She moved the bar down past his waistline. He gasped slightly.

“You’ll have to warn me before you do that again. I’m not as young as I used to be.”

“No, you’re not, but all of the pieces still seem to be in working order.” She helped rinse the soap off his skin, and then he turned around and they embraced.

“Right here?” he asked.

“Uh-huh,” she replied.

He sat down on the ledge in the back of the shower. She wrapped herself around him, and as the water spilled down over them, she guided him inside. In the warm shower, her fingers felt like fire on his skin. She covered his mouth with hers, and he grazed her moist skin with his fingers. She moved on top of him, forcing him deeper and deeper inside of her. She sped up her movements, and as the steam rose around them, it didn’t seem to just be coming from the water. The water clung their skin together, and they soon reached the peak of their pleasure. Their heavy breathing seemed to echo off the tile in the shower. She smiled at the look of ecstasy on his face.

“You look like you could use another shower,” she said.

“No,” he said. “It’s your turn now.” Her pulled her close and kissed her again. “And I think you could use some help washing your back, too.”

She laughed at him, and smiled as he reached for the soap…

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    :ping::ping::ping:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,607
    Beautiful and romantic scene from Ray & Donna's wedding night! :love4::love5::love6::love7:

Just as beautiful and romantic scene from the morning after! :love7::love6::love5::love4:

Will the newly weds spend the entire day in the shower? Or will they continue their "work-out" in bed or in the kitchen? :think: Please don't keep us in the dark for too long! :best:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    I'm glad to hear that there will be another story from the old forum after this one. :best:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,407
    September 10, 1998

The day after their wedding, they boarded a plane taking off for a destination unknown to Donna. All Ray had told her about their honeymoon was that they were going to the ocean.

Their plane landed at a small airport where there were seemingly no landmarks. As Ray drove down the highway in a convertible, Donna looked for a sign of where they might be, but it became more and more desolate the longer they drove. The house where they were staying was in a secluded spot on the water; there were no other structures within two miles in either direction. To the both of them, they seemed to be all alone in this corner of the world.

It had been four days, and she still hadn’t asked where they were. All she knew was that it was the most beautiful stretch of ocean she had ever seen. It was the early afternoon, and she was sitting on the deck at the back of the house, staring at the water. Ray had apparently gone for a walk down the beach—the car was still there, after all—and she was waiting for him to come back.

The sun was growing more powerful, and the sky was nearly cloudless. Just when she thought she might go back inside, she saw Ray coming up the beach. Wearing only a pair of trunks, she couldn’t help but think that time had been kind to him. The sun glistened on his skin as he made his way toward her.

Ray, meanwhile, was having the same thoughts about Donna. Her beauty always stopped him in his tracks, and he felt like he must be the most fortunate man in the world. She saw him and waved. He raised his arm and waved back. He wondered how he had lived all these years without her. His life had seemed so empty up until he found her again those three short months ago.

Donna sat there waiting for him to climb the steps. When he got to the top he stopped and stood there. She looked him up and down.

“Hey you,” she said.

“Hey,” he said. He glanced at her and noticed she was wearing one of his shirts. He walked over and sat in the chair beside her. “I found you a conch.”

He held up the seashell so she could inspect it better. She smiled. “It’s beautiful.”

She looked at him. “So where did you go?”

“Just down the beach a little ways. I just wanted to enjoy the day, and you were still asleep so I didn’t want to wake you.”

“I figured as much. I’m just surprised you have enough energy left to get out of bed,” she teased.

He laughed. “I was shocked, too.”

“So do you have anything in mind that you wanna do today?” she asked.

“Well, I could think of a few things.” He looked over at her. “We could go down to the water for a swim. We could go for a drive down the end of the island and watch the sunset. Or we could just lay here and enjoy the sun and the breeze.”

Donna eyed him seductively. “I have a better idea.”

“Do you now?”

“I do.” She brought her face close to his and their lips met. “But not here.” She grabbed his hand and led him toward the bedroom.

They sat on the bed and she pulled him close to her as she began to kiss him energetically. He began to undo the buttons on her shirt, soon realizing that she was wearing nothing underneath it. He felt himself getting too excited too quickly, and as soon as he had removed her shirt, he laid the both of them down on the bed so that they were facing each other. He caressed the side of her face with his hand, and then ran it through her hair. She was struck after all this time by his attentiveness toward her; it never wavered. He ran his hand over her bare flesh and felt her tremble under his touch. She kissed him softly, first on the lips, then moving to his cheek and neck. She breathed in his scent as she gently kissed his chest. Her tender touch was nearly too much for him sometimes. She was ready for him, so she peeled off his trunks and allowed him to slip inside of her. They began to move together, slowly at first. She could still feel the warmth of the sun on his skin as she rubbed her hands over his shoulders and down his back.
    He felt like he was on fire as they moved together. Whenever he felt as though the heat would overcome him, she ignited him even further with her lips on his. As they quickened their tempo, the intense heat they created threatened to consume them.

With all of the doors and windows thrown open, they could hear the crash of the waves as they reached their explosive climax. They lay there, listening to each other’s breathing, and no words were needed to describe how they felt.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,615
    Now you've got me all curious of where they went for their honeymoon. Sounds like an island in the West Indies or something... :think:
    Was that what you had in mind?

• Creative Creative x 1