1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most complex relationship KL ever had that’s always ignored......

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by TJames03, Feb 5, 2020.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Laura and Abby. Def frenemies. When Laura died Abby seemed genuinely upset despite years of acrimony. Abby also seemed genuinely amused when Laura said that she “had nothing to say” to her during her farewell video.

They were always trying to one up and outdo the other one during the seasons where they were on the show together, yet had an odd sort of respect.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,484
    And Abby had an affair with Richard before going after Gary. And then was impressed that Laura had "landed" Greg. And none of that stopped them working together when necessary. It never quite seemed as heated as the Abby and Val relationship although Laura certainly had cause.

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Laura got her revenge in the scene where Abby walks in and sees Laura in Greg’s bed. The smirk Laura gives her is a LOL moment...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    I imagine it's because Laura put the main blame on Richard for the affair happening, while Val was more willing to view Gary as an overgrown child that lacked responsibility for his actions, so Abby became the one who was mainly responsible for the affair in her eyes (no matter what she herself claimed). Add that Laura and Abby shared a certain sense of pragmatism - they didn't like each other and that was that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I think there was a begrudging respect on both sides. Laura, if I recall correctly, was the first woman in the cul-de-sac to get a job(not counting pre-KL employment.) So that search for identity while making money is something Abby would understand. Karen volunteering for the ACLU would count to Abby because she wouldn't understand the concept of volunteerism.
    Abby never let a man hold any power of her, physically, financially, or emotionally. I can see Laura being drawn to that since she had trouble truly asserting herself with Richard. If Abby had found her husband's suicide note, she might reccomend it him a good psychiatrist, but I doubt she would scrap her plans to leave him, as Laura did.
    I always wanted a "What you have done?" question to be posed to Abby by Laura or Val. I'm not saying either would have become as deceitful or malicious as Abby could be, but they might have wanted to emulate her resourcefulness. For example, Laura could ask, "So Abs, I have this bitch of a mother-in-law. What would do to get rid of her?" Or Val, "Abby, how would you get Jill to trip herself up and reveal she tried to murder me? "

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Misleading thread title. I thought it's about Bob and Mort.

100% agree!