The parking lot dilemma

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Presea, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    The parking lot of my apartment building has designated spots for everyone. That also means that you are only allowed to have one of your vehicles in the lot. In a way, this rule is sort of stupid since me and a couple other tenants don't have cars. I have no issue with someone using my parking space. But what the landlord hates is when someone has a car that is never used. Even if they are following the rule and parking the car they do use somewhere else. For years, one of the tenants left their old gold car in the lot. It never moved, it just sat there. And he has a another car that actually works. What sucked about this was that the former cleaning lady (who got fired for helping a former tenant with drug deals) said that it was MY car! Nice try, loser! The landlord knows very well that I don't have a car! Anyway, the car got a sticker on it that said it was a violation to have it parked there. (I assume that the license was never renewed.) But I am curious to know how the police could do this. Can they actually enter a private parking lot to do this? The car was finally gone after this. Unfortunately, the dude turned around and got another "new" old car. Oh, but it gets worse. The other neighbors have one of these, too. Although once again, they also have another car that is perfectly fine. Their old car that never moves has the ridiculous message: "For sale, $1000" painted on it. And these morons already blocked the dumpster once with their normal car! The landlord had to put a message on it telling them it would be towed because people need to be able to reach the dumpster, obviously. And an old lady had a brand new SUV that never got used because she never leaves the apartment. But at least she did not have another car. Eventually, these three cars all got the dreaded violation sticker. The lady with the SUV did move hers somewhere else, but the owners of the two clunkers ripped the stickers off and their cars are still there. If this is really considered a violation, then how are they able to still have their cars there? Now, the landlord is making repairs to our parking lot, so he left a notice the other day asking everyone to remove their vehicles by a certain time and when they can bring them back. Well, everyone did this except for Mr. $1000. How do they expect to sell their piece of crap car if they can't even drive it!? I think that this is what led the landlord to put up a notice reading: "cancelled until next week". I am angry that these losers have probably caused the parking lot renovations to be on hold. I may not drive, but sometimes I have guests who like to use my space when they visit me. And the condition of the lot is quite bad. So, hurry up and move your car, losers!! And don't bring it back!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,296
    What's the latest on this saga, @Presea ? o_O

• Like Like x 1
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    It looks sort of sloppy, but they did re-do the parking lot. I think they just poured some stuff over it or something. They didn't change the actual foundation as far as I know. Quite ironic when you consider that my landlord and his brother are something close to a millionaires who own various other properties and apartment buildings, as well as their own locksmith business! The owners of the $1000 car did move it for the construction, but now it's back to just sitting there again. But I heard that they want to move eventually.

4. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,296
    Well, at least it's had a new surface at last..... it should be smooth to drive on.

Can't believe they stuck that dumb ol' car back on there...?? Hopefully it'll be gone soon too.... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    Well, since I know the car works now, I assume that they have it for a back-up car. But they would need to get their license on it renewed to use it. But I really think they want to move eventually. I heard one of them is in college now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +425

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  7. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    It's good to hear someone tell me that what they did wasn't legal! Someone insisted to me that the police can't get rid of unlicensed cars by entering a private lot, but I really don't buy that! But what I want to know is why my landlord bothers letting the cops put the stickers on the cars, but then lets the tenants rip off the stickers and continue to have those cars there! I mentioned above that they did end up moving the cars for the work on the parking lot, but those two stupid cars are back again!