The Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Carrie Fairchild, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +359
    [​IMG]

2. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    No new episode this week but I have gleaned a bit more info about the DVR ratings for a couple of episodes.

For episode three, the showed gained an additional 386,000 views on DVR and catchup over 7 days, increasing it's original rating by 54%. So total viewership after one week was 1.1 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/week-5-broadcast-live-7-ratings-oct-23-29-2017/

Episode four had a gained an additional 448,000 views after 7 days, an increase of 60% on it's overnight figures. This brings it's total viewership after one week to just shy of 1.2 million. It also doubled it's figures among adults aged 18-49.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/week-6-broadcast-live-7-ratings-oct-30-nov-5-2017/

3. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Me too dear Carrie, I love CPW and keep a bad quality VHS recording from Spanish TV (dubbed in Spanish of course) Better than nothing... as you say. I think CPW deserved a better luck and more seasons (I loved the first season/concept with Hemingway vs Amick) but 2 factors doomed it: CBS (a mature audience oriented network) and not the perfect timing, airing when soaps were seen as something from the 80's. Don't you think a new CPW would be a HIT today on CW?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    I found this recently and it's the clearest of any upload I've seen so far. Unfortunately, they haven't uploaded any further episodes.

There were a few reasons why the show bombed. As you said, CBS in 1995, was a network with a much older audience. It was the home of more gentle shows like Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Due South, Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder and Touched By An Angel. A soap about young Manhattan clothes horses, scaling the social ladder on their backs (to quote the great Linda Fairchild Rush) just didn't fit in on CBS. I still believe that the show would've lived had it aired on FOX. Their soaps were still rating well and Central Park West would've been a good companion piece to Melrose Place. FOX actually made an offer for the show but were unable to match the money offered by CBS (I recall $1m an episode being quoted).

Even on CBS, there's a chance it could have survived but they didn't box clever with the timeslot. It was hailed as the most hyped show of the new season. As a result, FOX counter-programmed against it, first with a two hour premiere of 90210 up against the first episode of Central Park West and then again the following week, they put a special 100th episode of Melrose against it (it was actually the show's 99th episode but they promoted it as the 100th). Both FOX soaps were at the height of their powers at the time so Central Park West didn't stand a chance. Had they scheduled the show in a 10pm timeslot, either on Wednesday or elsewhere, it may have fared better among soap fans as it would've been clear of any of the FOX soaps, given that the network's primetime programming finishes up at 10pm.

I think the first thirteen episodes of the original are almost perfect (I'm not that bothered with the Alex arc) so I'd have mixed feelings about seeing it being remade on an inevitably lower budget on today's CW.

• Like Like x 2
  5. E-JULIAN

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I've recently found the 21 episodes in mkv format (VHSRips) recorded from CBS in 1995, not the best quality but better than the spanish version I had (and still keeping). Hope someday we can have CPW The Complete Series on DVD...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    EPISODE 7 - 29/11/17

This weeks overnights were more or less unchanged compared to last week. They scored 40,000 more than last week but remained at a 0.2 rating for 18-49's and at the bottom of the pile for networks shows overall.

0.695 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15

It'll be interesting to see in the coming weeks / months, what effect (if any) the arrival of Nicollette Sheridan will have on the show's numbers.

7. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    @Carrie Fairchild Who knows? But I've already seen many people on social media and in discussions on gossip sites, spoiler sites and media sites commenting that they will definitely check her out [some even stated that they will start watching the show once she shows up]. There might be a little bit of a ratings bump but not by much. I wonder what the ratings would have been like if they aired this show on CBS [CBS Television produces it] instead of The CW.

8. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    I don't think it's really a "CBS" type show. That network is all about sitcoms and crime procedurals these days. I may be wrong but I think Cane in 2007 may have been the last time a soap was on their prime time schedule.

From what I've seen too, Nicollette's casting has been warmly received overall. I can't see her doubling the ratings or anything but I don't think her addition will hurt the show either.

• Like Like x 1
  9. E-JULIAN

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Yeah! I hope the numbers skyrockets!!!

10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,635
    So how come there wasn't a new episode? Was there something else scheduled? Does the CW normally do this? I thought it was only like ABC or CBS that did it for big sport things.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +1,911
    Yes, that was strange and because of that gap the Thanksgiving-episode came one week late as well now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    There was no new episodes of Dynasty or Riverdale that night. The CW were airing two hour coverage of the iHeartRadio Music Festival instead. I've never heard of it before but presumably it's a big enough deal in the US to warrant television coverage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    EPISODE 8 - 06/12/17

No changes in the overnights again this week. The show is still pulling in just shy of 700,000, is still rating a 0.2 and is still the lowest rating network show of the night. Midseason finale airs next week so it'll be interesting to see if the prospect of a big cliffhanger bumps the numbers up a bit.

0.691 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    EPISODE 9 - 13/12/17 - MID SEASON FINALE

Overnights for this week saw viewers increase by 31,000 but demographics didn't change as it still scored a 0.2 among adults 18-49 and still rated lowest among network shows for the night.

0.722 million viewers, #14; adults 18-49: 0.2, #14

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,692
    It continues to grow!!!!

16. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Well, at least it's stable for now. I'd like to see it grow a little bit in the future (if there is a future for the show beyond the first season).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +1,911
    Why shouldn't there be a future? They expanded it from 13 to 22 Episodes with these numbers, and if they even keep slightly growing (which they obviously do) i could not think of a reason why there shouldn't be more seasons coming. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    As first seasons go on the CW, the show is rating lower than other low raters like Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Jane The Virgin did in their first year. Looking at the ratings back to back below, the overnights have settled in around the 700,000 mark. Which is fine these days for a CW show. There are shows getting renewed that are scoring around 500,000 so even if Dynasty sheds viewers over the seasons, it should be fine unless it drops to zero. Presuming Netflix stay on board, I'm guessing this'll be around for at least four seasons.

Episode 1: 1.335 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.4, #15
    Episode 2: 0.979 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.3, #15
    Episode 3: 0.726 million viewers, #14; adults 18-49: 0.2, #14
    Episode 4: 0.764 million viewers, #14; adults 18-49: 0.2, #14
    Episode 5: 0.722 million viewers, #11; adults 18-49: 0.2, #11
    Episode 6: 0.655 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15
    Episode 7: 0.695 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15
    Episode 8: 0.691 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15
    Episode 9: 0.722 million viewers, #14; adults 18-49: 0.2, #14

• Like Like x 1
  19. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,692
    It's the first exclusively owned CBS show since Beauty and the Beast and considering the general inbalance on the network between CBS/Warner properties I'd be willing to be it stays around for four seasons/70-80 episode mark. I guess if the Charmed reboot really takes off they might let CBS have that instead of Dynasty, but the fact that Dynasty got a full season points to them investing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +763
    EPISODE 10 - 17/01/17

Last night's return saw the show continue it's streak at the bottom of the pile of the Wednesday shows

0.643 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15.

• Informative Informative x 1