The Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Carrie Fairchild, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Looking back over the ratings so far, this week marks it's lowest rating of the season so far, 12k lower than it's previous low point.

2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    It's lower but it was off the air for about 5 weeks, these drops were totally expected. Was there even a cliffhanger before Christmas? I honestly can't remember (which is probably a bad sign).

3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Stunning ratings. Haters be damned!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,983
    U bee so crazee.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    If ratings stay like this when Alexis shows up bad bad bad. We'll prob get the 22 but a season 2 will see just as bad ratings.

6. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Dynasty will end in 2018. 2019 if they give it a full season 2 order... The most I could see them getting is a 13 episode season 2 at first, even if ratings are awful with Alexis. Everyone is saying Friday is a bad sign.

7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    It'll all end up on CBS (you know, the C in The CW). They want to drag this to an acceptable syndication number? They will, even if we like it or notö

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    EPISODE 11 - 24/01/18

Lowest overnight ratings for the season so far.

0.558 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.2, #15

9. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    :D
    But isn't that misleading? Can we really call anyone watching that show an adult?:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Does anybody have figures for the live plus 3 or 7 ratings? That’s usually what they go off of. It’ll be interesting to see if Dynasty is getting any kind of boost from delayed viewing.

11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,039
    Most of us were kids when we watched original Dynasty, including the series best parts. So I don't think it should make any difference.

12. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Those figures only seem to be reported on sporadically. I can't find a resource that lists them weekly. The last reported figure to include DVR was for episode 8 back in December (0.97m viewers) which meant than it had been watched by 300k people on catchup / on demand.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120

I give it 22 episodes. If they get a season 2 that will be pathetic. Netflix or not. Friday airings will be lower!

22-44 episodes max. Trust me it won't go beyond 44 episodes with these ratings and the Friday night move in April.

Season 1 should end with closure. But they're probably gonna end with a cliffhanger.

I would want to see Jeff, Monica and an escaped Cesil in a car or something, chasing Blake. Their car goes off a cliff. That would be a perfect end to this show.

14. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I don't know if it matters whether or not Dynasty is getting any boost from delayed DVR ratings. If the CW is relying solely on live ratings to make a decision on renewal, then Dynasty's in pretty bad shape. From the way things are going, I won't be surprised if the show's ratings continue to fall until they hit near zero. I don't know if anything can save this show at this point. Maybe there's a possibility that Dynasty is just destined to be a one season show. Such a shame though because this is the first soap I've enjoyed in a long time and I've developed a level of attachment to a large majority of the characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ChrisSumner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +106
    No show depends on live ratings anymore, it’s a combination of things including delayed viewing and streaming, so Dynasty is definitely in bad shape but we don’t know the full picture to say it is gone. If it holds the same ratings on Friday it would be considered successful enough to be renewed. The other Friday shows get the same ratings and are getting renewed. Plus they have the Netflix deal. I’m not saying it’s a sure bet, but it’s not over yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    I think it is safe to say at this point - and I hate to say it, because I enjoy the show - Dynasty is doomed. One has to be realistic, the continuing downward trend - which is only going to exacerbate following the move to Fridays - makes a season 2 renewal prohibitive. What ratings would it pull next fall if it's so low - and keeps falling - now?

TV Grim Reaper - one of the guys who used to run TV By the Numbers before they sold it - said last week Dynasty was likely to be canceled. In fact he put that into the title of his weekly report for all broadcast shows on January 15th - that's before seeing the downward trend in the ratings for the past 2 episodes:

http://www.tvgrimreaper.com/2018/01/15/predictions-week-17-dynasty-likely-canceled/3355/

Netflix or no Netflix, I can't see how this show will survive, even in today's climate where linear ratings don't seem to matter as much anymore.

17. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    I still wonder why it got a full season order in the first place.
    How are they feeling on set in this situation, as they are still shooting the remaining episodes these days... poor guys. :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  18. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    From your mouth to CW's ears.
    Sorry for those who enjoy the show, but for me the longer it stays on the more the stigma of that show spreads to the original IP (though granted, so few now even know that concoction is on).

19. ChrisSumner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +106
    If the show was doomed it wouldn’t have gotten a full back nine, it wouldn’t be getting a new time slot and Alexis wouldn’t be coming on. The head of CW specifically said that they’re retooling the show and hoping that Nicolette brings a larger audience to the show. My guess is they’ll promote her arrival as well. It’s still weeks away. He clearly knows more than us to even feel there is a chance.

20. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    Yes, that must be. As F. Scott Fitzgerald said, "the CW executives are different from you and me."