The Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Carrie Fairchild, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    I have to say, despite how awful the show is and how much I want it off the air, it doesn't look it's a done deal yet, per industry talk. It looks like Netflix will have the final say on this, and how it has done streaming in other countries. I think (hope) it has done lousy there too, but the jury it still out.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,455
    Well if we have to start explaining who these mega stars are then clearly they don't have the international pulling power to draw viewers in. I had to remind myself who Stana Katic was and that was because I never watched Castle. The name Taraji P. Henson looked familiar only because I gave Empire some valuable time but switched off after a half dozen episodes. At least Nicolette will resonate with viewers because Desperate Housewives was an international hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Taraji is pretty well-known outside Empire - she's even got an Oscar nomination under her belt, multiple Emmy nominations, Golden Globe awards, plus Screen Actors Guild Awards etc. Stana on the other hand was known to Castle's audience who probably wouldn't accept the show without her as the co-lead, but outside of Castle not so much. Nicolette really isn't well-known outside of Desperate Housewives internationally and Knots Landing seems to be a bit forgotten by the general public, especially as it's not out there on DVD or streaming.

With that said, Joan was hardly a mega star when she entered Dynasty...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    It starts tomorrow on Netflix Germany.
    But the worst thing is, like the original they are naming it "DER DENVER-CLAN"!!!!!!!!!! :hair: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is soooooo beyond stupid and embarrassing!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    You're missing the German irony behind it. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Okay, the obvious plan behind that is not too bad: fans of the old show are happy und excited to see the show's name appearing and click on it.
    Then, with being deeply disappointed by the actual content after 5 minutes already, they move along and never watch any more of it and show gets cancelled. :dance:

Although 5 minutes is actually quite optimistic, the truth will be more like 5 seconds literally, right after idiot Trump and the Cardashians are mentioned in the introduction. :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    EPISODE 13 - 07/02/18

Another increase on overnights this week, up 21k on last week's figures. Any increase is a positive but it's also to be noted that ABC aired a film against Dynasty, instead of it's usual programming this week, so it wasn't a "standard" week as such.

0.662 million viewers, #12; adults 18-49: 0.2, #12

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    EPISODE 14 - 09/03/18

A slight dip in numbers but nothing dramatic considering the gap between episodes. Also, Dynasty is no longer the lowest rating network show of it's night, with Jane The Virgin trailing behind it.

0.659 million viewers, #12; adults 18-49: 0.2 #12

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Smash hit!!! Don't you dare to cancel CW!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Dynasty's timeslot replacement Life Sentence certainly didn't smash any records on Wednesday night.

When the premiere episode gets what Dynasty has averaged for the season, it's not a good sign. And I find that comforting, along with the fact Dynasty's transition to Friday hasn't cost the show dearly. Yet.

Let's see now if Nicolette can pump up the ratings a little.

11. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    If she's not given some iron, she won't pump anything...
    The sinews of war is the WRITING. And this one is extremely predictable and tedious...

12. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    @Gabriel Maxwell I am waiting until you tire of your sig so I can steal it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gabriel Maxwell

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Done. Enjoy!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gabriel Maxwell

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    TV Grim Reaper - again, that's one of the two guys who originally founded TV By The Numbers - has switched his prediction for DYNASTY to 'likely renewal'. This was at the end of February, i.e. even before the show's timeslot successor Life Sentence flopped on its premiere night. His reasoning is as follows:

Dynasty is likely to be renewed. While it has the current distinction of being the lowest rated show on national English broadcast TV the CW will have 20% more airtime to fill next season, and they’ve got to fill it with something. Instead of renewing 2 low rated CBS Studios produced shows as they have in the past, the reaper now predicts the CW will renew 3.

https://www.tvgrimreaper.com/2018/02/26/predictions-week-23-dynasty-likely-renewed/3479/

15. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    EPISODE 15 - 16/03/18

Overnights increased this week, to give the show it's highest rating since the new year began. In overall figures, it came second last for the night but was bottom of the pile among 18-49 year olds.

0.683 million viewers, #12; adults 18-49: 0.1, #13

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,455
    Hang on! It's clear Dynasty 2.0 is being steered,written and produced with this target audience in mind and they're still not watching? Wow, I'm shocked....not. When are these TV types going to sniff the roses and realise the 18-49 (and I use that age 49 rather loosely) are not interested. They'd rather watch pseudo reality nonsense like Keeping Up With The Dashounds.

From just watching the short clips made available here and on youtube this series has no heart or soul. Just kill it already. If that's brutal it's meant to be. The team behind this latest incarnation of Dynasty had a vision and target audience in mind and still cannot garner the numbers. See what happens when you let the children run riot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,039
    I'm sure they're going to try an Alexis-season before talking about a (possible) cancellation. I guess I'll have to watch it with the sound off:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    The show was airing against the basketball tournaments of March ("March Madness"), which traditionally draws good ratings. Dynasty is actually good counter-programming (folks into Dynasty might not be basketball fans), but the dreaded .01 rating is considered deadly in the TV biz. Very few broadcast shows reach that low rating...but the highly-rated time-slot competitor likely had a lot more to do with that than just general disinterest in the show.

Even if the advertisers are obsessed with 18-49, the CW could buck that trend by gearing their promos to the 25-54 (or higher) crowd, advertising in areas where they can let that age bracket know that history is repeating itself with Alexis showing up. CBS, which co-owns the CW, is a traditionally older-skewing network, and if they would allow the CW to air a few targeted Dynasty promos during...say, daytime soaps or the evening news, the show could benefit greatly.

"Remember where you were when Alexis strolled into that courtroom? Remember when Alexis turned the Carrington family upside down? Now's the perfect time to tune in to see it happen all over again." If they can show growth in total viewers (even if 18-49 remains low), they can make an argument that they deserve another season.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,455
    Daniel I like your optimism but perhaps the writers/producers should show growth in the characters first and foremost. I'm in the over 50 bracket and I wouldn't given this series the time of day. It's not even entertaining. Original Dynasty - as campy as it became - is head and shoulders above this nonsense. Dynasty 2.0 is clearly not for me, that's ok. The ratings suggest not even their target audience is watching so I don't believe dramatic change by introducing Alexis 2.0 is going to make a difference. Too little, too late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Stunning series low. I can't wait for it to double when Nicolette arrives!