The Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Carrie Fairchild, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +958
    EPISODE 16 - 23/03/18

Mommie Dearest's arrival had no great effect on overnight ratings this week. Overall viewers were down to 670k but the 18-49 rating increased by 1/10th, enough to bump it back up to 0.2 after last week's season low of 0.1.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    This isn't a reboot of Dynasty it's a reinvisioning of it. The CW did the same with 90210 and Melrose Place, but both brought original actors of the characters into the mix. Not major characters. Dynasty doesn't have any of that. I'm not mad at this version of Dynasty. I had never seen the original til this past year. I didn't like where this version was going initially but now I'm liking it. There's the Liam situation who is likely to be Adam, there's grandpa Carrington sleeping with Cecil's wife, so we're gonna see a Domonique character earlier than the original. Then there's Alexis.

To be honest, I don't think they(CW) really expected many fans from the original to watch. I'm 34, I wasn't even born when the show came out. But I'm their target audience and I'm watching.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +958
    Interestingly, the overnight ratings for last week's episode were actually adjusted down to 630k, giving the show it's second 0.1 rating among 18-49year olds in a row.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/friday-final-ratings-march-23-2018/

The show also got a mention in the 7 day ratings roundup for the March 16th episode "Our Turn Now". After DVR views etc, it still only scored a 0.2 among 18-49's. Basically, the catch up viewings don't even seem to be dragging the show up to healthy numbers. By comparison, the similarly low rated (in terms of viewers) Jane The Virgin is still scoring up to 0.5 among 18-49's when DVR viewers are counted.

With numbers as lousy as this, there's only three things that I think could save it from cancellation (i) it's doing amazingly well on Netflix internationally but we haven't heard about it because they don't release their figures (ii) as the CW is expanding it's hours this fall, they're going to need to fill the schedule with something or (iii) Alexis' arrival will cause a spike in the ratings.

4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,485
    Yesterday I posted a review on Netflix and I told them NOT to cancel it, maybe I said NEVER.
    DYNASTY is safe, at least for another season:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    So, uh, was there a massive pre-emption or did Alexis just save Dynasty?

994k viewers / 0.3 A18-49

Edit: it was pre-empted in LA for baseball, so it will adjust down. Hopefully not to another 0.1.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  6. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +958
    I'm not sure how the ratings system works when a network is pre-empted in an entire market but according to TV Grim Reaper, it'll be Monday before there's a clearer picture of how Dynasty fared.

7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Yeah, it'll adjust down. Los Angeles is the #2 market. It doesn't air there until tonight. Still, it'll give CW a good press release for today at least!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Carrie Fairchild

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +958
    EPISODE 17 - 30/03/18

Friday's adjusted ratings have been released. Dynasty adjusted down to 690k viewers, a rise of 60k on the previous week. The 18-49 rating was adjusted down to 0.2.