1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoapLand - The Battle Of The Rooms

Discussion in 'Notable TV' started by Willie Oleson, Mar 25, 2020 at 5:42 PM.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    upload_2020-3-25_18-30-48.png

We have already voted for our favourite house/mansion, but do you have any favourite rooms?
    Living room, bedroom, bathroom, office etc.

And btw, the SoapLand Battle countdown has begun!

• Like Like x 4
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    Bliss's Room, The Colby's
    [​IMG]

This topic can officially be closed now since we already have the winner.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    Ignorance is indeed Bliss. And so is Tackiness. [/eye bleach]

It looks like the central atrium at the Galleria Mall.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    1- Pam´s bathroom (Dallas) (especially the shower)
    2- Jessica´s guest room at SF (Dallas) (cut pics included)
    3- John Ross´s bedroom at Southfork (Dallas) (car-bed included)
    4- Jack´s bedroom in the Dream Season (Dallas) (yes, the bed was big, too)
    5- Jock´s old den with the cast pics in it (Dallas) (that much-missed room!)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,297
    1) Angela's study: Where most of the action took place, in the Falcon Crest mansion. As such it was Angela's control room. - FALCON CREST.

2) The Southfork living room: The Ewings had their pre dinner drinks here and argy bargies between J.R. and Bobby occurred in this area. Ellie's beloved piano took pride of place here, also her porcelain ornaments. - DALLAS.

3) The library in the Carrington mansion: The first scene inside the grand Carrington mansion happened in this room. Over the years there were showdowns, revelations and even a siege in the library. - DYNASTY.

4) The den in Southfork: A fine enclave, which was shown in the early seasons. - DALLAS.

5) The wine tasting room: The place in the winery for celebration / parties and of course it was so important to the final produce. - FALCON CREST.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    I believe it wins in the category Beyond Description - Willie is just to shocked to say it out loud.

7. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    Bla..bla..bla...either way, thank you for your vote! :love8:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    Shocked! I tells ya!

9. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,846
    1. Angela's Office/Study - The set designer did a great job in making the room reflect her personality. It was elegant, traditional, business-like but with homely elements. The location of many great showdowns. FALCON CREST

[​IMG]

2. The Southfork Dining Room - The scene of so many family arguments, breakdowns and put downs. - DALLAS

[​IMG]

3. The Weldon Breakfast Room - The Weldon's either had breakfast on the veranda or in this room and in contrast to Dallas, where most of the drama happened over dinner, in Flamingo Road breakfast was where the family's stories unfolded. FLAMINGO ROAD

[​IMG]

4. John Ross's Bedroom - Mainly for it's iconic wallpaper but also because it was the scene of so many great scenes following John Ross's birth and paternity suit. DALLAS

[​IMG]

5. The Falcon Crest Laboratory - It was Julia's domain and she always wore a lab coat when in the room to give the impression she was doing something scientific but mostly she was whining (pun intended) about Angela or having a some kind of breakdown. FALCON CREST

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 8:37 PM
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612

11. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,357
    Actually Bliss's room is probably the most creative of all the rooms mentioned. As we discovered when the DVD's were released her room is likely supposed to be a 3D representation of a David Hockney painting. And I love the detail in that. Sable being an Art buff and running the Colby Collection, it's a nice little layer and detail. Something Dynasty had forgotten. Now when I first saw Bliss's room I initially thought it was some kind of mid '80s neon pastel hell. I kinda still think that, it's not my taste but I can at least see what they were doing and why they were doing it.

upload_2020-3-27_19-56-20.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    Bliss is such an inspirational character!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    Most 1980s girls had to stick their finger down their throats to indulge their bulimia. All Sable had to do to keep her daughter fit and trim was send her to her room after dinner.:tv:

14. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    I'm going to interpret that comment as a vote. That's currently 2 points for the blissful room!
    Too bad she never tried to burn a secret letter or document in the fireplace.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,357
    Oh.... No. It's not a vote from me. My votes would probably all be from Dynasty. I never really honestly thought any of the rooms on Dallas were that amazing even after they spent some money on them. I will go have a look and then come back with my top 5.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    Or her face!

17. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    I can think of three right off the bat, but I'm having trouble with four and five at the moment. And no, Bliss's "Spencer's Gifts Showroom" ain't one of them.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,357
    I mean it's hard for me to pick from the 49 rooms of the Carrington mansion. Even if 40 are just the same room redressed.

19. Alexis

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,357
    1. Dynasty - The Library
    The grandeur and scale of the library and the studio recreation is really something else. Those original Carrington mansion sets were stunning. Some of the most beautiful sets for a TV show ever. Even by today's standards they still hold up. They really look like an aged always been there home. They make most of the Southfork rooms look like everybody else's house. The wood panelling and the moulding the huge fireplace, the bookcases of leather bound books, the antiques. It's a big delicious chocolate box of a room with treats everywhere to be seen.
    Such a gorgeous and beautiful room, but maybe not for Steven.

2. Dynasty - The Livingroom
    This set didn't really change at all in it's layout, furniture placement or details from season 2 on. It's another gorgeous room, huge and well designed and laid out. I love the fireplace, the huge oil painting over it. The two sets of double doors leading to it on either side. I also really love that dark green and gold Chinese printed fabric sofa on the back wall facing the fireplace. You cant see it in these scenes but it's visible in earlier scenes with Alexis and Krytsle.

And from 1 min in here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 8:04 PM
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    My top 5 is purely based on aesthetic value, but not necessarily the most luxurious room. It's the room that I'd like to explore and experience and touch because there's something characteristic or peculiar about it.

1. Chase Gioberti's living room - FALCON CREST
    upload_2020-3-28_17-35-15.png
    There are so many fabulous details I wouldn't know where to look first. The main structure is slightly grotesque, hostile even, but with the Giobertis in it, it looks charming and very comfortable.

2. Blake Carrrington's original dining room - DYNASTY
    upload_2020-3-28_17-43-25.png
    Who needs Moldavia when the real castle is in Denver, Colorado? It's a room that represents the cold and ruthless character of Dynasty's oil tsar.

3. Emma Channing's bedroom - FALCON CREST
    [​IMG]
    The different floor levels and the charming little balustrade gives me the impression of a mini-spring house inside the bedroom.
    Beautiful old-fashioned colours were still allowed in SoapLand, before pastel-mania took over.
    I think this was Angela's hobby room in the first episodes - she made clay sculptures, and this artistry is yet another thing they had in common with Dynasty (Alexis as a painter) - and I also got the impression that it was the tower room.
    But in season 1's finale episode Emma escapes via the window so….did she jump?

4. Jeb Hollister's living room - THE YELLOW ROSE
    [​IMG]
    Rustic and luxurious, but the odd entrance (behind Jane Russell) is its biggest selling point for me.

5. Kenny & Ginger's living room - KNOTS LANDING
    [​IMG]
    Despite its minimalistic and semi-bohemian interior I find it a very warm and inviting room.
    The self-indulgent idea behind it kinda makes it look more luxurious than it really is.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1