1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

The Rules Of Witchcraft And Geniecraft

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Grant Jennings, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +383
    As much as I love "Bewitched" and "I Dream Of Jeannie" it bothers me that there appear to be no rules regarding magic.

On "Bewitched" Samantha frequently has to beg Endora, Serena, Uncle Arthur, etc, to undo a spell because - she tells Darrin - she can't reverse another witch's spell. Yet, there are times Sam tries to get Aunt Clara or Esmeralda to remember a spell so she herself can reverse it. Huh?!

Samantha frequently twitches her nose and Endora waves her arms to cast spell but at other times elaborate incantations are used to cast a spell. There doesn't appear to be a link between the amount of effort required and the action produced as a result.

On "I Dream Of Jeannie" we're told that Jeannie was originally a mortal but an evil Djinn turned her into a genie and sealed her in a bottle. Later, Jeannie learns that she will no longer be a genie if she marries a mortal - but, and this is what causes Tony to bail - her children will be genies. Even later, Tony and Jeannie wed and retains her powers. Huh?!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Or more accurately, there are hard and fast rules that change from episode to episode.

For example, genies cannot be photographed - except when they can. :)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)