The sunroom addition.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,874
    Medals:
    Most of the action around the mansion happened in Angela’s study, the foyer and Melissa / Lance’s bedroom but in season 5 there was a new room, the sunroom (solarium). In a house which was noted for it’s gothic style this new room complemented the switch to a more pastel look. While I preferred the colour scheme from the early seasons I thought the solarium was a worthwhile addition. Do you have the same view?

Emma, Angela and Dwayne are in the FC sunroom. Shortly before this Angela tried to buy Dwayne off, by suggesting she help start a truck business and for him to leave the valley, (a scene from season 5, 1985-’86):

Dwayne: “I told her what you tried to do Mrs. Channing. I thought Emma had a right to know.”

Emma: “I know your business scruples leave something to be desired mother but your own daughter. Have you no shame?”

Angela: “I’d do the whole thing all over again if I had to. It’s a mother’s duty to protect her daughter’s welfare. I’m just happy that Dwayne came through my little test.”

Emma: “Test?”

Angela: “Yes! I gave him the opportunity to approve his character and he came through with flying colours. He is totally honourable.”

Emma: “Now wait a minute, let us get this straight. Are you gonna let us get married, you’re not gonna stop us.”

Angela: “Of course I’m for it 1000%.”

Dwayne looks bewildered at both Emma and Angela.

Emma: “Oh mother this is amazing! Thank you! I can’t believe it!”

Emma hugs her mother and then Angela says, “After, after Dwayne sells his truck and stops wandering all over the country and provides you with a stable home darling.”

• Like Like x 3
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,956
    Medals:
    I don't remember the Sun Room, I'll have to re-watch a bit of season 5 to refresh my memory.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,240
    Medals:
    I don't remember that room either, which significant scenes took part there?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Medals:
    The solarium was beside the study. I think Richard had the final episode showdown with Angela regarding the business, in the solarium.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,722
    Medals:
    The real house has one off the dining room. My problem with the addition of the sunroom is that they placed it where the kitchen should be -- I think it should have been behind the living room, myself.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,486
    Medals:
    So when you entered the solarium at Falcon Crest did you exit via the hallway of the Carrington Mansion? Or did the Falcon Crest solarium actually have windows? Or was it too, a cupboard to have breakfast in under the stairs? And when is a conservatory just a living room? Does a piano make a living room a conservatory? Do pastels stop a mansion from looking gothic or is a mansion gothic even if pastel-ified?

Join us next week on WTF is up with this Soap Mansion?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Medals:
    Angela’s sunroom was ace but I would have liked to have seen more of her kitchen. Wasn’t there just one episode with the kitchen featuring.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,722
    Medals:
    Yes, in S3, Lance and Melissa scheme in the kitchen -- an episode Foxworth directed.

• Like Like x 2