The surrogacy story, with Cole becoming a daddy to N.o. 2.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,872
    Medals:
    I didn’t mind the surrogacy story, even if it did end up the usual T.V. / film way. Getting Cole and Melissa involved in something like this was interesting, as IMHO it gave Mr. Moses and Ms. Alicia perhaps their last meaty goings on before Cole sailed off on the high seas, early in season 6. Although Robin may have wanted Cole all to herself and then ended up doing the expected I thought that Barbara Howard did well, as Melissa’s good looking cousin. Her casting was very appropriate.

Robin Agretti meets with Angela, in the Falcon Crest study. They will be discussing her child with Cole. The child Melissa wants as her own, (a scene from season 5, 1985 – ’86):

Angela: “I assume you have been causing a great deal of trouble for the Giobertis?”

Robin: “I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.”

Angela: “Its time we have a little chat. Sit down! This could be a perfect opportunity for both of us.”

Robin: “Wait a minute. I just want my baby. What do you mean?”

Angela: “Melissa poisons everything she touches, including my grandsons. Now she is not going to raise your baby.”

Robin smiles and then Chao-Li enters with tea in the best Falcon Crest china, for the three of them.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Medals:
    Did Melissa really think it would have been business only? One scene I remember was the cat fight between Melissa and Robin, then Cole had to end their hair pulling.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Medals:
    The story was just ok. Surrogate stories usually end up the same way and FC should have done it differently.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +578
    Medals:
    I couldn't stand Robin. I thought Barbara Howard was at best mediocre, as the character.