1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The US 2016 Election Thread

Discussion in 'US Politics' started by TomParks2016, Sep 13, 2016.

1. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +541
    CQUOTE="angela channing, post: 11372, member: 33"]But the people you work with aren't running for President. Is someone that boasts about sexually assaulting women how you want your country represented in the world?[/QUOTE]

Don't want a woman who laughs about getting the rapist of a young girl acquitted representing my country even more.

2. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Not to mention her ridiculous rooster dance when she almost started crowing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. McGarrett

McGarrett Guest

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    • Like Like x 1
  4. McGarrett

McGarrett Guest

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. McGarrett

McGarrett Guest

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. McGarrett

McGarrett Guest

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    In my humble opinion I just can't imagine Marky staying away forever..

7. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Hillary, because a majority of the country doesn't want a bigoted, sexist, loud mouth and inexperience A*****e as president.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TomParks2016

TomParks2016 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +425
    Funny MSLSD interviewed women voters today and none gave 2 shits about what Trump said....No wonder the media has a whopping 7% approval rating

• Like Like x 1
  9. TomParks2016

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +425
    Haha, McGarrett if Hillary is elected it will be no time until Bill pushes her off the stage as he did Obama :popcorn:

10. SueEllenRules!

SueEllenRules! Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Calling people out on their bullsh!t
    Ratings:
    +780
    Donald Trump to Howard Stern: It's okay to call my daughter a 'piece of ass'

(CNN) - Warning: This story contains graphic language.
    • Donald Trump engaged in crude and demeaning conversations about women over a 17-year-period with radio shock-jock Howard Stern, according to a review by CNN's KFile of hours of newly uncovered audio.
    • Among the topics Trump discussed: his daughter Ivanka's physique, having sex with women on their menstrual cycles, threesomes, and checking out of a relationship with women after they turn 35.
    • Trump's long track record of making misogynistic comments and engaging in lewd conversations about sex took on a new and much darker tone on Friday night, when the Washington Post published audio of Trump, caught on a hot mic in 2005, bragging about how women let him do whatever he wants to them because he's a celebrity.
    • While Trump's comments — in which he describes forcing himself upon women — stand apart from anything he has said in the past, Trump has long engaged in sexually explicit banter over the years, particularly on Stern. Trump appeared on Stern's radio program for decades, and while many of his appearances have been reported on, KFile's review has turned up previously unreported examples of Trump engaging in crude conversations.
    On Ivanka Trump's physique
    • In more than one interview with Stern, Trump took part in conversations about Ivanka Trump's appearance, including one about the size of her breasts.
    • In an October 2006 interview, Stern remarks that Ivanka "looks more voluptuous than ever," and asked if she had gotten breast implants. Trump is willing to engage in the discussion about his own daughter, telling Stern that she did not get implants.
    • "She's actually always been very voluptuous," Trump responds. "She's tall, she's almost 6 feet tall and she's been, she's an amazing beauty."
    • In another interview, from September 2004, Stern asks Trump if he can call Ivanka "a piece of ass," to which Trump responds in the affirmative.
    • "My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka," says Trump.
    • "By the way, your daughter," says Stern.
    • "She's beautiful," responds Trump.
    • "Can I say this? A piece of ass," Stern responds.
    • "Yeah," says Trump.
    On women's ages
    • In his interviews with Stern, Trump discussed leaving women after a certain age and dating younger women.
    • In a 2002 appearance, Trump calls 30 "a perfect age."
    • "Until she's 35," a co-host interjects.
    • "What is it at 35? It's called check-out time," Trump responds.
    • In a 2006 interview, Stern asks Trump, "Do you think you could now be banging 24-year-olds?"
    • "Oh, absolutely," Trump says.
    • "Would you do it?," asks Stern.
    • "I'd have no problem," Trump said.
    • Stern then asked Trump if he has an age limit.
    • "No, I have no age — I mean, I have age limit. I don't want to be like Congressman Foley, with, you know, 12-year-olds."
    On his own sex life
    • Trump frequently talked about his personal sex life on Stern's radio program, which included him willingly engaging in a discussion about having sex with women on their menstrual cycles.
    • "Will you have sex with a woman if she's having her period? Go ahead," Stern asks Trump in a 1997 interview.
    • "I thought he was looking at Kate when he said that," Trump responded, looking at his "Art of Comeback" co-author and fellow guest Kate Bohner. "She's done that."
    • "Donald, seriously, you would not, right, am I correct?," asked Stern.
    • "Well, I've been there. I have been there Howard, as we all have," Trump responded.
    • "You don't like it?," asked Stern.
    • "Well, sometimes you get there by mistake," Trump said.
    • In the same interview, Stern also asked Trump, "Have you had a black women in bed?"
    • "Well, it depends on what your definition of black is," responded Trump.
    • "Interesting. I like this discussion. His bed is a rainbow," Stern said.
    • "The rainbow coalition, as Rev. Jesse would say," Trump said.
    • Later in the interview, Trump says he lost his virginity at "about 14."
    • "It was a young woman, who was really beautiful, she the hot little girl in high school or grammar school or whatever," Trump said. "She was hot. I haven't seen her. I haven't seen her."
    • In a 2008 interview, Trump said he was still having "a lot" of sex with his wife Melania. Later, when co-host Artie Lang asked Trump if he ever had a threesome -- describing multiple women together weighing 300 pounds -- Trump willingly responds in the affirmative, and actually suggests he has slept with three women collectively weighing 375 pounds.
    • "I wouldn't say 300, I would say could be about 375," said Trump. "I figure 125 a piece as opposed to 100."
    • "Haven't we all," Trump added about men having threesomes, "are we babies?"
    • In an 1993 appearance, Stern and Trump discussed wealthy men who cannot get dates, when Stern says the difference with Trump is that he satisfies the women he sleeps with.
    • "And I couldn't care less," Trump replied.
    On infidelity
    • In a 1993 interview, Trump and Stern engaged in a conversation about fidelity in marriage, with Stern relaying how Trump was shocked when he told him that he doesn't cheat on his wife.
    • "Donald asked me during the commercials — and I don't think you mind me saying it — he says to me, 'so you don't get it on with anybody?," Stern says. "I said 'I'm really faithful to my wife' and he goes 'you're kidding? Really? What's that all about?'
    • "I can say to Howard's wife, that's true," Trump responds. "He did say that to me. It's great."
    • Trump adds, "I was actually faithful to my wife for many years, until I realized the marriage wasn't gonna work."
    • Later in the interview, Trump complained about his ex-wife Ivana's accent.
    • "The funny thing about Ivana is the accent got worse as she grew older, and some people said she wanted it to happen. The accent actually became more pronounced as years went by," Trump said.
    • "It was like the Chinese torture. You know, the water drops on your head," Trump said.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...rump-on-howard-stern/index.html?client=safari

11. TomParks2016

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +425
    Those were good years listening to Stern.....big fan since the WWOR 9 days

12. SueEllenRules!

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +780
    More than 30 Republicans have now called for Donald Trump to drop out
    Almost nobody in the Republican Party is defending Donald Trump right now, in the wake of a new Washington Post report showing him speaking in very lewd terms about women in 2005.
    • And the denunciations that have rolled in so far are coming from all sides of the party — from those who support Trump to those who have long opposed him to those close to him who are offering platitudes about how what he said was wrong, but that he's still better than Hillary Clinton. A growing number of them are even calling for him to end his campaign.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-new-trump-video-broken-down/?swe&tid=a_inl

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    That's anecdotal evidence. On the flip side, Trump's own wife said “The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me." Of course, she went on to say “I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world.” I'd say casually talking about sexual assault is an important issue. The average Trump supporter won't be swayed because they like his brand of gutter talk.

That said, many Republicans who grudgingly supported Trump are beginning to jump ship. This could potentially hurt him more than people realize.

That was a work of fiction. There is a definite line between fantasy and reality.

Trump said he moved on a married woman "like a bitch." I'll give him that much, as that certainly was a bitch move.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  14. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +353
    how is he now? i don't listen to him anymore since i refuse to pay that stupid ass price to hear him. either way Stern has things about him i agree with than there's things i disagree with. though if you want good reads and you can laugh at him or with him. read his books they are pretty good actually, i've read them more than once, as for Trump i dunno why any father wold say that about his daughter. i can see a father saying she's beautiful but a normal father would NEVER call their own kid a piece of ass. and i'm not surprised by any of this to be honest.

15. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I just saw a similar article in the New York Times. Frankly, I'm a little surprised. I know Trump isn't favored by the Republican establishment, but I still didn't expect so many to jump ship.

16. SueEllenRules!

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Trump: 'Zero chance I'll quit'
    (CNN) - Donald Trump on Saturday vowed to "never" drop out of the presidential race as a growing chorus of Republicans urged him to do exactly that after sexually aggressive remarks he made in 2005 surfaced a day earlier.
    • Asked by reporters if he planned to stay in the race, Trump answered simply: "100%."
    • But meanwhile, Trump's campaign appeared to be deteriorating around him as the Republican Party descended into a state of chaos.
    • His own running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, said he was "offended" by Trump's remarks and canceled plans to represent him at a political event on Saturday.
    • The third-most powerful Senate Republican, John Thune, a member of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's inner circle, called on Trump to "withdraw" and let Pence top the Republican ticket. Arizona Sen. John McCain, the party's 2008 nominee, announced he won't vote for Trump.
    'They can't make me quit'
    • Donald Trump, however, was unwavering.
    • "I'd never withdraw. I've never withdrawn in my life," Trump told The Washington Post Saturday morning. "No, I'm not quitting. I have tremendous support."
    • He also told The Wall Street Journal there is "zero chance I'll quit."
    • "They're not going to make me quit, and they can't make me quit," Trump told the Post.
    • He later tweeted, "The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA"
    • Pressed a final time by the Post about the possibility he could quit the race, Trump firmly shut the door on that option.
    • "Zero chance. I've never quit in my life," Trump said. "I can give you my word that I'm never leaving."
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...raw-republicans-race/index.html?client=safari

17. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,872
    Many of them are up for election too or are supporting candidates who are up for election and so they need to distance themselves from Trump who would be electoral poison to any campaign right now. That said, I'm also surprised how many of them are abandoning Trump so quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,872
    The whole Trump campaign has been one big ego trip for him, he won't drop out while he can still get some of the limelight.

19. SueEllenRules!

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Apparently, they're living in a fantasy world where Trump quits and they somehow get to replace him with someone else at the top of the ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SueEllenRules!

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Every move Trump makes is a bitch move. This time, he's made himself his own bitch as well as the Republican Party. It would be downright hysterical if it weren't so freaking absurd.