The Vampire Diaries Season 8 (The Final Season)

Discussion in 'Cult TV' started by Ms. Paige, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I love Vampire Diaries...especially without Elena

I am really looking forward to seeing how this show ends. But bummed it's ending.

2. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    honestly it feels like it's time for the show to end. 8 seasons is a great run in fact. you do know it's only going to be 16 episodes this season don't you? and yeah Elena will be back that's not much of a spoiler as it's been online everywhere. my guess from what the deal she made is she'll be back for the finale. so i have no idea if she'll do more than that but i hope they don't kill Bonnie yet again i've lost count how many times that girl has gotten killed. the originals also is going to be 16 episodes as well

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I don't mind the shorter seasons....I had not heard that Elena will be back for the finale...that kinda gives away what will happen in the finale....to me at least.

4. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    well it was announced and it doesn't me because we don't know how she'll show up at all. weather it's in the state she's in now or back to herself or if they will find a way to break... plus they also could have her in more than one episode too. you seem to forget that if you are watching a standard show than you'd expect it to be spoiled and more or less have a feeling on what will happen but with this show you just don't know. if they hadn't announced it than i wouldn't have said anything on here.

i'm just glad that Supernatrual is one show that's getting a full season! i didn't mean to put any spoilers on here for ya by the way. but you also do remember them showing her...
    and that in past episodes and that wasn't announced at all, nor was her voice either at the end of last season either. i have a feeling had they known they were going to end it at season 8 they wouldn't have said a damn thing about that agreement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Oh no it really didn't surprise me that they would bring her back for the final season and finding this out didn't bother me at all. I was just never a fan of her and the way the show was going when she was on.

I really keep watching it to see Damon.....:spinning:

[​IMG]

6. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    well that's the agreement she made when she left the show, i wish they would just kill her off because it's not that i hate her character i don't. i just think it feels like it's over and done with since she did leave the show. so why keep her around at all? i can tell you how i think it will end and it's this, they will bring her back to life and have her get back with Stefan. and my proof? when the Original Author came back and wrote more books over 20 years after she was done with it i think the timeline was? well she wanted to have her be with Damon so she as the creator of the characters and the books was fired by the publisher and they got a ghostwriter just cause they wanted her to end up with Stefan how messed up is that? so that's why i think they will do that in the finale.

7. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    Medals:
    Season 8 Promo

8. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    well it started tonight and honestly the 1st episode was a medicore episode to be quite honest.

9. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Hopefully, it'll be a bona fide ending. I'm tired of shows ending with all the big push on the air about SERIES FINALE! WHAT WILL HAPPEN? and it ends with events unresolved. It's the end. So end it. Don't feed us a cliffhanger with no resolution.

10. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    2 episodes so far and both pretty boring for me. I had thought at the end of season 7 that Damon and Enzo had gone off on a killing spree all on their own and I liked that thought....but I don't like the fact that they are being willed to do it by a new character.

11. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    see i hated tonight's episode, especially the ending. i'm sorry but i REALLY EXTREMELY hate it when tv shows are ending any tv shows, like ones like these, True Blood, hell even crime shows, LOST, where in the last season they just pass people off by killing off much loved characters. because it's the LAST season they have it be a blood bath. they think they are smart by doing it and all it does is pass people off and really HATE the last season. VD and LOST are shows where they kill off characters that they didn't need to at all and they did it just cause they can. not because it's needed for a story. when an actor like Mr. Echo in LOST was Killed it was out of the blue but i think it was if my memory is right that he wasn't returning. i also hate it when they bring characters back that aren't on the show anymore or show up once in awhile and than kill them,

what's the point in bringing them back for one scene than? one could say they do it so people will know that nobody is safe, the thing with that is, when a show does it so often it kinda no i think it does it ruins the impact it has when someone is killed off. you can still write it in a while to let fans know that nobody is safe.

like when Bobby was Killed in Dallas it worked and still does i think because we all knew he was leaving the show i think? and nobody expected him to die at the end of that season.
    The Mentalist sure was a show that also killed people they didn't need to, but with them they also wrote it in a way where the fans knew nobody was safe. when Patrick Jane was making his list on who was Red John in season 6 i think? it fit into the storyline and it angered me who some of them were killed true, but it also caught me by surprise too and it worked and it was done well. with shows like VD they do it and have done it far far too much so the impact doesn't shock anyone.

much like the 1st time Bonnie was killed it shocked me and now if they do it this season my reaction won't be shock but a you have GOT to be kidding me? again? that's NOT a good thing. sorry i had to do some venting on how stupid showrunners are for certain shows

12. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Medals:
    well the last episode just finished airing a few minutes ago and i really loved the finale it was a LOT better than i thought it would be. the death that i knew was going to happen wasn't the one that i thought it was going to be. i thought it was going to be Bonnie after last week's cliff-hanger ending and i ended up being wrong. but the season itself was awful but the last couple episodes were really good. it's like they were saving the best stuff for last, the best episodes i mean. but what i really find funny and it just makes me laugh my ass off is the creator of the characters, the woman who wrote the books in the early 90's. that the show is based off of. wanted the show to end with Elena & Damon and the show had it's heart sent on her being with Stefan. but what makes me laugh is last week they had him marry Caroline.

than Elena well watch the finale and you will get what i mean. i think the writers were forced to change what they wanted once their Elena left the show 2 years ago. what did you guys and gals think of it?